The original Berrios Freestyle LP LineUp aka "Don't Look Back"

latin babe boi

Reaction score
The Berrios Freestyle LP LineUp

For those that are interested, this was the original lineup for the LP that was supposed to be a single cd release instead of the 2 disc cd.

I wonder why 2 of the songs were not released (TKA/Safire and Synthia) and why 1 of the singer's (Margarita) was replaced with (Joei).

I would have liked to hear the TKA/Safire song, I heard it was produced by Safire's husband Kenny Diaz. Maybe it will be on her up and coming new album.

1. ..The Jump Off.. .. featuring K7

2. Dont Ever Say.. .. featuring Lisette Melendez

3. What Is Love.. .. featuring George Lamond

4. Never Gonna Say Good-Bye.. .. featuring TKA and Safire

5. Light Of My Life .. featuring Ron Esco

6. Physical Attraction .. featuring Nyasia

7. Ive Been Waiting.. .. featuring Willie Valentin

8. Made Up My Mind.. .. featuring Synthia Figueroa

9. Let It Go .. featuring Miles Petty

10. Rescue Me .. featuring Julie Carrozzi

11."Veronica" .. featuring Tomax

11. I Need A Lover .. featuring Lisette Melendez

12. Do You Want It Right Now .. featuring Joei Mae

13. Obviously .. featuring Jessica Fabus

14. For Your Eyes Only .. featuring Margarita Stofan not feat. Joei Mae

15. You Left Me .. featuring Miles Petty

Last edited:

Phantazma

Reaction score
Interesting...it looks like the "made up my mind" was a remake of the Safire hit. Synthia Figueroa has a phenomenal voice...that would have been good.

Oh yea, anything by TKA would have been good too.That goes without saying.

latin babe boi

Reaction score
Interesting...it looks like the "made up my mind" was a remake of the Safire hit. Synthia Figueroa has a phenomenal voice...that would have been good.

I agree that Synthia has a beautiful voice and I also thought that her song was a Safire remake, who knows maybe Willie and Synthia will release it on a future cd.

As far as the TKA/Safire maybe if enough people voice their concern maybe they will release it also. Hey anything is possible.

Phantazma

Reaction score
I agree that Synthia has a beautiful voice and I also thought that her song was a Safire remake, who knows maybe Willie and Synthia will release it on a future cd.
As far as the TKA/Safire maybe if enough people voice their concern maybe they will release it also. Hey anything is possible.

I feel you on that but check this. Why hold on to it like its the last bottle water in the dessert?

See,I come from a different line of thinking..you don't hold on to music but you released it so people can enjoy it and people can get crazy about it,thats whats up...real talk here.

francis

Reaction score
France is a desert for Freestyle music...
Carlos Berrios has certainly his reasons to make those changes! And you have to live with that.
Personnally, I don't care.

I've listened to the song "Never Gonna Say Good-Bye" (duet between TKA and Safire) and the song was simply great.
Me too, I will live with that! LOL.

Kid Heartbreak

Reaction score
Usually throughout the course of putting a project together, things happen unexpected and one has to adjust accordingly. I could be wrong, but I had heard something about the TKA/Safire song being picked up by a major label and that being the reason why it wasn't on the album.

WhoKnew?

Reaction score

really, a remake? can anyone confirm this?

Phantazma

Reaction score
that's what you say...20 yrs will go by and it will never be released.

Last edited:

WhoKnew?

Reaction score
thats's what you say...20 yrs will go by and it will never be released.

Im afraid i kinda agree with this - its unfortunate, we heard that so much music is being made and it never surfaces for one reason or another. it makes you wonder, why bother putting the energy into recording a song, if its never gonna be release - I HOPE I AM WRONG

Phantazma

Reaction score
Before anyone takes this the wrong way just understand my point of view. With freestyle music we alway here "I got this new album coming out" or "this new song" or " a major picked up the song" and not months but YEARS go by and nothing materilizes. Sorry, the truth is the truth. To be a freestyle fan you can't help to be CYNICAL at times lol.

Kid Heartbreak

Reaction score
That's what I like about hip hop. They make songs and just let them out there one way or another. Not to get to far off the subject, but what's with all this savings songs stuff in freestyle? Certain things within this genre are just so ridiculous. No one's waiting for anybody. The world keeps spinning. People just listen to the best of whatever is made available to them. It winds up being the artist's loss in the end, to put in all that effort into making a song and then to not even ever share it with the world if for no other reason then for self promotion (that leads to more shows and thus more cash). Maybe I'm in too much of a hip hop state of mind, but that's not necessarily a bad lense to view music from. It was so successful for so long for a reason. How can freestyle, being a subgenre of it really, not learn a few things from it on how to handle business? For example, you would never see an unknown (or even known in most cases) rapper complain cuz a dj played their song on a mixtape LOL. I've seen that before in freestyle, believe it or not and not from an old school artist either LOL.

francis

Reaction score
France is a desert for Freestyle music...
Before anyone takes this the wrong way just understand my point of view. With freestyle music we alway here "I got this new album coming out" or "this new song" or " a major picked up the song" and not months but YEARS go by and nothing materilizes. Sorry, the truth is the truth. To be a freestyle fan you can't help to be CYNICAL at times lol.

Don't believe everything you read on the Net especially on the forums, even from the artists or producers themselves! LOL.
Personnally, I believe on products which were materialized (on CD or on MP3)! The rest doesn't exist!!!

Last edited:

latin babe boi

Reaction score
Don't believe everything you read on the Net especially on the forums, even from the artists or producers themselves! LOL.
Personnally, I believe on products which were materialized (on CD or on MP3)! The rest doesn't exist!!!

Well said Francis, I could not have said it better myself. Now if only they would put out the damm music LOL I would be happy.

freestylegreek

Reaction score
I was hoping Carlos can let us know what about those other songs and if would produce the tracks and put them on his site where he sells them.

robert1995

Reaction score
Carlos - please can you shed some light on this. I would love to have a copy of the TKA track....
If anyone has a copy, please post a link!!!

berriosbeats

Reaction score
"For Your Eyes Only", Margarita was replaced with Joei Mae after she canceled three meetings in a row. I don't stand for that nonsense. I work too hard to have anyone waste my time.

"Made up my Mind" is the same song as "I'm Torn" except the chorus wasn't strong enough. So "I'm Torn" replaced "Made Up My Mind" as the chorus thus changing the title of the song.

And the TKA/Safire song was a collaboration between several people, some of who couldn't agree on where the record should be released. Originally written by Kenny Diaz, I recently asked if I could release it on the new website and he basically said not yet. He has plans to release it on Def Jam or Sony but that's been going on for a long while and I do hope it sees the light of day, but ultimately, it's not my decision alone.

Last edited:

Kid Heartbreak

Reaction score
Usually throughout the course of putting a project together, things happen unexpected and one has to adjust accordingly. I could be wrong, but I had heard something about the TKA/Safire song being picked up by a major label and that being the reason why it wasn't on the album.

See, I was right about what I said.

robert1995

Reaction score
Carlos - thanks for updating us on these matters. It's always interesting to hear exactly what goes on. Good luck with all future projects!