Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alicia Keys

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

damianwild

Reaction score
GEMINIPRINCESS said:
For me its Mariah...I dont care what anyone says lol
As far as voices go, Mariah is BY FAR the winner...but this poll is about who is the biggest "Diva" and no one else on the poll can touch Madonna based on pure facts: Madonna had sold more records, been on the covers of more magazines, created more controversy and has sold out more concerts than ANY of the other women on that poll (even her concert last year was reported as the highest selling concert of the ENTIRE year above all other music concerts).

frankie

Reaction score
Actually I like none of those people on your list, cant stand any of them.So, Heres my list.........
JENNIFER LOPEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
CYNDI LAUPER
LISA LISA
SAFIRE
ANGEL CLIVILLES
BETTY DEE
DEBORAH HARRY
PATTI LA BELLE
TEENA MARIE
INDIA
STACEY Q
JODY WATLEY
CHRISTINA AGUILERA
SELENA
JANIS JOPLIN

Brklyn345

Reaction score
It's always been Madonna...how many other artists you know have had the balls to shoot a video with burning crosses and interracial sex references in a church and get away with it? Any other person's career would have been destroyed for much less(see Sinead O'Connor). I really didn't like Madge's music post-1990(save for the Bedtime Stories album), but I've always respected her moxie.

"Nobody ignores Nikki Finn!!!"--Who's That Girl

mike4949

Reaction score
frankie said:
Actually I like none of those people on your list, cant stand any of them.So, Heres my list.........
JENNIFER LOPEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
CYNDI LAUPER
LISA LISA
SAFIRE
ANGEL CLIVILLES
BETTY DEE
DEBORAH HARRY
PATTI LA BELLE
TEENA MARIE
INDIA
STACEY Q
JODY WATLEY
CHRISTINA AGUILERA
SELENA
JANIS JOPLIN
I knew Frankie would make a case for J-Lo. janis is a good choice, except fort my list it's the past 25 years, maybe past 35 years. In addition, J-Lo tyo many is an actress first then a singer. X-Tina almost made my list Patti and Arethea are good choices, but once again, the past 25 years.

ChuckD

The Gay Lord of Freestyle
Reaction score
Brklyn345 said:
I really didn't like Madge's music post-1990(save for the Bedtime Stories album), but I've always respected her moxie.

Now that is funny. My all time fave Madonna song is "Frozen" off her Ray Of Light cd.

mike4949

Reaction score
Looks like it is Unaniomous: Madonna.

This is why I said Past 25 Years(after 1980, The period of MTV). She was not the best singer, but with her image and statements and ora, she really had a big impact on Pop Music after 1980. Aretha Franklin and Patti LaBelle are great, but they are more of 1960's and 70's leftovers. That's when they and Janis Joplin had a big impact.

frankie

Reaction score
mike4949 said:
I knew Frankie would make a case for J-Lo. janis is a good choice, except fort my list it's the past 25 years, maybe past 35 years. In addition, J-Lo tyo many is an actress first then a singer. X-Tina almost made my list Patti and Arethea are good choices, but once again, the past 25 years.
The truth is, I cant stand any of those singers you have on the list, which is why I made my list.Cyndi Lauper has been around for 25 years and still has an amazing voice, writes beautiful songs, still put's out cd's and does live shows and she's over 50 and looks great.She should of been put on the list-she is a true DIVA.Same goes for CHER.I did not vote in this category and for many good reasons.

Brklyn345

Reaction score
I definitely agree with you on Cyndi Lauper, Frankie, because she was a HUGE part of the golden era of MTV. Cher is kinda debatable for me only because she goes away for so long between albums, and besides her star was already established before MTV even hit the airwaves.