NBA Players Dress Code

mike4949

Reaction score
AI already has a problem.

The NBA has now starting today established a dress code for it's players coming to the games, and/or sitting on the bench with injuries.

No more Throwback Jerseys/jerseys(except for team you play on)
No more bling(gold chains)
No more sneakers, sandals
No Baggy jeans

Players now to wear:

Collared shirts
slacks
Sport jackets
Suits

Many players have a problem with this mainly AI
"It's dissapointing I'm being told at 30 what to wear now."

Commisiner David Stern says the code it show players that The NBA is a business. In a business, you have a certian way to look.

Not too long ago; David Stern liked the fact the league embraced The Hip Hop culture. My problem with this is; why now is David Stern doing a 360?

I think The NBA is feeling pressure to embrace Corp. America mainly The Red States who might feel uncomfortable with these players wearing gold.

What do you think of this since many of us do work and have to comply with a dress code. Do you think this is going too far, or just right?

Do you think that like many of the players; this is racist for the fact The NBA now wants to appeal to mostly Corp America who are mostly old concervative white men who feel uncomfortable with young black guys embracing the Hip Hop culture?

mike4949

Reaction score
I understand that many business have a dress code. Even though I work at a University and what lack of a dress code there is.

I just find it bad that the NBA for almost 10 years wanted to embrace the hip hop culture. Why is there a problem now?

ChuckD

The Gay Lord of Freestyle
Reaction score
I think it's silly.

As long as the clothing they are wearing isn't offending anyone, what should it matter what they wear?

SONYA

Reaction score
Ummm yeah I don't really agree...why do they gotta get all dressed up for sports

Reaction score
New Hampshire (now) The land of the 'Family Wre
I think they should dress properly, but that is because they look so much hotter in suits.
Plus, lets be honest, if I made half of what they make in a year, if my bosses said to wear a hotdog costume...I would!
Plus, plus, if you have the money, you should present yourself properly. I think Armani always looks superb (agreeing with rookie).

mike4949

Reaction score
Lets be honest, if they want playeras to dress up to fix their bad hip hop image, not gonna work. Some of these guys like Ron Artest are still gonna be the same people. Anybody who do not think the Artest vs fans in the stands situation is not part of the reason for the so called image fixing of The NBA, you must live under a rock.

lachicabella

Reaction score
If that thing about the collard shirts and other preppy stuff is true, then the NBA is extremely crazy. I cannot stress how ridiculous and hilarious it would look. Whoever's idea it was to change the dress code like this, we can thank the tho-tho (stupid) head and his wack ass ideas :lol. Here let me start: THANK YOU THO-THO HEAD!! :lol

mike4949

Reaction score
LOL

I don't see how a dress code will change the image of the league but try to please the Red States who claim they hate the image of the NBA Stars(which since the majority of NBA stars are black and embrace the hip hop culture wearing the gold chains and baggy jeans). I hear many white Sports writers say this policy in some way is racially charged!

lachicabella

Reaction score
Whoever thought up that dress code are just intimidated and jealous, like the suckas that they are. They WISH they were into the hip hop culture lol. Its probably one of those BEE-BOP and DOO-WOP idiots :lol. Let them continue to think stupid, because I really think that this "dress code" will not fall through anyway. It would be dumb for them to look preppy playing basketball. That's just plain dumb.

Edalgiere

Reaction score
lachicabella said:
Whoever thought up that dress code are just intimidated and jealous, like the suckas that they are. They WISH they were into the hip hop culture lol. Its probably one of those BEE-BOP and DOO-WOP idiots :lol. Let them continue to think stupid, because I really think that this "dress code" will not fall through anyway. It would be dumb for them to look preppy playing basketball. That's just plain dumb.

excuse me but i happen to like beebop a big fan of jazz as well as the muisc of the 50's and dont take kindly in being called an idiot

lachicabella

Reaction score
Edalgiere said:
excuse me but i happen to like beebop a big fan of jazz as well as the muisc of the 50's and dont take kindly in being called an idiot
I'm sorry Ed...I actually wasn't referring to you I was referring specifically to the people who made the decision to make this dress code. If you are offended, I apologize - that was not my intention.

Krystal

Reaction score
LaBettyBoop said:
That is tooooo crazy. Let's see what Michael Jordan says about this since some players do where his sneakers.

:wave

Hiiiiiiiiiii LaBetty! Hope things are goin well for you in FL. Be careful with Wilma though. She's not playin! UGH!!!!!!!!

As for this dress code thing...THANK GOD they finally are takin steps to get a handle on this. I don't think MJ will have much to say about this since I never ONCE saw MJ on the sidelines lookin all sloppy! :lol He was always dressed in a suit and boy did he cut a fine figure! :D

As for the Hip Hop culture...someone needs to tell them that the look is sloppy. What's the sense of wearing a pair of pants that you have to hold up with your hands so your dumbass don't trip over your own damn feet? :confused

Can someone explain that to me?

Enigma

Reaction score
Krystal said:
Can someone explain that to me?

I be more than happy my princess. :D

Thats where they hide all the yeyo manye.

-Tony Montana