Latin Connection TV Show

Mr DJ

Reaction score
Does anyone here remember back in fall 1988 a show that aired on Fox 5 (friday nights around 12am I think) called "Latin Connection"? It was like a Latino "Soul Train", taped in a nightclub (I think Studio 54) and featured freestyle artists of the time. I remember seeing Sa-Fire, Sweet Sensation, Johnny O, Noel, Corina, and others perform live acts. I thought it was so great to see what these artists looked like. I remember being so dissapointed when it was dropped after only a few months and I never taped it.

eL ChiCho25

Reaction score
I have some on Tape.. Al Bandiro used to host it.. and they had India, Sweet Sensation, Noel, Brenda K Starr, etc... then they would interview them and have poeple ask them questions... and do that Feet to the beat thing....

RioLopez

Reaction score
eL ChiCho25 said:
I have some on Tape.. Al Bandiro used to host it.. and they had India, Sweet Sensation, Noel, Brenda K Starr, etc... then they would interview them and have poeple ask them questions... and do that Feet to the beat thing....
i slightly remember, wasnt tony moran a host? that came after hot tracks i think they had palm trees or someting, lol, wow, i feel old

Dianita

Reaction score
I know Tony Moran did 2nd Generation with Andy "Panda" Tripoli. Where I live, it was on Saturday mornings.

Ivan Diller

DMA Magazine - Writer
Reaction score
Yeah, they were two different shows. Latin Connection, as I recall, had two unknown hosts, a male and a female. I don't think it was around very long, but I do remember some of the performances. 2nd Generation came later.

lachicabella

Reaction score
Dianita said:
I know Tony Moran did 2nd Generation with Andy "Panda" Tripoli. Where I live, it was on Saturday mornings.
As a child growing up listening to freestyle, I never watched Latin Connection, but I did watch 2nd Generation when it came on Channel 11 (WPIX) here in NYC (this was the early 90s). But it would be great to see some old clips of the videos and performances from both shows.

NVDisMa729

Reaction score
Peformances from Latin Connection that I got on DVD are:

1-Brenda K Starr
2-Corina
3-Denise Lopez
4-India
5-Noel
6-Sa-Fire
7-Sweet Sensation
8-The Cover Girls
9-The Latin Rascals

eduindia

Reaction score
La India Dvd`s

I WANT THAT DVD WITH INDIA SINGING "DANCING ON THE FIRE"

I HAVE SOME MORE VIDEOS ON DVD WITH INDIA THAT MAYBE SOMEONE COULD TRADE WITH ME

EMIAL ME BACK HERE PLEASE: eduindia@yahoo.com

FROM Perù

EDUARDO

eduindia

Reaction score
I`d love to get THAT DVD WITH INDIA SINGING "DANCING ON THE FIRE"

I HAVE SOME MORE VIDEOS ON DVD WITH INDIA THAT MAYBE SOMEONE COULD TRADE WITH ME

EMIAL ME BACK HERE PLEASE: eduindia@yahoo.com

FROM Perù

EDUARDO