Salary Cap, Yankees "buying" players, etc.

Naturalstyle

Reaction score
OMG...

Don't even get me started on this "mierda". People just loooove to hate on the Yankees 'cuz they have money. I also keep hearing how the Yankees "buy" the World Series, etc.

First of all, the Yankees' high salary failed to earn them a spot in the Fall Classic so that simple fact alone makes that argument INVALID.

Last year, the Yanks lost the series to a small market team, so the big $$$ = success equation did not pan out there either, so argument INVALID.

No one was complaining from 1981 to 1995 when the Yankees (despite big $$$) failed to win a World Championship, all of a sudden they start winning and the Yankees are the devils? STOP HATING.

Second... Anyone ever suggesting that there should be a salary cap in baseball should be shot. We are NOT in a communist country. In a capitalist society everyone tries to better themselves, and why should the Yanks be any different? Besides, NOT ALL CITIES are equal, let's face it. Some cities will be able to afford better teams. The Yankees (despite high ticket prices) draw millions of fans every year, so they have EARNED the right to have the best players.

I am also a PHILLIES fan, and I know FIRSTHAND that PHILADELPHIA's management is NOT committed to winning, Rolen, Schilling, Francona ALL left Philly disgruntled and now they're enjoying success elsewhere (Boston, St. Louis). The Phillies could've gotten Beltran this year, but they chose to stick it out -w- Marlon Byrd (?????) Are they NUTS? Then we got Philly people saying on this board that the Yanks buy championships? Get outta my face!

To all you miserable fans whose teams have not committed to winning, STOP HATING and maybe you should START going to games, supporting your teams, etc. and getting on their management to field a viable team.

Unlike in most other sports, Baseball has many different variables that affect the win-loss outcome. Minor leagues, scouting, player development, etc. The only people crying are the people whose teams keep losing to the Yanks.

If people are gonna hate the Yankees, that's OK but please, stop crying about the Yankees "buying" talent. Are you effing kidding me? Many of today's Yankees stars were homegrown talent (Jeter, Williams, Rivera, and Posada). How many of Boston's stars are "home grown?"

The argument that the Yankees "buy" success is old and played, it's an exaggeration, and it makes people sound bitter and jealous.

JOEDOCPA

Reaction score
i dont think any player is worth all that money do they save lives ? no doctors are the ones who need that kind of money not the over paid ball players and then they end up blowin the money on 19 cars 6 houses bling bling

Naturalstyle

Reaction score
I'm a teacher and I def agree, but no one is paying $50 a head to watch me teach my kids.

What you say is more a social commentary and although it sucks, that's who we are. We pay people big $$$ to entertain us.

That being said, baseball players and athletes work REALLY hard to get where they are so I still have much love and respect for them (yes, even for Johnny Damon).

As for what they buy, many players are extremely charitable and benevolent. Also, what would YOU do if you had all that $$$? I'd def get meself a car or two.

crazygirl

Reaction score
not for nothing but if i had that money i'll have a phat house a phat ass car for work and a even better one for play.. and i'll be buying hot ass stuff..
and hooking up my family
so they are doing what just about any other person whould do..
they also9 help out kids in need and shyt like that
Sosa make good money and helps out kids in DR
i believe Rivera also dose something for the kids in his country
and A-Rod helps out the boys and girls clug in Fla
so they do there part but like any one else they hook them selves up as well

Lamondfan

Reaction score
NatStyle...you said it perfectly, in fact I mentioned that fact about the Yankees being horrible in the 80's despite all the money, myself in another post. People just hate the Yankees cause they have been on top repeatedly in recent history. And whenever you are on top, you are going to be hated.