What happen to that chicago group "Legacy"??

Bea

Reaction score
I liked that song "Girls they do it just for fun"??

FreestyleIsMyLife

Reaction score
I won't get into specifics, but they broke up. They won't be doing Freestyle anytime soon.

Bea

Reaction score
What happen??

I remember them when i was a younger and listening to all that freestyle. I moved to Dallas and been trying to get there song?? What's the deal with them??

Latino wit talent

Reaction score
Bea said:
I liked that song "Girls they do it just for fun"??
I know what happened to them ... but I think talking about what happened to them would be forbidden lol.

Angelino

Reaction score
DAMN.....THAT GROUP WAS THE BOMB....I REMEMBER WHEN THEY CAME TO SAN ANTONIO AND PERFORMED AT THIS ONE CLUB CALLED CLUB SPICE

THAT WAS IS AWESOME.....

I'M STILL TRYING TO GET OF HOLD OF THE ORIGINAL OF GIRLS DO IT JUST FOR FUN ORIGINAL 89' VERSION.....

Bea

Reaction score
Where can I get that song "Girls they do it just for fun"?? by legacy??? I don't know of any freestyle stores around. Maybe online somewhere??

Bea

Harv Roman

Radio Personality : WCEV 1450 AM Chicago
Reaction score
This topic was covered in great detail in the past here on "CF"...I won't repost the information, but it is worth revisiting at: Where Can I find This Artist, Lyric or Song?
Legacy "Girls do it just for fun"
Just conduct a search for it here... Even though I knew the guys from their debut on International Latin House Records in 1989 and supported them through their various issues, there is a lesson to be learned from their story. Juanie is still in the city and performs solo every now and then, but Jessie and Javi aren't able to. You can read about their "mistakes" and then perhaps make up your own judgement of the guys. I would hope that others could learn from these "mistakes".

Harv Roman

Radio Personality : WCEV 1450 AM Chicago
Reaction score
I have the original...it has been long out of print, but if you can track down Antonio Suarez in Chicago, you may have some luck...my copy stays with me!

mez

Reaction score
Harv Roman said:
I have the original...it has been long out of print, but if you can track down Antonio Suarez in Chicago, you may have some luck...my copy stays with me!

I lost count of the number of copies I have of the original. :king

Great song!!! :cheers :tka

Bea

Reaction score
Can I download it anywhere???

mez said:
I lost count of the number of copies I have of the original. :king

Great song!!! :cheers :tka
Where I can find any of there music???

courts

Reaction score
Legacy

This is from the Chicago Suntimes.(from the "Question of the day" segment)

I use to listen to a group named Legacy when I was in high school.They were a freestyle group from right here in Chicago, that released some great music.I have tried searching for them online for any info with no luck,can you be of help?

Legacy were a trio of energetic dance-vocalists who were at the fore-front of the early 90's Chicago freestyle( a blend of dance music with an urban feel) explosion.Their 1993 hit "Girls Do It Just for Fun" earned them nation wide radio airplay.Soon after, a number of freestyle artists emerged from Chicago to critical acclaim.Those including L.A.W. Willie Crespo, Rocelle, just to name a few.
Freestyle music was getting pop-radio airplay, at a time when Hip-Hop was establishing itself as the force it is today.But soon after, the popularity of freestyle music left about as fast as it came.Legacy released another single "tonight the time is right" in 1994, which was played heavily on Chicago's premire pop-station B-96.By 1997, the freestyle music scope had pretty much waned across the country.Although non-existent on the radio-scope today, freestyle has found a resurgence on the internet.With an array of sites, and pages dedicated to preserving the music's legacy.As for Legacy, sadly 2 of the groups members found themselves in serious legal trouble as the 90's came to a close.The groups other member resides in the Chicagoland area.
Calls to the groups record label DJ Internatinol were forwarded to an answering service and were not returned.I want to thank Tim Schommer for contributing to this piece.

Sorry for the TYPOS, bit it would not let me cut and paste it.One of the guys is out of prison, he cut some sort of deal, fom what I hear.Jessie Settle is listed on the Illionis Department of Corrections website.I know he love's getting fan mail, if you would like to write him.I won't pass judegmnet on him, but I will just say he is a young man who made a very big mistake, that will cost him the productive years of his life.

Legacy's Music is still owned by DJ Internatinol, and there is some sort of riff between the guys who owned that company.So it is very difficult to find.I had a friend who was putting together a compilation, and they would not sign off on any of the music, even though he was going to compensate them.

courts

Reaction score
Lesson

I hate to get into specifics, but I think the lesson Harv is trying to get across, is there is no "fast buck".Apperantly the trouble for these young men was becuase of a drug deal gone bad, and somebody lost their life.