Just me...Dianita.

Dianita

Active member
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
2,293
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Age
44
Location
RVA
Hi eveyone. Just registered today. I'd like to thank Kenny for the invite though by the time it got to me the site was listed as some ********crap and whenever I clicked on the link I had some server error crap always come up. Thankfully the one and only Originator also reffered me here.
Let's see I'm 29, was born in Costa Rica to an Italian dad who was born in East Harlem. I spent most of my life on Eastern Long Island, grew up in Hampton Bays. I have a beautiful 9 year old daughter and another baby on the way. I know some of y'all from some of the other sites. Other than freestyle, I'm also into the Latin Music, salsa, merengue, cumbia, but freestyle is my first and greatest love. I also like reading and sci-fi, & horror movies, ang video games, especially rpgs. I tend to be shy til you get to know me and then I seem slightly certifiable. Ok, so I won't bore you guys anymore. If there's anything else you'd like to know about me, hit me up...
 

Kenny Guido

Staff member
Joined
Dec 30, 2000
Messages
14,547
Reaction score
32
Points
48
Age
49
Location
MASSAPEQUA, STRONG ISLAND
welcome to the site, Dianita! Im glad you were able to make your way here. Jack (Brent) blocked my website from being posted in any way, shape of form so I didnt know until people were able to email me back. So, I emailed people back with combinations such as WWW. NEW YORK FREESTYLE. COM so it would bypass Jacks block.

Im so happy to hear that your from Long Island, like me and alot of the members here. I would like, however, for all my friends from around the world to come here and talk about freestyle and have some fun!
 

Dianita

Active member
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
2,293
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Age
44
Location
RVA
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. It's great to be here.

Thank you again Kenny for the invite. Yep, another Long Islander here. I've tried to move, but I also wind up back here. Believe it or not though on the east end freestyle was never popular. I guess most the locals kind of resented it cause it was something that came with the "summer people" and the "city people", even though we had our fair share of clubs here...CPI, Baystreet, etc..
 

Kenny Guido

Staff member
Joined
Dec 30, 2000
Messages
14,547
Reaction score
32
Points
48
Age
49
Location
MASSAPEQUA, STRONG ISLAND
Dianita said:
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. It's great to be here.
Thank you again Kenny for the invite. Yep, another Long Islander here. I've tried to move, but I also wind up back here. Believe it or not though on the east end freestyle was never popular. I guess most the locals kind of resented it cause it was something that came with the "summer people" and the "city people", even though we had our fair share of clubs here...CPI, Baystreet, etc..

yea, long island is a tough place to leave, even though its almost hard to resist with everything being so high.

are you able to get PARTY 105 out near you? I cant believe it came back but I knew it would have eventually because thier new format was not something anyone wanted. People still do crave dance music and KTU just doesnt have enough variety. when I do listen to party 105, its like a totally brand new station because of all the songs they play that you dont hear on normal radio.

but if you stick around, I have plenty in stored for the long island freestyle fans as well at our new york buddies and everyone else.
 

Freestylepete

New member
Joined
Aug 8, 2002
Messages
1,332
Reaction score
6
Points
0
Age
46
on The radio message boards Party 105 is getting great feedback from the dance fans they havent broadcast online yet which sucks
 

Dianita

Active member
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
2,293
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Age
44
Location
RVA
Thank you Pete and Sal. It's great being someplace and being able to talk about Freestyle, and people actually know what I'm talking about.

Kenny Guido said:
yea, long island is a tough place to leave, even though its almost hard to resist with everything being so high.

are you able to get PARTY 105 out near you? I cant believe it came back but I knew it would have eventually because thier new format was not something anyone wanted. People still do crave dance music and KTU just doesnt have enough variety. when I do listen to party 105, its like a totally brand new station because of all the songs they play that you dont hear on normal radio.

but if you stick around, I have plenty in stored for the long island freestyle fans as well at our new york buddies and everyone else.

Yeah, I get Party 105 loud and clear here. I haven't listened much in a while. When they first started out, I was in my glory, especially with the Saturday Freestyle Matinee. I had just gotten back from Virginia, so that was what?
Early 1998 or so. I think I first heard it in May that year, and after a year of living somewhere that has never heard of freestyle, nor bagels, nor capppuccino. Well anyway then they did away with the matinee and there was Freestyle Friday's. After that it seemed to go trance and mainstream, and on this side of the island KTU only happens in the car with one hand out the window holding the antenna, of course if the cloud coverage was just right. So are they playing Freestyle again? We had Rumba 107 for a while and while they were mostly Spanish broadcasting, they'd throw in some freestyle. So...something in store for LI freestyle fans? Sounds exciting. I hope that spreads out to the east end.
 

Kenny Guido

Staff member
Joined
Dec 30, 2000
Messages
14,547
Reaction score
32
Points
48
Age
49
Location
MASSAPEQUA, STRONG ISLAND
I dont know if party 105 plays freestyle again. I heard a lot of trance and house music, and of course, Judy's new song. I cant get it where I live unless I drive a few blocks down!
 

Freestylepete

New member
Joined
Aug 8, 2002
Messages
1,332
Reaction score
6
Points
0
Age
46
Listening to Party when ever it was online since the beggining of its existence it never leaned to much on freestyle which in my opinion was good cause it leaned on cutting edge dance music which very so often they would add a new song light years before ktu would add it to the rotation for example Reina. They did have some great ass concerts with freestyle acts and even a few freestyle concerts.
 

xXTheORIGINATORxX

New member
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
568
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
43
Dianita said:
Hi eveyone. Just registered today. I'd like to thank Kenny for the invite though by the time it got to me the site was listed as some ********crap and whenever I clicked on the link I had some server error crap always come up. Thankfully the one and only Originator also reffered me here.
Let's see I'm 29, was born in Costa Rica to an Italian dad who was born in East Harlem. I spent most of my life on Eastern Long Island, grew up in Hampton Bays. I have a beautiful 9 year old daughter and another baby on the way. I know some of y'all from some of the other sites. Other than freestyle, I'm also into the Latin Music, salsa, merengue, cumbia, but freestyle is my first and greatest love. I also like reading and sci-fi, & horror movies, ang video games, especially rpgs. I tend to be shy til you get to know me and then I seem slightly certifiable. Ok, so I won't bore you guys anymore. If there's anything else you'd like to know about me, hit me up...

Hey Dianita! How did I miss this thread??? My bad!!!!!!!!!

Hope all is well with you and your future son.

So you're a Tica huh? That's cool.
 

Dianita

Active member
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
2,293
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Age
44
Location
RVA
The Originator! said:
Hey Dianita! How did I miss this thread??? My bad!!!!!!!!!

Hope all is well with you and your future son.

So you're a Tica huh? That's cool.

Thanks. :)Hi, how are you?
We're okay, but I don't know yet if I got a he or a she in there. I find out next Tuesday when I go for my sono. Everyone here is callin the poor thing Lily. So if he's it's a he, there's gonna be some identity issues. Though after my last pregnancy ended so bad, I get paranoid about everything. On top of everything my sister laid me off yesterday, so I am currently unemployed...and yep, I'm a nice Tica/italiana combo. One day when I have money, I'll go back.
 
Top