name(s) of backup singers shannon monet etc

italo1

Reaction score
JIMMI TUNNEL, AND IN MY OPINION HE COULD OF BEEN ONE OF THE BEST VOCALISTS IN FREESTYLE IF HE WOULD OF TOOK ON A SOLO CARREER, AS A MATTER OF FACT I HAD JUST PICKED UP HIS ONLY SOLO PROJECT A FEW DAYS AGO CALLED 'ALL OR NOTHING"..
THE TRACKS HE DID VOCALS ON SHOULD HAVE BEEN REALLY CALLED DUETS WITH SHANNON, MONET,ETC.. BUT NEVER GOT THE CREDIT HE RIGHTFULLY DESERVED

italo1

Reaction score
honestly i dont know if hes doing tracks latley, but he has the type of vocals that would be compatable to numerous music styles, very talented...

Fstyl

Reaction score
my sentiments exactly. check out his website at jimitunnell.com I emailed him, praising his talent. maybe he will return to freestyle if he hears from some more fans!

Lamondfan

Reaction score
I just found this out recently myself and could not beleive that it was a man singing, I always thought it was a woman. I was further shocked when I came to realize that he had a part in so many great Freestyle songs. I agree he certainly is a great talent and a huge (unrecognized) part of freestyle. Thanks for the website info, it was interesting getting to find out more info on Jimi.

Fstyl

Reaction score
hey lamondfan check out Jimi on Distant Heart by George Lamond. the song opens with Jimi singing solo! also take a listen to Like a Child by Noel that "female" you thought singing background is in fact Jimi Tunnell. just goes to show what makes a great singer is the incredible range

Last edited:

Lamondfan

Reaction score
Fstyl said:
hey lamondfan check out Jimi on Distant Heart by George Lamond. the song opens with Jimi singing solo! also take a listen to Like a Child by Noel that "female" you thought singing background is in fact Jimi Tunnell. just goes to show what makes a great singer is the incredible range

WOW!! I will have to check it out, I would have never guessed that.

Company B

Reaction score
Love him!
He's always helped make them Chris Barbosa/Mark Liggett records sound more flavorful. I always thought the backing vocals on those records were done by both Jimmi & a female vocalist.

FrEEjacK

Reaction score
New York City ("The birthplace of FrEEstyLe") WePa
A "tun" of songs

Thanks to my good buddy Nelson "FFWD" Cruz I was given this tidbit of info a while back.Jimi Tunnel did "Touch me with your Heart" by Eileen Flores, "Don't break my Heart" by Safire,'My Heart's divided" and "Give me tonight" by Shannon and many others. :fkinaman

Company B

Reaction score
Yeah I read it earlier, ..it's kool. :)
I figured it was him on those records too since I have never heard anyone else that sounds like him, & many of these records he's worked on have that classic Freestyle "Ligosa/Ligosa-ish" sound. (LOVE IT!)

italo1

Reaction score
FrEEjacK said:
Thanks to my good buddy Nelson "FFWD" Cruz I was given this tidbit of info a while back.Jimi Tunnel did "Touch me with your Heart" by Eileen Flores, "Don't break my Heart" by Safire,'My Heart's divided" and "Give me tonight" by Shannon and many others. :fkinaman
HEY PAISON!!, HE ALSO DID VOCALS ON A LOT OF OTHER TRACKS TOO, I HAVE DREAMS- ILENE FLORES, IM THE ONE - NYASIA THE LIST GOES ON AND ON. BTW, I HEARD HE WAS A REAL RURAL TYPE OF GUY FROM TEXAS OR SOME MID-WEST STATE LIKE THAT.