So the easy part is over....

La Mas Grande

Reaction score
My baby (who told me yesterday morning that he is no longer a baby but a little boy) started school for the first time. Not one tear shed by him, a few from me. Its so hard watching him grow, for some reason harder than it was for my other babies. I saw so much promise in his eyes this morning as he picked up his batman book bag, gives me a kiss and told me "its gonna be okay mami, I made some new friends yesterday". My heart broke yet it fill with admiration, love and a bitter sweet reality that my 4 year old is right, although he might be my baby forever, he is now a little boy taking the same steps we all did, to a bigger and brighter future. His innocence astounds me, his sweetness evelopes me and his smile just takes my breath away. I see in him what I saw in all of my children, the very best of me. I love you lil man, go out there and knocked them out they seats. Now the real work has begun..........

:sadsmile

nessa's302

Reaction score
and you will achieve gr8ness thru him as u have thru the other 2 angels u hold dear to your heart. congrats and God bless mi amor q te lo mereces! I luv u guys!!!!

LaIndia320

Reaction score
Wow Diane, I know the feeling girl.
My Delilah this morning told me mami its ok to leave, I will see you later. lol girl I was like omg, she is getting big. I had to go back and see her once more before i left. lmao

Diane Give your little man a kiss from me please. He isnt a baby anymore like he said. but they will always be our babies.

La Mas Grande

Reaction score
thank you nessa,henny and La india.
man am I really feeling this one. Its like he is leaving home or something. lol I took picture which I will put up soon. He looked so adorabable.

Nyasia

Reaction score
yes God Bless him and yeah it's hard to let go, my eyes got all watery too, when I left Angel in the school yard for his first day of school and he is in the second grade! but I always feel like i have to be there to physically protect him.. he looke dso adorable in his uniform, and paying attention, he knew what he had to do, he wasn't running around with the other kids or fidgeting, he was patient. I love my coco, so I know how you feel mama. we all just want the most, and the best for them all.

Heartbrake

Reaction score
Ahhhh.. yes.. those were the simpler days... just letting them go... for me, I now have bigger things to come to terms with... like FRESHMAN FRIDAY! UGH... I took off work yesterday to take my Chucho to his first day of Jr. High.. can I tell you the mouths on these 6 graders made my face stay permanently :hohsit THEN all the kids were a nervous wreck because on Freshman Friday the Sophmores and Sr's BEAT UP the Freshmans.. now my son is no scaredy cat.. but we are talking gangs of kids beating up the younger ones... WHATTT??? I gave my son my phone number and told him if ANYONE messes with him to go buck wild on them and then run to a phone and call me... cause I will not even ASK if I can leave.. I'll be out.. and God help anyone of them that puts a hand on my baby...
I could have taken off, but I'm also trying to teach him to handle his business.. cause in my household, there are NO BITCHES when it comes to standing up for yourself.. Mami don't play that...
It gets harder ladies... much harder....

lachicabella

Reaction score
Heartbrake said:
Ahhhh.. yes.. those were the simpler days... just letting them go... for me, I now have bigger things to come to terms with... like FRESHMAN FRIDAY! UGH... I took off work yesterday to take my Chucho to his first day of Jr. High.. can I tell you the mouths on these 6 graders made my face stay permanently :hohsit THEN all the kids were a nervous wreck because on Freshman Friday the Sophmores and Sr's BEAT UP the Freshmans.. now my son is no scaredy cat.. but we are talking gangs of kids beating up the younger ones... WHATTT??? I gave my son my phone number and told him if ANYONE messes with him to go buck wild on them and then run to a phone and call me... cause I will not even ASK if I can leave.. I'll be out.. and God help anyone of them that puts a hand on my baby...
I could have taken off, but I'm also trying to teach him to handle his business.. cause in my household, there are NO BITCHES when it comes to standing up for yourself.. Mami don't play that...
It gets harder ladies... much harder....
Thank God they have Security in the Jr. High and High Schools. I grew up in the Bronx and still live here. I went to Stevenson High...security will kick a gang member's ass to a pulp if they dare mess with either security or any of the students at the school. I wish ya'll were there to see this gangmember (he was a Blood) get thrown up against a wall by this security guard, I mean LITERALLY thown up against the wall. He tried to underestimate security when he ended up getting his ass kicked.

Enigma

Reaction score
Awww what a beautiful love you have for your kids Diane! Very heartwarming to read that!

:cheers