"The Night After Christmans" Copyright, Published 2004

mannyriv

Recording / Performing Artist
Reaction score
Copyright, Published 2004, M. Rivera Music and Books Publishing 2004

Twas the Night "AFTER" Christmas, and all through his house,
The one called Jose, did nothing but pout,
He lost all of his Christmas cheer, cause Santa didn't bring what he wanted this year,
He didn't understand, why he got dissed, He was sure he wasn't, on Santa's naughty list.
While searching for present, under his tree, the gift that he wanted, he didn't see,
No Plasma T.V. with remote control, He didn't even get, a little piece of coal,
"Why did this happen", he thought in his head, He felt sleepy again, laid back on his bed,
Curled underneath, his warm winter sheets, Ten seconds later, he went back to sleep,
Low and behold, right in front of his eyes, Was someone he hasn't seen in some time.
"HELLO!!!" Maria, yells out to Jose, "I'm here to tell you why Santa, turned you away,"
Jose tried to run, but the farther he'd go, Maria would appear, and yell out "HELLO!!!"
Finally Jose, ran out of breath, he had to give up, he was tired to death,
"What do you want, why are you here?," Maria says "To give back your Christmas cheer,"
See a while back, for silly reasons, Just before the holiday season,
They argued, both Maria and Jose, Didn't speak to each other, until today.
So to teach them a lesson, Santa couldn't resist, He placed them both on the naughty list,
They both didn't get what they wanted this year, and that took away, there holiday cheer,
"There's only one way, we can get it all back," Maria whispers to Jose "Forgiveness we lack,"
"AHA!!!!!!" yells Jose, "Now I know why, Santa and his sleigh, passed me by,"
They sat down and talked, huged and made things all right, Jose became blinded, by a very bright light,
It was the sun, shining in his eyes, He woke up and to his surprise,
It was a dream, It was really December twentyfifth, "Christmas morning.... did I really get dissed by Saint Nick?,"
Jose runs down the stairs, looks under his tree, There was the gift he wanted, a new Plasma T.V.,
And a letter from Maria, saying glad we're still friends, See this is where the story ends.........,
But the lesson behind it, begins right here, If you want to feel that Holiday cheer,
Understand the true meaning, of what Christmas should be, It's more than a gift, under a tree,
It's giving the things, that don't cost a dime, It's being a friend, and taking the time,
To let Jesus, be born within us, Leave no room for greed, It's giving to those who are really in need,
Whether it be to say sorry, to smile or to hug, A stranger or the ones that you love,
To light a candle, to say a little prayer, For those who are near, and for those who aren't there,
Like the star, that shown over the manger, Let God be our light,
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL..... AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT......

mannyriv

Recording / Performing Artist
Reaction score
Thank you LaMasGrande, Krystal and Myonlysweetie. You are right Veronica, I do have too much time on my hands. *Looking for Kennedy Peterson. LOL

myonlysweetie

Reaction score
mannyriv said:
You are right Veronica, I do have too much time on my hands. *Looking for Kennedy Peterson. LOL

:hohsit ... Kennedy.. i thought she was had blown outta town! :lol