Thread of Appreciation

Dianita

Reaction score
With all that's been going down, I just wanted to take the opportunity to put in my 2 cents....

First of all to all you mods- I just wanted you to know that there are those of us that DO appreciate all you do. It seems you've been taking alot of flack lately, and I myself know when people only see the negative things and not the good things I do, I don't feel very appeciated. So I personally thank you guys for keeping things running smoothly.

I've said it before, CF is like a big family. There will always be drama, people we don't get along with, some we wanna just downright disown. People come and go. After all it is just an extension of life.
When I first joined, I noticed that it was such a tight-knit group. It took me a while to post, cause I was afraid I'd never fit in. But then I found out that this is a very supportive and accepting group, for the most part. Y'all have let me vent, given me advice, made me laugh, etc.... You can only be a part of something as much as you let yourself be. If you don't want to be a part of a group, don't blame them. Blame yourself. I may not always post, but I'm always here.
I believe things will most likely hectic for a while here. Everyone has I'm sure noticed the change since some of our beloved members have moved on. But we have this new owner now, and at this rate, he's gonna regret investing in us. And yes, I also believe in freedom of speech, until it infringes upon the rights of others. I've seen people get away with saying quite a bit before they were banned, and they weren't anyone's favorite people in particular.

So....it is the holiday season, time to spread peace and good will and love and all that fun stuff. So a big props and thank you to all the mods, AND hugz and thank you to all our members for just being here. To everyone who has been here, I feel you have helped make my life somewhat better.:hpound

ChuckD

The Gay Lord of Freestyle
Reaction score
Dianita said:
When I first joined, I noticed that it was such a tight-knit group. It took me a while to post, cause I was afraid I'd never fit in. But then I found out that this is a very supportive and accepting group, for the most part. Y'all have let me vent, given me advice, made me laugh, etc.... You can only be a part of something as much as you let yourself be. If you don't want to be a part of a group, don't blame them. Blame yourself. I may not always post, but I'm always here.
I believe things will most likely hectic for a while here. Everyone has I'm sure noticed the change since some of our beloved members have moved on. But we have this new owner now, and at this rate, he's gonna regret investing in us. And yes, I also believe in freedom of speech, until it infringes upon the rights of others. I've seen people get away with saying quite a bit before they were banned, and they weren't anyone's favorite people in particular.
[/color][/size][/font]

Thank you Dianita, for taking the time to remind people about the positive things that happen here on cf.

I have always felt you were a great memember here. You are smart, you are funny, you are kind.

Dianita is right about all she said, but specifically the point about the new owner regretting investing in us.

This site's main purpose was for the freestyle community. We all need to refocus our goals on doing what we can to bring that back together.

It would be a wonderful fantasy to think we could do this without drama. I don't live in a fantasy.

So what I am asking is for the active members here to turn a blind eye to the drama, and not to let it affect your feelings about this site, or the great people on it.

Thanks again, Dianita, for the kind words, and the positive attitude.

Freestygal

Reaction score
Very nice thread Dianita! I wish you and everyone else here a Very happy Holiday!

Please see my post on LaBellaChica's thread concerning my feelings on all of this!

Randi (FreestyleGal)

Krystal

Reaction score
Although I haven't been around much cuz of circumstances...Thank you Dianita. :)

And a huge huge thanks to ChuckD for holdin it down! :cheers

yburgos7

Reaction score
Well said Queen of the Jungle!!!

I have been away...so I am kinda lost as to what is going on here...but in any case I will give mad props to the mods!!! It's not easy dealing with all these people and their conflicting views...much love to all of you!

Dianita

Reaction score
Yes, while the main idea of this thread is to give our mods their due positive recognition, it's all the members who make it work. It's sad that things have happened, cause I kinda feel like this site was split in two. Things happened. People were offended, and we just can't deny it hasn't been the same. This site has meant so much to me. Obviously when Brent invested here, there must have been something here that appealed to him. I know right away the level of trust that exists here is really great. There are not really many sites I know of that I would post a picture of my child.

Our mods kind of remind me of police..There are plenty negative things to be said when they are just doing their job, but otherwise rarely get the appreciation they deserve. Some people just seem to demand respect, but forget that it is a two way street. You give what you get.

I still remember when I found this place, I was looking for Charlie Babie's 'You Take Me Higher', and ClubFreestyle just kept pooping up in my browser...coincidence? Mystery of the unknown? Who knows? Maybe I was just fated to be here. A place where I can talk about the music that I so much love. If someone would have told me two years ago that I'd have any form of communication with any freestyle artists, I would've think they were crackheads. This site has changed my life and helped me out in a few ways already, and I've only been posting for about a year...so who knows what's to come.

spanishfly053177

Reaction score
It's finally nice to see someone post something about of Moderator/Admin.

Much deserved, Chuck you are really doing a great job and that goes to all Moderators/Admins out there. You can never please everyone.

Also Chuck if you really want to get things turned around here, I got some ideas to get it back where it was once, I know I am pretty new to CF, but I do got alot of Exp. running Public Forums.

I don't know if you read what I posted under what Joey Kidd posted, but there are a few things in there you might want to check out. I will be more than glad to help out.

ChuckD

The Gay Lord of Freestyle
Reaction score
spanishfly053177 said:
I don't know if you read what I posted under what Joey Kidd posted, but there are a few things in there you might want to check out. I will be more than glad to help out.

I haven't read a lot of the posts today. I'm at work, and pop in and out when I can, to make sure all is ok.

I'll check it out in detail after work tonight, and pm ya!