R.I.P Mr Perfect

Rookie

Reaction score
wrestlingdotcom reports that:

"Curt Hennig was found dead today in a Tampa, FL hotel room. Hennig was in Tampa to work a show for Jimmy Hart tonight. This afternoon, he was found dead in his hotel room. We don't know any more details at this time. "

Hennig He was last seen this morning around 9:30 AM by Mickey Jay in his room alive and in good spirits

A few hours later, Hennig was supposed to show up at the gym to work out. When he didn't arrive, a workout partner went back to the room and he was found dead at the age of 44.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Hennig family.

Kenny Guido

Staff member
Reaction score
I just read it too.:(

Curt Hennig travelled to Florida on Sunday with referee Mickey Jay. He did publicity interviews for a Tampa State Fair Grounds event on Sunday. This morning around 9:30 a.m. Jay checked in with him and they arranged a 1 p.m. lunch. When Hennig didn't make the scheduled lunch, they checked on him in his hotel room and found him dead.

Police and local media are the hotel and a number of people are being interviewed, although apparently no foul play is suspected at this time.

Hennig was scheduled to wrestle Ian Harrison & Jimmy Hart tonight in a two-on-one match.

Hennig, known as "Mr. Perfect," was a top-level wrestlers much of the past 20 years in pro wrestling, including main eventing in the AWA in the late '80s. He was never the centerpiece of either the WWF or WCW, but often worked main events.

His father, Larry "The Axe" Hennig, is still alive and lives in Minnesota. Curt grew up in Robinsdale, Minn.

Enigma

Reaction score
OMG! :( I saw that he was wrestling few months ago for WWE...and I was so happy to see him! I remember his music score for him when he entered the ring...and his face always cracked me up. God this is sad...im so sure he was such a great man.

RIP Mr. Perfect.

-Antonio Martinez

EL_BORICUA_72

Reaction score
I still remember when Mr Perfect started in the early 80's RIP Curt

Pete J

Reaction score
R.I.P. Curt, you will be missed.

Kenny Guido

Staff member
Reaction score
Enigma said:
OMG! :( I saw that he was wrestling few months ago for WWE...and I was so happy to see him! I remember his music score for him when he entered the ring...and his face always cracked me up. God this is sad...im so sure he was such a great man.

RIP Mr. Perfect.

yea, then shortly after that he appeared as a regular for TNA-NWA.