- Mar 27, 2001
- Reaction score
- Caught between heaven and hell
Ok I thought ppl said crash was a good movie ?
I agree with Undiscovered any movie with Ashlee Simpson is going to suck.
Worst Movies of 2005
Ever year has its share of duds, but 2005 had some classics that had audiences wishing they were sitting through "Catwoman" again. Buyers beware when you run into one of these titles in the DVD aisle ...
1. "In the Mix" -- A movie so bad on so many levels, scholars will study it for years. From the initial concept, to the script, to the casting, to the production design and finally to the direction, you can see the movie's budget going up in smoke on screen.
2. "Elektra" -- You know you're in for a long night when a cute teenage ninja-girl shows up for Jennifer Garner to protect. And to think director Rob Bowman once showed so much promise ...
3. "Undiscovered" -- A movie so wretched that it's only spared the first two slots on this list by its pretty cinematography. Bonus: If you're looking for a good drinking game, take a sip every time Ashlee Simpson stares directly into the camera. You can take the girl out of the music video, but you can't take the music video out of the girl!
4. "Waiting..." -- A great concept awfully executed. A first-year film student could have shot this movie better.
5. "Stealth" -- It's hard to take even a B-movie seriously when its villain is a talking robotic superfighter jet. An imaginative screenplay and three-dimensional characters wouldn't have hurt.
6. "Crash" -- Paul Haggis' take on Los Angeles race relations is so self-aware, so manipulative and so contrived that the only thing redeeming about it are the performances of Don Cheadle, Ryan Phillippe and Thandie Newton.
7. "The Man" -- Somewhere, a movie executive still thinks pairing Samuel L. Jackson and Eugene Levy together is comic genius! Boy, is he wrong.
8. "The Honeymooners" -- See the previous comments on "The Man" and replace Jackson and Levy with Cedric the Entertainer and Mike Epps.
9. "The Bridge of San Luis Rey" -- This all-star production featuring Robert De Niro, Kathy Bates and Gabriel Byrne was filled with one snore-inducing scene after another. Some investor lost a lot of dough on this pile of crap.
10. "Herbie: Fully Loaded" -- This revival of the Disney franchise had the charm of the original movies sucked out of it. And people wondered why star Lindsay Lohan was drinking every night during the production.