Keeping Your Relationships Beautiful!

tanktruck

Reaction score
San Antonio *~*~The COVER GIRLS are Evelyn,
Here's an article I found that I think is very good a relative. Especially those of us in a relationship or those of us trying to improve our relationship skills.:hearton
"Keeping Your Relationships Beautiful..."

by Susie and Otto Collins

During one of the recent storms in our area, a small tree fell on our property and created quite a mess.

As we were cutting the tree into pieces small enough to carry, Otto made an interesting connection between what it takes to make a beautiful yard and home and what it takes to make a beautiful relationship.

Otto really dislikes doing any kind of yard work such as clearing the brush, raking leaves, shoveling the snow or mowing the grass. Although he dislikes the work it takes to keep the property looking good, he has really come to appreciate how beautiful our home looks when it is taken care of.

It's the same way in your relationships. There are many things that you may dislike or maybe not want to take the time to do that will help you to create a beautiful relationship if you do them.

Every relationship that is important to you requires maintenance. The relationship has to be taken care of if you want it to be one that is close, connected, alive and full of passion.

Even if you don't care that your relationship is comparable to those in romance novels, it still requires that you pay attention to it and give it some ongoing care and love.

So what types of things do we consider to be important for the ongoing care of a great relationship?

--Be honest and talk about things as they come up between you. Don't bury your feelings. They only come up later as resentment. Whenever you find that you are feeling something that you haven't expressed, communicate these things as soon as and as lovingly as you can. So often people allow small issues to grow into mountains that come between them. Take care of them when they come up.

--Be considerate and grateful. Take the time to be considerate of each other and express your gratitude that you are in each other's lives. In many relationships, there is the temptation to take each other for granted. There may be the feeling that you don't have to be kind and express your love and gratitude to your partner because he/she already knows. Do it anyway.

We feel that being considerate and being grateful is a joyful way of life that helps to create a close, connected partnership.

--Make time to be together. When couples come together, they
often spend a lot of time getting to know one another and having fun together. Then, as children enter the picture and their attentions shift, their intention to spend time together gets buried and lost in their everyday activities.

What we are suggesting is to make it your intention to spend time together, really being together, even if it's to sit and talk alone for a few moments over coffee.

These are just some ideas that we use to keep our relationship beautiful.

We suggest that you don't just stop with these ideas that we're offering you here.

Come up with your own ideas for what it would take to create the kind of relationship that you really want and then do these things.

When you do, we think you will be well on your way to creating a more connected and beautiful relationship.

ChuckD

The Gay Lord of Freestyle
Reaction score
That is too true Tank. I'm fortunate enough to have parents who are "demonstrative" with their feelings towards each other, so I can pick up on this and will follow through with my boyfriend.

They are 65 & 60 years old, and still hold hands when they walk. they start each day with a kiss, and end it with a kiss. Dad still comes home with surprises for Mom. They go out to breakfast every Saturday together, and spend each night drinking coffee together.

They also plan occasional weekend trips away together, and never go to bed angry at each other.

ricanlips4u

Reaction score
Don't ever let romance out of your life no matter how long u been 2gether! My husband (mind u we only been married now 6 months)still Text Messages me daily to let me know he's thinking of me, Loves me or misses me and vice versa..He's more than just my lover, he's my BEST FRIEND & Partner for Life.. I let him know how much he means to me daily. Don't take Love for Granted and it won't EVER die out.. WE enjoy every single minute we are together & live life as if it were our last time together- cuz U just don't know what tomorrow will bring!!

tanktruck

Reaction score
San Antonio *~*~The COVER GIRLS are Evelyn,
ricanlips4u said:
Don't ever let romance out of your life no matter how long u been 2gether! My husband (mind u we only been married now 6 months)still Text Messages me daily to let me know he's thinking of me, Loves me or misses me and vice versa..He's more than just my lover, he's my BEST FRIEND & Partner for Life.. I let him know how much he means to me daily. Don't take Love for Granted and it won't EVER die out.. WE enjoy every single minute we are together & live life as if it were our last time together- cuz U just don't know what tomorrow will bring!!
I agree 100 percent with you.:D

ChuckD

The Gay Lord of Freestyle
Reaction score
ricanlips4u said:
Don't ever let romance out of your life no matter how long u been 2gether! My husband's more than just my lover, he's my BEST FRIEND & Partner for Life.. I let him know how much he means to me daily. Don't take Love for Granted and it won't EVER die out.. WE enjoy every single minute we are together & live life as if it were our last time together- cuz U just don't know what tomorrow will bring!!

You are soooo right! Everyday, you should tell the special people in your life how much they mean to you. Never just assume they will always be there, because the day will come when they are not.