Please ID a slow song out 0f 1992

ada1984

Reaction score
This song use to play on a radio station called Power 96 in south florida alot, and a female sings this song, and the song is a slow love song. I can remember some lyrics, and this was said alot in this song,

I just want to thank you for the love you gave to me

I'm sure it's some teen group like, PC Quest, that had only one or two hot songs out, and dissapeared forever and mostly forgotton, PC Quest had a song out called, Can't You See, The song I'm looking for was popular around the time that song was on the radio, and was slow like that song. I know it's not freestyle but it was around when freestyle was strong, should I say back in the good days.....Any clues?? Please let me know. Adam

Orgntr1

Reaction score
Paterson, NJ A reject city with good New York su
To answer your question: I think it was The Cover Girls with the song titled "thank you".

If so then they were also the girls behind the infamous songs "show me" and "because of you" which are considered to be one of the best classic freestyle songs in history.

Today, they exist but they're whole team has been replaced with 3LW type girls. (not the same anymore)

Baby1010

Reaction score
Cover girls are the Destinys child of freestyle...:lol

Kenny Guido

Staff member
Reaction score
Orgntr1 said:
To answer your question: I think it was The Cover Girls with the song titled "thank you".

If so then they were also the girls behind the infamous songs "show me" and "because of you" which are considered to be one of the best classic freestyle songs in history.

Today, they exist but they're whole team has been replaced with 3LW type girls. (not the same anymore)
WRONG.

The lead singer "now" was the one that was bought in as the new replacment in 1992.

Evelyn was responsible for hits such as "wishing on a star", "i still miss you" and "funk boutique".

YOUNG MEGATRON

Reaction score
Angel from the cover girls perfoms on valentines day in the Bay area-I dont know if shes one of the originals or not , but I might check it out.--Besides the 2 songs you mentioned, Im not a cover girls type of guy.-lol

tanktruck

Reaction score
San Antonio *~*~The COVER GIRLS are Evelyn,
KENNY GUIDO said:
WRONG.

The lead singer "now" was the one that was bought in as the new replacment in 1992.

Evelyn was responsible for hits such as "wishing on a star", "i still miss you" and "funk boutique".
Kenny I think Evelyn was brought in around late 89 or 90. She came in when Angel jumped ship during a tour in Japan I believe. I know I saw Evelyn preform on a Nickledeon show back in late 90 and she preformed on Dance Party USA December of 90. She preformed Dont Stop Now and New York City Christmas. I believe michelle Valentine came in around mid 91. I almost sure that was the time line.

tank

tanktruck

Reaction score
San Antonio *~*~The COVER GIRLS are Evelyn,
Evelyn Escalera entered the group in 1990, as the new lead singer. She finished touring with the group for the “We Can’t Go Wrong” album tour and in 1991, released Dont Stop Now as the B side to Funk Boutique. I found this on Feverrecords.com.

tank