LOOKS VS. PERSONALITY

F

Freestyle Queen

I was just wondering what my freestylers look for in a person (being that we're into that love music). Does looks mean a lot in a relationship or does personalty out weigh it? I personally think that both do but that personality is more important. The way I see it is that the guy can be fine, but if he has a bad case of diarreha of the mouth he just killed it and his looks disappeared.

FreestylePrynce

Reaction score
Looks are very important in a relationship. You have to be attracted to the person you're with. Then personality also means a lot too. Both to me are equal when it comes to what you look for in a person.

Desejo

Reaction score
i agree.....

looks are very important with my selection.. but Here are the 4 things I look for in a relationship, Honesty, Common Sense, Loyalty, and Looks,its kinda funny, i was just talking about this last night...

The Top Ten List for Whats Most Important to Me searching for Miss Right...

10."Bunny Rabbit"
9.Likes FREESTYLE!!!!!!
8.Likes to dance
7.Sense of Adventure
6.Likes to travel
5.Sense of Humor
4.Looks
3.Loyalty
2.Common Sense
1.Honesty

DJ Desejo
aka Brett
aka Da Portuguese Prince

Dayer

Reaction score

I think looks are important for initial attraction. However, I would rather have an average looking person that takes care of himself than a heart throb that does not.

And...once the looks/sex/chemistry whatever fades you really need to look into personality for anything to last.

So, initially looks but in the long run you gotta have a great personality!!!

Thats my 2 cents :D

Sexyangel329

Honorary CF Member
Reaction score
IN ALL HONESTY LOOKS PLAY AN IMPORTANT ROLE BECAUSE U HAVE TO BE PHYSICALLY ATTRACTED TO SOMEONE BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE CAN TAKE PLACE BUT LOOKS ARE NOT EVERYTHING BECAUSE A MAN CAN BE CUTE AS HELL BUT IF HE CANT STIMULATE ME MENTALLY IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW CUTE HE IS. SOME OF THE QUALITYS I FIND IMPORTANT ARE A SENSE OF HUMOR,#1 HYGIENE, HONESTY AND LOYALTY. IN THE END THEY BOTH PLAY AN IMPORTANT PART THERE IS NO DENYING THAT. MUCH LOVE MUAHHHHHHH.

DJ Starr

Reaction score
YEP

All of you are right...You see the person first, and whether or not they look good has an effect on whether you talk to them or not, and then after talking, with in the first 9 minutes you know whether your combatible or not.

lilitaliana

Reaction score
To each his own. I think that personality is most important. I can honestly say that if my husband had not approached me 11 years ago, I doubt I would've looked at him. He was too thug looking for me and had alot of girls around him, but once I spoke to him I fell hard. He is smart and has a great personality. I guess it depends on the person. Looks fade......personality is forever.

ShorDee

Junior Freestyler
Reaction score
I agree with lilitaliana. I think personality has alot to do with it!!!! Did you ever meet a really good looking person and they turn out to be a jerk and all of a sudden they dont look so good looking anymore???? Or vise versa, you meet someone that isnt that attractive and there personality is great, and all of a sudden they dont seem so bad looking.

exgroove

Reaction score
It's looks that initially sparks that interest. However, looks arent enough. There has to be a spiritual connection for anything to last and personality plays a big part in that

FREESTYLE LOVER

Reaction score
LIVE IN MILL BASIN BUT ALWAYS IN BAYRIDGE!!!!
WELL LOOKS TO ME IS VERY IMPORTANT, I THINK YOU HAVE TO BE PHYSICALLY ATTRACTED TO SOMEONE, BUT I ALSO THINK YOU HAVE TO BE MENTALLY ATTRACTED ALSO. I DON'T REALLY GO FOR LOOKS ANYMORE, BELEIVE ME , I HAVE DATED SOME REALLY NICE LOOKING WOMEN AND WHO HAVE TURNED OUT SICK IN THE HEAD!!LOL IT'S HARD TO FIND SOMEONE BEAUTIFUL AND SMART AT THE SAME TIME. LOOKS TO ME DON'T PLAY A MAJOR ROLE ANYMORE, IT USE TO, BUT NOT NO MORE. I HAVE BEEN GETTING PICKIER AND PICKIER BY THE DAY, I LIKE TO CHOOSE CAREFULLY NOW. I KNOW THAT IT SOUNDS A LIL COCKY , BUT AFTER DEALING WITH WHAT I HAVE DELT WITH YOU WOULD ALSO BE PICKY. ONCE YOU ARE MENTALLY ATTRACTED TO SOMEONE THEN YOU ARE ATTRACTED NO MATTER WHAT THE PERSON LOOKS LIKE. I LIKE WHEN I CAN HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH SOMEONE AND HAVE A FEW LAUGHS WITH THEM. I ALSO THINK HUMOR IS THE BEST QUALITY I CAN FIND IN SOMEONE, I LOVE WHEN A WOMAN CAN MAKE ME LAUGH. EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN TASTE, YOU CAN LIKE SOMEONE JUST FOR LOOKS, YOU CAN LIKE SOMEONE FOR BEING SMART, YOU CAN LIKE SOMEONE BECAUSE OF THIER POPULARITY, YOU CAN LIKE SOMEONE FOR THEIR MONEY, OR YOU JUST CAN LIKE SOMEONE. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PERSON YOU ARE AND YOUR TASTES.

ANTHONY AKA FREESTLE LOVER

FrigginAnT

Reaction score
eh...looks really shouldnt matter that much...i mean yeah its great if ya find a really hot person...but if she has the personality of a wet sock....it kills the looks part of it.. to me..as long as i dont get bored of the person...and she doesnt look like someone did a burnout on her face....and she has a really good personality ...thats perfect :)

DatBoyJay

Reaction score
ok.... Im agree with the part of the girl has to at least attract me physically. I mean she doesn't have to be a drop dead gorgeous supermodel or so, but u know. BUT also she has to have the Personality. Humorus is a definate plus! Plus she has to love my babyface with my pinchable cheeks!lol

ITALIAN BELLA

Reaction score
OK...WE ALL KNOW THAT LOOKS HAVE TO COUNT FOR SOMETHING RIGHT...I MEAN WHEN U SEE A GUY/GIRL DO U HONESTLY THINK HEY HE/SHE LOOKS LIKE THEY HAVE AN AMAZING PERSONALITY??? NO...YOU AUTOMATICALLY JUDGE THEM BY THERE LOOKS...IM NOT SAYING LOOKS ARE EVERYTHING CAUSE THERE NOT..BUT THEY DO COUNT FOR SOMETHING...BUT I SAY IF THEY TREAT U RIGHT AND MAKE U FEEL SPECIAL.. THEN WHO CARES ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE...

Tania1380

Reaction score
FreestyleLover........

Anthony ~ You go boy! I hear you!

What I look for is simple but a lot of guys Don't have these qualities!
Gotta have:
1. Respect
2. Honesty
3. Understanding

Simple yet difficult to accomplish! WHY are guys so hardheaded?

Anthony, when you mentioned about being Picky, I am picky about chosing a person cause a lot of guys don't have these qualities. I feel you. Can totally relate!

Kerri

Reaction score
I definately think looks and personality are equal. But looks are first and the personality comes next. If the personality sucks, then the looks don't matter...they're out the door. Here's my little list in what I look for in a guy:

1. integrity
2. open-minded
3. goodlooking
4. intellectual
5. good head on his shoulders
6. likes sports/adventerous
7. sense of humor
8. passionate/romantic
9. intriguing

FreestyleGoddes

Reaction score
I honestly think that looks are not everything. A person could be the most gorgeous person in the universe, but if they don't have a good personality then what's the point. Yeah i know that physical attraction is important as whether or not you will approach a person, but if you took the time and approached anybody and not just the attractive people, you would find that the people with the best personality are the best looking ones no matter what they really look like. See I talk to anybody who will talk back no matter what they look like, cause it's not all physical. Looks are going to go sooner or later and what you are like inside will be with you forever. Peace out freestyle lovers.