Macintosh Software

R

Rhoq

Can anyone out there suggest any good music software for the Mac? I mean something that will allow me to mix, edit and everything else. Thanks in advance

H

Hitesh

Regarding music editing software for mAc

You can use Cubase Vst 5.0 for Mac; it is the best software out there. There are also other good software like Metrotracks made by Cakewalk. For freestyle definitely Cubase; it allows you to easily cut and paste samples and arrange your midi tracks.

Thanks- Hitesh

R

Rhoq

Hello Hitesh!

Thanks for the info., do you knwo how much the full version retails for? Also, do you know anywhere I could d/l a demo of the software? Thanks for the help, bro.

J

Johnny Budz

Rhoq, Hitesh is right on. Cubase is what you want for a MAC. I personally don't have a MAC, but i know plenty of dj's that do, and they all use Cubase. Check out this site for info on it.

http://www.steinberg.net/products/index.phtml?action=showline&id=030101&sid=08559682

R

Rhoq

Hi Johnny!!!

Thanks for that address, I am about to download the demo right now. It seems that the full version retails for $999.99...I guess I'll just get a copy of off Hotline!!! Thanks again!

DOS Records

Reaction score
Rhoq.....most producers with macs including myself are exteremely happy with digital performer..it's the best HANDS DOWN..CUBASE IS COMPLICATED AND BORING compared to performer....and performer is also the industry standard for now....then u may want to check on the newest mac fad-> audio logic....both programs are real hot and "indusrty standard" and will give you alot of sequencing and digital recording power

R

Rhoq

Thanks!!!

RhythmFaktor,

Thanks for the tip. Do you know where I can get more information (website, etc.) on Digital Performer or Audio Logic? Thanks for the help.

Arturo

Reaction score
A couple of years ago, i took a sequencing class at a local community college, and the program that was used there is called Vision (for Mac). The program was very easy to use, so you might wanna check that one out too...although i believe they haven't made any new versions of the program lately...

H

Hitesh

Please remember at the end of the day pleas do not spend tremendous amount of money on music software. Most effective
music programs are available on freeshareware and they are written by Competent programmers who know what thay are doing. Spend some tim on the internet. We have to stop the trend of charging extreme amounts of money on programs that can do a thousand and one things EASY EASY EASY. Be a true producer and use your intellect. By the way 'Sweet dreams was produced by The eurythmics feauturing Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart on basic 8 track. Elvis on 2 track. If you admire your musical heros follow them and make an example.
Programming code does not cost; its the effort and intent that costs. Most of all the CHALLENGE. how would you like a progarm that mixes, arranges and composes all in one and also produces the Music Video by itself. VEEEEEERY BORING.