Go out & LOOK for new music Dammit!

Kid Heartbreak

Reaction score
That "All Night" by Armand Van Halden is slammin' and it's straight up freestyle! Why are peeps in the internet freestyle community refusing to give attention to music that's very freestyle but not from "freestyle artists"? This has been going on for some time now.

CultureKlashJEFF

Reaction score
That "All Night" by Armand Van Halden is slammin' and it's straight up freestyle! Why are peeps in the internet freestyle community refusing to give attention to music that's very freestyle but not from "freestyle artists"? This has been going on for some time now.
Most already know Armand Van Helden is a huge DJ in the House scene,
and "All Night" was heavily played in the underground clubs last year.
Hmmm.. I think I have to disagree. I think the Freestyle community supports (or are fans) of these non-Freestyle artists doing Freestyle tracks. It's just the mainstream in the US that doesn't always play it. In the UK and other countries these are popular Radio songs. Here, they are underground club songs. The UK is always open & one step ahead in music. They always have been.
(That's why many artists start over there. Even Lisa Lisa's records were played out there before NYC).
Another reason is that alot of these artists/songs many people in the US have never even heard of, so it's hard for people to give them a chance when they don't even know they exist.

george

Reaction score
Some video links weren't working, but I fixed 'em. ;)
Yeah I love "All Night". Awesome track!
Did u guys like anything else?

Infernal is excellent. Both of their albums are awesome, although not easy to find. But well worth the money if you do. Their club remix of "Ten Miles" is insane!! I love it. But I really love how they used the Depeche Mode sample from"Strangelove" - one of my fave songs from the 80's- on their single, "I Wont be crying".
They are a hot band, that definetly deserves to be discovered here in the USA.
Edit/Delete Message

marlon

Reaction score
Sup Jeff It's your ghetto Hialeah cubanito giving u a shout from da NYC! lol I love a lot of those tracks....Chromeo is one of my favorite groups, saw them not to long ago in concert. Kelis is my bitch. and that GhettoBlaster album from one of my favorite DJ'S Armand van helden was my best album of last year. love also presets. I don't know if you heard of Simian Mobile Disco but they had this hot slammin'! song last year called "Hustler", check it out....also love that shawn desman track!

CultureKlashJEFF

Reaction score
Sup Jeff It's your ghetto Hialeah cubanito giving u a shout from da NYC! lol I love a lot of those tracks....Chromeo is one of my favorite groups, saw them not to long ago in concert. Kelis is my bitch. and that GhettoBlaster album from one of my favorite DJ'S Armand van helden was my best album of last year. love also presets. I don't know if you heard of Simian Mobile Disco but they had this hot slammin'! song last year called "Hustler", check it out....also love that shawn desman track!

Hey there mi "Sangui Cubano", lol!
Yeah Simian Mobile Disco is kool, love dem too. Great voices as well.

Kid Heartbreak

Reaction score
Most already know Armand Van Helden is a huge DJ in the House scene,
and "All Night" was heavily played in the underground clubs last year.
Hmmm.. I think I have to disagree. I think the Freestyle community supports (or are fans) of these non-Freestyle artists doing Freestyle tracks. It's just the mainstream in the US that doesn't always play it. In the UK and other countries these are popular Radio songs. Here, they are underground club songs. The UK is always open & one step ahead in music. They always have been.
(That's why many artists start over there. Even Lisa Lisa's records were played out there before NYC).
Another reason is that alot of these artists/songs many people in the US have never even heard of, so it's hard for people to give them a chance when they don't even know they exist.

I was a fan of Armand Van Halden back in the mid 90s. He had some house tracks that were big on the underground scene here in Chicago.

As far as "freestyle fans", at least the ones on the internet, they don't ever even talk about freestyle or freestyle like songs made by non-freestyle artists. I wasn't referring so much to this song in particular, but more to the entire wave of rap/r&b songs using freestyle beats that have come out in the last 4 years. Many of those songs were all over the radio and the clubs, but you would never hear it being talked about on the freestyle websites. It's like freestyle already made its mainstream comeback and the "freestyle" community didn't even acknowledge it or take notice.

taezee

Reaction score
describe or elaborate "attention" or "freestyle artist" you feel do this because you seem to write the same post regardless of the topic at hand over and over and its allways so vaque...

"they said it might rain today" kid heartbreak "freestyle peeps or freestyle artist on the internet never acknowledge or give props to the rain"

whats the agenda????

also this just in..the same 12 people you see including myself on every freestyle site out there ..does not encompass or affect the trends, events past present and outcome of the music as much as alot of us would like to believe, freestyle artist or whoever are not secretly logging on here and going "oh shit thats right I have to do that on my next song these guys are genious!!!!" and everytime a song has a sample of a direct freestyle track or beat or something that sounds similar does not mean we all go running out in the street with six shooters firing at the sky yelling WOO HOOO!!! FREESTYLE IS BAAAAAACK!!

not trying to ridicule you or anything but just curious why so redundant

nice finds cultureclash as much as we all love freestyle its the title itself that keeps alot of fans closed minded...and waiting for THE RETURN ironically the very elements of many styles combinded and put in a blender then served is exactly what freestyle is.... depending on tatse it could be as limitless as all the different types of drinks or cocktails available... you get bored having the same coors light every evening..go out and find something new to drink in once in a while..it all has the same effect

"it is like a finger pointing to the full moon..dont concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory"
BRUCE LEE

Last edited:

Kid Heartbreak

Reaction score
describe or elaborate "attention" or "freestyle artist" you feel do this because you seem to write the same post regardless of the topic at hand over and over and its allways so vaque...
"they said it might rain today" kid heartbreak "freestyle peeps or freestyle artist on the internet never acknowledge or give props to the rain"
whats the agenda????
also this just in..the same 12 people you see including myself on every freestyle site out there ..does not encompass or affect the trends, events past present and outcome of the music as much as alot of us would like to believe, freestyle artist or whoever are not secretly logging on here and going "oh shit thats right I have to do that on my next song these guys are genious!!!!" and everytime a song has a sample of a direct freestyle track or beat or something that sounds similar does not mean we all go running out in the street with six shooters firing at the sky yelling WOO HOOO!!! FREESTYLE IS BAAAAAACK!!
not trying to ridicule you or anything but just curious why so redundant
nice finds cultureclash as much as we all love freestyle its the title itself that keeps alot of fans closed minded...and waiting for THE RETURN ironically the very elements of many styles combinded and put in a blender then served is exactly what freestyle is.... depending on tatse it could be as limitless as all the different types of drinks or cocktails available... you get bored having the same coors light every evening..go out and find something new to drink in once in a while..it all has the same effect
"it is like a finger pointing to the full moon..dont concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory"
BRUCE LEE

I'm glad that you further inquire. We're not quite as much in disagreement as you might think.

First off, your comment about the insignificance of the same 12 people posting on the different freestyle websites is something that I have pointed at many times. When I say that the opinions expressed on these sites for the most part are not necessarily reflective of the real world, I am in effect saying the same thing. However, perception often overtakes reality. The top internet freestyle websites do project the image of the "face of freestyle" regardless of whether they actually are or not. I'm sure you're mature enough to have realized a long time ago that what one circle or click of people think is not necessarily what peeps outside of that little world think. I'm sure that from time to time, freestyle artists do check out some of these websites and since it's the only "anonymous" feedback being presented to them, they do put some value in what they're reading, not realizing that those are just the views or opinions of that particular circle of people.

Second, when I say "freestyle artist", I mean an aritist part of the clique of old school artists that freestyle fans love to jock or an artist part of the new school clique of east coast artists (that have been around for almost 15 years already).

Much of this is coming from this feeling that I've had for a few years already, that "freestyle" isn't so much about a genre of music, but instead a social network of a demographic of peeps on the east coast that grew up at a certain time and evolved musically much the same as eachother. All everyone does is pat eachother on the back. I liked how Mr.X responded to another thread on here by saying "there's way too much postive feedback here". Madonna has a saying and it's something like: If there's 100 people in a room, and 99 of them like my song, I'm interested to speak with the 1 person who doesn't like my song.

My point being that the "dick riding" needs to stop. It's not getting the genre anywhere. It's only holding things back. There's a lot of songs that straight up suck, but everyone on these websites seems to think that they're so good. As if everything is so wonderful. LOL It gets to the point that the peeps that don't agree are scared to post in the face of all the "yes men" rhetoric.

kdm7000

Reaction score
I think "All night" was the best one I heard. I would've rather that been released more than "six eight" by Katrina. Although they both have the same beat, "All night" has a beter and more full sound and drum beat. Katrina herself should've gotten more attention than she did.

CultureKlashJEFF

Reaction score
YEP, this Freestyle song is simply great. Hope it will be released on CD or on MP3 with other remixes and versions. :D

It's been released on CD & mp3 for over a year now.
Check Amazon, iTunes, and anywhere else, they should have it.;)

Ok I see you alot of you liked "All Night" but let's not think Freestyle for a minute here.
(I know, I know! It's a Freestyle site, but I KNOW some of u out there like other genres too)
So aside from that track, what else did you guys like??