The Grammys....

DOS Records

Reaction score
I did watch.... I wasn't too impressed, I think kanye is a jackass and his presence demeans the grammy's (my opinion). I felt the music industry said in their own voice that they do not want hip hop/ urban to get any stonger by it's numerous awards to U2 , SURPRISING awards to kelly (in my book) and shunning out mariah & Gwen in major categories. This is an industry vote, not a fan vote. I am a fan of hip hop and kinda cringend when I saw jay-z / paul McCartney n linkin park doin a rendition of "yesterday".. Paul & the singer from Link were singin and jay-z sat there making vocal grunts... "uh....thats right...uh..uh-uh-uh.." It didnt do Jay any justice. The Highlight...madonna & gorillaz opening act with the anime'band..amazing-energetic, better than mariah...her act was boring and she sounded like she was struggling alot. would have liked to see a lil more energetic performances, but tha's not what the industry was showcasing.

Last edited:

AlyM

Reaction score
DOSMusicInc said:
I did watch.... I wasn't too impressed, I think kanye is a jackass and his presence demeans the grammy's (my opinion). I felt the music industry said in their own voice that they do not want hip hop/ urban to get any stonger by it's numerous awards to U2 , SURPRISING awards to kelly (in my book) and shunning out mariah & Gwen in major categories. This is an industry vote, not a fan vote..

I think U2 winning was more of a humbling lesson to Kanye who insisted that he would win, etc. in the buildup before the show. When U2 thanked all those in their catagory - that was a class act.

IMO - It's not that the industry doesn't want hip hop or urban music to get stronger, as John Legend did win a number of awards and Mariah did too. Urban music drives this industry and the labels know that. Urban is as important as pop, as country, as latin, etc. It was tough competition this year and yes, while it is an industry vote, fans do also have a part in the number of records that are bought, tickets sold, etc. It is a "bean counting" type business and those that vote notice everything.

I was HIGHLY disappointed in the Dance Music nominees/winners but I'm hopeful that maybe next year we might see some great nominees.

DOS Records

Reaction score
Notice everything-yes, but it is a DRASTIC change from a public voting and result system.. I still stand by my opinion on what I said (for it is my opinion). as for John legend..he did not go against U2 or greenday, his field was a little less competitive..lol...... The music industry looks down on dance music, labels don't put huge budgets into it in the U.S... over seas is a different story. If it weren't for madonna and her breakout sound.... It would be a wrap @ the grammys for Dance music. I think I saw that Chemicalm bros. won an award, but i cant find it anywhere on line. Thank goodness for the WMC!!!!

Sweetie-COFEnt

Reaction score
I watched it ... props to Christina Aguilera .. that girls voice is WOW!!! Much props to JayZ, Linkin Park (Encore) and when Paul McCartney came on stage to sing was even betta! Wow.. Madonna's opening with the Gorilla's was AWESOME.. she looks amazing!

Mariah >> didn't impress me much! She always seems like she's lip-syncing to me.... U2 w/Mary J. Blige did a great performance of "One". Kanye West and Jamie Foxx was typical... Kelly Clarkson's performance was much better than what she did at MTV's show!!!