Need the right title for this track

djblitz808

Reaction score
There's a song from the mid 80's called either 'c'mon, let's dance' (I do NOT mean the David Bowie song) or 'c'mon and dance' and it has a beat similar to Conga by Miami Sound Machine....anyone here know this one?

Frantic

Reaction score
There's a song from the mid 80's called either 'c'mon, let's dance' (I do NOT mean the David Bowie song) or 'c'mon and dance' and it has a beat similar to Conga by Miami Sound Machine....anyone here know this one?

Do you have any lyrics? That would help with the search.

Frantic

Reaction score

Could it be: Paris By Air - C'Mon And Dance With Me

Sorta has that conga vibe but if its not this one, there are other mixes on the single. If the lyrics are a match then its possible the beat is from one of the other mixes.

djblitz808

Reaction score
It's mainly the chorus 'c'mon and dance' or 'c'mon let's dance...' then 'you gotta...' the rest of the chorus line gets fuzzy for me, but the beat that goes with it is pretty similar to Conga by MSM

djblitz808

Reaction score
Could it be: Paris By Air - C'Mon And Dance With Me

Sorta has that conga vibe but if its not this one, there are other mixes on the single. If the lyrics are a match then its possible the beat is from one of the other mixes.

no, this isn't it, it's faster and more upbeat. Also, it's more percussion based

Frantic

Reaction score
It's mainly the chorus 'c'mon and dance' or 'c'mon let's dance...' then 'you gotta...' the rest of the chorus line gets fuzzy for me, but the beat that goes with it is pretty similar to Conga by MSM

Let me see what I can come up with . . .

djblitz808

Reaction score
It, the song, was pretty big when breakdancing was in, around 84 or 85 I think

Frantic

Reaction score
Ok. I guess I give up too. Feel like I was so close tho

Haven't gave up, just tough to find without more info. I'll dig around a bit more tomorrow and over the weekend, see what I can find.

djblitz808

Reaction score
I still can't find anything. I've looked everywhere. I don't have enough info on this track to find it, it may be too obscure for me to ever find it

djblitz808

Reaction score
I still can't find anything. I've looked everywhere. I don't have enough info on this track to find it, it may be too obscure for me to ever find it
So...the chorus goes, 'C'mon let's dance' then there's a pause, then it comes back with, 'You gotta (something) that funk(?)', and it's over this rhythmic, latin sounding, percussion heavy electro breakbeat. I can't remember if there are any other words or verses, but I remember the chorus, female group vocals, and the beat and that it came out in 84 or 85...possibly 86 but I highly doubt that, feels too late for it. Anyway, that's all I got, I tried...guess this thread is officially dead

Last edited:

Frantic

Reaction score
So...the chorus goes, 'C'mon let's dance' then there's a pause, then it comes back with, 'You gotta (something) that funk(?)', and it's over this rhythmic, latin sounding, percussion heavy electro breakbeat. I can't remember if there are any other words or verses, but I remember the chorus, female group vocals, and the beat and that it came out in 84 or 85...possibly 86 but I highly doubt that, feels too late for it. Anyway, that's all I got, I tried...guess this thread is officially dead

Not dead, just give it some more time. I'm still at it as well.