Wild Palm on DVD?

skoza

Reaction score
Whoever isn't in New York on that day is foreign, so I'll take a DVD. Just kidding Krystal, I am still trying.

Sal B

Manager / Booking Agent
Reaction score
I would be too hard.It`s not as easy as record it and press it to DVD.There is a lot of legal stuff that would hve to be done.I don`1t think a DVD will happen.Sorry

CoOl_AL_FrM_qNs

Reaction score
in paradise with my one and only dreamgirl
oh well the dvd idea was a good one but i guess it will never come true but we can still have a chance for a vhs tape is that possible sal? :biggrin or maybe if someone brought a cam and record it then make a bunch of copies of it and sell it that be good also :lol

Sal B

Manager / Booking Agent
Reaction score
You can`t just video tape the concert and sell it.There are many legal thing that go along with this.I wish it was that easy,but it`s not.Sorry to all those who cant` make it down for the show,but we will have plenty of pics on the site right after

Sal B

Manager / Booking Agent
Reaction score
I ask everyone please do not bring a video camera with you.It will not be allowed in the club.

francis

Reaction score
France is a desert for Freestyle music...
Sal B said:
I would be too hard.It`s not as easy as record it and press it to DVD.There is a lot of legal stuff that would hve to be done.I don`1t think a DVD will happen.Sorry

Well, it's too bad Sal.:(

I think that the pros should think more often about the DVD importance. It's an excellent support, and this show could be the first one on DVD. It will also permit to the New School Freestyle artists of this show to get a better notoriety, not only in the NY/NJ/CT/MASS area but also in the rest of the States and the World.

Nothing is impossible... ;)

I think it's easy to get the rights/authorization of the artists and of the owner of the club.

Anyway...as I said...it's too bad!!! :(

colvs

Reaction score
Sal, is there still any chance of viewing the Concert via Webcam on Club Freestyle??? I know I asked you this a couple weeks ago, and you said you'd look into it, but figured I'd ask again since it's only about a week away from the show.

If the web cam is a possibility, at least all those who can't make it to the show would still have a shot at listening and seeing the show, and showing their support for the NEW School Freestyle artists and Freestyle in general. Keep us posted buddy. ;)

cArLiToS WaY

Reaction score
Boston- The City That Comes To Life After 2 a.m.-
It's more than obvious that the demand for this concert to be videotaped is extremely high. Sal, and anyone else who is involved in this project, should take immediate consideration in this opportunity that would further popularize Freestyle and the need for video distribution. Recording and selling a live concert on CD is no different than recording and selling a concert on DVD. Once again, it's obvious that the "business" aspect is far more important that what music should be about. And Sal, in no way is this directed towards you, it's directed towards the people above you who are concerned with all the contracts, etc. If you were to ask any artist about the DVD, I'm sure they would love the idea. I can't tell you HOW MANY TIMES I have left a performance or a concert (Freestyle, Latin, and Dance) and wished they came out with it on DVD.

Sal B

Manager / Booking Agent
Reaction score
Guys listen ,it`s so much more than a contract.It` licensing fees(which can costs tens of thousnads),clearance from labels,ASCAP/BMI,clearance from every artist,clearance from the club,and MUCH MUCH more.You can`t just record a concert and give it out or sell it.Don`t you think if it was that easy I would do it.I may have it recorded with permission from some artists and have clips played on the site.I will do my best to make everything and anything possible.

SiameseSher

Reaction score
I had enquired also about it being taped, but after some thought, and Sals reply posts, it is extremely difficult and expensive. He is only talking about just the music Business end of it, but after that, there is the authoring and duplication/ distribution/sales end of it, which is mighty expensive total price for everything.

Maybe a future show where the labels give approval and some money to help the cause.

francis

Reaction score
SiameseSher,

In the past, how many shows/concert or artist's live performances did you see on video or CD??? Not a lot, assuredly!

So, personally, I don't expect anything new in Freestyle in the future. It's over and over the same stories...:eek:

francis

Reaction score
Yeah, really Kenny. ;)

Could you give me a list and the year of the release dates of those VHS? But honestly, since around a decade (around mid-90s)I didn't see alot of shows or concerts from Freestyle artists/bands on VHS or onCD. Before this date, of course it was different!