Sunday Gossip...

AlyM

Reaction score
Courtesy of the NYPost..

PHOTO SHOCK FOR SIMPSON SIBS
KINKY photographer David LaChapelle is still so furious at Jessica and Ashlee Simpson for pulling out of a Rolling Stone photo shoot last year that he's sent them a bill for $10,000 over the cancellation.

The brouhaha started last September when LaChapelle was hired by Rolling Stone to shoot Jessica and Ashlee in an "edgy" spread. But the sisters quickly became unnerved by a barrage of the lensman's odd demands.

"Locations were changed. Jessica was told she couldn't use her hair guy [and best friend] Ken Paves even though David used him for other shoots," an insider says.

"Then, he changed hair people three times the day before the shoot. He started making demands that made her uncomfortable ... telling her the shot was going to be down and dirty and in a bar with snakes ... like she was Paris Hilton. She has to protect her image - and he was going to kill it."

The Simpsons bowed out and went to Blender magazine instead, prompting LaChapelle to spew at the time: "They're everything that's wrong with music ... Out of everything combined, they're everything wrong with culture, and everything wrong with art, and what we think of as art and musical culture - in one family!

"They're nothing. They have nothing. They hold no interest whatsoever for anybody. They're reality-red-carpet, lip-synching television stars.

"I don't know what they are beyond that. I don't think they offer anything ... I was only doing it because of my relationship with Rolling Stone," LaChapelle ranted. "We were going to try and make the Simpsons look cool. I realize now that is an impossible task."

The Simpsons were taken aback by the verbal assault. A friend of the family says, "They had no idea they were going to be attacked like that. And now to get a $10,000 bill? No way are they ever going to pay that. He will not see a dime from them. They didn't sign any contracts.
"When [father] Joe saw the bill, he just laughed - the nerve of this guy! The shoot didn't go off because of him."

Asked for comment, LaChapelle's rep giggled, "I'll get back to you." He didn't.

DIFFERENT SPOKES
SHERYL Crow didn't lose her sense of humor when she lost bicycle-racing champion Lance Armstrong. When Ellen DeGeneres got the singer to discuss the breakup, the TV host promised, "I know when you're ready to date, we're going to find you somebody." Sheryl replied, "I'm telling you, all my friends say I have to get back right on the bike - and I keep saying, maybe not a bike."

MUSICAL BRIBE
STEREO nightclub owners Barry Mullineaux and Mike Satsky were closing up their Chelsea hotspot at 5:30 a.m. the other morning when they encountered elusive Guns 'N' Roses frontman Axl Rose at the front door. The braided rocker was with bandmates and a bevy of beauties wanting to keep his 44th birthday bash going. Rose was so eager to get inside the club that he offered the owners a little bribe - an exclusive listening party for his yet-to-be released album, "Chinese Democracy." Axl dispatched his driver to retrieve the unreleased CD and the owners proceeded to play host, bartender and DJ to the posse till 8 a.m.

KATIE-WATCH
BUZZ that "Today" anchor Katie Couric will defect to CBS in May is getting louder. An insider tattles, "['Today' co-anchor] Matt Lauer has been told he can't do some projects he was going to do for the Discovery Channel because starting in May, all hands will be needed on deck when Katie leaves. He was pretty disappointed." Discovery Channel is owned by NBC. Plus, when Couric was scratched from the opening of the winter Olympics in Turin and replaced with Brian Williams, it was taken as a clue that NBC doesn't want to promote a possibly defecting star.

SIGHTINGS
CALVIN Klein, in a sleeveless T-shirt, flexing in front of a full-length mirror at the Printing House Fitness Club in the Village ... NICOLE Richie showing a healthy appetite as she and her pals devoured BLTs at Jerry's and left a healthy tip ... ETHAN Hawke on a date with an attractive blonde (not Uma) at Art Bar in the West Village ... CHARLOTTE Halford, the West Coast Wilhelmina chief, celebrating her birthday with friends at La Esquina ... HILARY Duff shopping with her mother for a crochet shrug and taffeta bolero at the Yigal Azrouel boutique in the Meatpacking District.

PARIS-BLOCKER
PARIS Hilton had her style cramped on Grammy night by her nemesis Brian Quintana. Last week, the L.A. party planner won a restraining order against Hilton, claiming she was threatening him. According to Quintana, his restraining order shut Hilton out of several bashes "because [my] presence at the events prohibited her from coming within 100 yards of me per the court order. Paris' posse was calling around to see which parties were jumping, but everywhere they called, I was there ahead of her." A rep for Hilton said, "Wherever she did or didn't go, it didn't have anything to do with that order."

DANZA DOOMED, INSIDERS SAY
HEY, Tony Danza - here's a secret your Buena Vista bosses are too chicken to tell you: You've been canceled. Danza's time slot has already been given to Rachael Ray's upcoming show, we're told. According to the buzz at rival talk show "Live! With Regis & Kelly," Buena Vista execs Gwynne Thomas and Roni Selig have decided to cancel Danza. "[Thomas and Selig] came to New York recently and were supposed to tell Tony, but chickened out," said one insider. "They are afraid Tony will be so upset that he won't be able to go on with the live shows every morning." The Buena Vista suits will wait until a two-week hiatus in March. "Tony will get on a plane and fly home to L.A., and the execs will shut down the show," we're told.

AlyM

Reaction score
Dunno - the main thing hittin' the tabs is Nick requested "spousal support" GO NICK! After the crap that she pulled, and the interesting legal papers... I'm rootin' for Team Lachey!

MS KENNY GUIDO

Reaction score
AlyM said:
Dunno - the main thing hittin' the tabs is Nick requested "spousal support" GO NICK! After the crap that she pulled, and the interesting legal papers... I'm rootin' for Team Lachey!
OH NO HE DIDN"T! LMAO :p

MS KENNY GUIDO

Reaction score
how much do you think Eddie Murphy's ex wife gets for spousal and child support? damn, with five kids, he won't have a girlfriend anytime soon. lol

Dianita

Reaction score
I read in Mira that J Lo is pregnant....anyone else hear anything?

MS KENNY GUIDO

Reaction score
Dianita said:
I read in Mira that J Lo is pregnant....anyone else hear anything?
Aly?
they've been saying that for a year now, let's se if it's true. lol

:p