Smoothie's Classic Freestyle Adventure......

smoothrhythm

Reaction score
After tons and tons of phone calls, e-mails and shoutouts....I have decided to extend the Classic Freestyle Interlude Mix that many of you already have. Too many people are screaming at me telling me that the mix was too short even though I explained to everyone that this mix was done for POWER 96 Airplay in Miami back in the day.... Everyone wants more, so you know what.....Smoothies gonna give all you freestyle heads what you want. I'm going to keep the same format but add more accapellas and clips of classic freestyle tracks that you haven't heard in a long time and I even have some showtape & reel to reel edits that nobody has. Hint Hint....Little Louie Vega in the D.J. booth at Heartthrobs.....I may even throw some new school accapellas in too....Stay Tuned..... :hohsit

CEESIL

ClubFreestyle Power DJ
Reaction score
speaking of lil louie i have a tape of him live at heart throb dec 31 1986 it was a special 1 hour live mix from the club..also i have all those reels that him and roman ricardo had but they got damage, anthony a will tell ya, i was able to record only one or two songs, i am pissed about that..

smoothrhythm

Reaction score
CEESIL said:
speaking of lil louie i have a tape of him live at heart throb dec 31 1986 it was a special 1 hour live mix from the club..also i have all those reels that him and roman ricardo had but they got damage, anthony a will tell ya, i was able to record only one or two songs, i am pissed about that..

Those were the days Ceesil.....All I hear now is pre-recorded music when I happen to go to these freestyle shows..... :baby

CEESIL

ClubFreestyle Power DJ
Reaction score
i remember marc anthony carrying creates of records for lil louie lol..

CEESIL

ClubFreestyle Power DJ
Reaction score
indeed they were, roman ricardo at 1018, baby j at roseland, glenn friscia at emerald city, scott blackwell at 4d's, lil louie everywhere lol, can't forget juan kato at lamour east...oh those indeed were the days, i have a hot 103 tape from lamour east with scott blackwell and ffwd perfroming live on the air..

smoothrhythm

Reaction score
CEESIL said:
indeed they were, roman ricardo at 1018, baby j at roseland, glenn friscia at emerald city, scott blackwell at 4d's, lil louie everywhere lol, can't forget juan kato at lamour east...oh those indeed were the days, i have a hot 103 tape from lamour east with scott blackwell and ffwd perfroming live on the air..

Let's not forget PALED'S with Big Al & J.R. , Silverscreens , Avanti's , etc.....

Enigma

Reaction score
This is great news Smoothie I really enjoyed the 11 minute mix CD you sent me! But now a full mix? Oh it's so on! Please make it an hour long and call it Smoothie's Freestyle Get Your Freak On! :stoned

:cheers

smoothrhythm

Reaction score
Enigma said:
This is great news Smoothie I really enjoyed the 11 minute mix CD you sent me! But now a full mix? Oh it's so on! Please make it an hour long and call it Smoothie's Freestyle Get Your Freak On! :stoned

:cheers

Yeah...I'mma hook it up as soon as I get back from Miami. Everything is already laid out and ready to go....Holla..... :shakinboo