Judy Torres' Greatest Hits

Freestygal

Reaction score
While I know this cd has already been reviewed, I wanted to give my opinion of it. Yes, it would have been ideal if this would have been a greatest hits collection of all Judy's ORIGINAL songs. But since that wasnt possible for whatever reason (licensing, etc), Judy still wanted to give her fans a collection of her biggest hits. There were a few songs that I was very disappointed in. "Love Story" is one of my fave Judy songs and this version of it totally killed the song. It sounded like she was singing faster than the beat. It was just totally off. And for some reason, "No Reason To Cry" on this cd didnt do it for me either. However, I did find that most of the other songs on the cd sounded very close to the originals...especially my all time fave Judy song "Please Stay Tonight". Its great to finally have some other Judy classics such as "Every Little Lie", "Holding On", and "Out Here On My Own" on one cd. I was disappointed that "Love You For All Seasons" wasnt included in this collection. That's a great Judy song and I was surprised not to find it on here.
If I had to rate this cd, I would give it an 8 out of 10. Freestyle fans have had to deal with their fave singers releasing greatest hits cds but with new versions of their fave songs and not the originals...such as Judy, SaFire, and Lil Suzy. However, these singers still have incredible voices and all the songs still sound good...maybe a little different, but still good nonetheless. With the exception of 1 or 2 mediocre songs, I definitely recommend this cd for all die-hard Judy and freestyle fans.

Randi (FreestyleGal)

heidee14

Reaction score
Thanx Randi, for your opinion! She has an incredible strong voice!
I've been looking for it, maybe amazon has it right? I actually
found Lisette's Greatest Hits at a record store, so I was hoping
for Judys, but not! Oh well, I'll have to order it! Thanx again!

R

Rhoq

Although I didn't care for the CD, I will say that Judy's voice has never sounded better!

Freestygal

Reaction score
Hey Heidee!!! I believe that Amazon does have it....just make sure they have it in stock because I have ordered cds from them before that were no longer available and I had to chase after them just so they would credit my account.
I got it in Coconuts near my house. You know how it is with freestyle cds....they arent always the easiest to find!!

Randi (FreestyleGal)

Ivan Diller

DMA Magazine - Writer
Reaction score
I have always loved Judy's voice, but I picked up the CD last night and I was disappointed. I totally agree with Randi's review of the songs. "Love Story" is just a nightmare. How it made it onto the CD with that awful production is beyond me. It's almost as if they didn't hear what we hear with the tempo being completely off. It makes you wonder.

I also felt that Judy's vocals were not as good as I would have expected. It sounded like all the vocals were done in just one take because you could hear her breathing throughout and that's not usually so evident with studio productions. There are ways around that stuff. I'm glad I bought it to support, but I'm sure I will be digging into the archives to find "Love Story," and "My Soul" to hear the original recordings. After all, they are not only classic, but they are sacred.

MICMAC631

Reaction score
JUDY TORRES REVIEW

Just picked up my copy of Judy Torres Greatest Hits. Ive been a Judy torres fan for many years and I listen to her first album faithfully, but this new greatest hits CD is a joke. Judy sounds great, but the production is HORRIBLE!! I was never a fan of Adam Moranos work. All his stuff sounds the same and his choice for sounds is not very good. What the hell happened with "Love Story"??? Sounds like vocals were off tempo. Most of the music on all the tracks Drown out Judys beautifull voice. I think Adam Marano should just stick to flipping burgers. Just because you know how to play keyboards does not make you a producer.He ruined Rockells album as well as Lil Suzys greatest Hits also. Oh yea, if the CD is titled GREATEST HITS, why do they always release new versions of old songs? Its very misleading, they should have the ORIGINALS!!!!!!! I wouldnt have purchased this CD if I knew it was remakes. OK, thats all I can think of for now, sorry to be so harsh, but Im being honest.