India vs. Brenda K. Starr

Dianita

Reaction score
http://www.elvacilon.com/player.shtml

The interview with India begins over the mute icon(more or less)...highlight India and Brenda go all out and argue up a storm on Mega...

What a shame, they're both two of my favorite freestyle artists...

Dianita

Reaction score
Yeah, you gotta forward it up to a little over the mute button like I said...that's where the interview starts and she talks about some of the rumors, and then Brenda's husband Chris calls in and when Brenda gets on the phone, woo. Brenda keeps calling India Linda even though she legally changed her name and India gets real irked about that one and calls her Brenda K-Mart as well as a few more choice words. I guess it'll be hard to deny a feud after this...

payac

Reaction score
there are beefs between many freestyle artists. many would be suprised to know what really goes on behind the curtain. I think both ladies are very talented. it is a shame.

bigMARC

Senior Freestyler
Reaction score
That's foul. But India really sounded off on Brenda. The first name call was towards India. But India invited her to battle her on stage. I don't think Brenda could ever match India. Brenda sounded like she has a grudge towards Mariah Carey. Anyway, these dudes are a bug out at the station in the A.M. but they kind of instigated the thing more with laughs and ohhhhh and ahhhhh! Damn, the attitudes between these two women is crazy. Over the air, dang.

M

mixedgal2010

I haven't been on the messageboards in a while...but I figured I'd give it another shot again.

Hi people I'm new by the way ;).

Anyway, on to this subject....I was so shocked to see that the two of them were fighting like that. I found this out on a new york spanish television station...India was talking in Spanish to the interviewers over the phone and she was pissed off...they showed pictures of both her and Brenda...so even though I could understand what she was saying, in her tone you could tell India had some serious beef. But then again, why would I be surprised anyway...as payac previously stated, many artists are always fighting with each other or got some beef with one another...and its all because of what? COMPETITION.

Pride and Egos bring Issues and Catfights.

M

mixedgal2010

bigMARC said:
That's foul. But India really sounded off on Brenda. The first name call was towards India. But India invited her to battle her on stage. I don't think Brenda could ever match India. Brenda sounded like she has a grudge towards Mariah Carey. Anyway, these dudes are a bug out at the station in the A.M. but they kind of instigated the thing more with laughs and ohhhhh and ahhhhh! Damn, the attitudes between these two women is crazy. Over the air, dang.

Oh yeah, and Brenda needs to get over Mariah...Mariah moved on from singing back up for Brenda a longgggggggg time ago. Its called going on and moving forward a.k.a "do you".

Dianita

Reaction score
mixedgal2010 said:
I haven't been on the messageboards in a while...but I figured I'd give it another shot again.
Hi people I'm new by the way ;).
Anyway, on to this subject....I was so shocked to see that the two of them were fighting like that. I found this out on a new york spanish television station...India was talking in Spanish to the interviewers over the phone and she was pissed off...they showed pictures of both her and Brenda...so even though I could understand what she was saying, in her tone you could tell India had some serious beef. But then again, why would I be surprised anyway...as payac previously stated, many artists are always fighting with each other or got some beef with one another...and its all because of what? COMPETITION.
Pride and Egos bring Issues and Catfights.

I know La India was on Univision the the night, on Don Francisco presenta, and Don Francisco tried asking her about the problems with Brenda and showed pics of Brenda and Marc Anthony, and she did her "no, no, I don't have a problem with nobody" thing and kept changing the subject. Which yeah okay, I believed her too!!! She just knows the fighting doesn't make her look too good.

MIX1027FMDJ

Reaction score
mixedgal2010 said:
Oh yeah, and Brenda needs to get over Mariah...Mariah moved on from singing back up for Brenda a longgggggggg time ago. Its called going on and moving forward a.k.a "do you".

Mariah went ahead the old fashion way...she got out her kneepads !!!

People forget that in this business it is always about them, and no one else. It is a hard business and you have to be up for it in order to survive in it.

When everybody makes money, everybody is the best friend with everybody else, when things get lean the name calling begins.

As for Brenda, she is a good friend of mine and I have nothing but the ultimate regard for her talent, in fact she IS BETTER today than years ago.

As for India, I personally do not know her, but I have always enjoyed her music and her voice, the girl definately has a gift. The only funny thing I have to say about her is that on the first TKA 12" I got, I always wondered who the hell was the girl on the cover...of course I found out soon after, but from a DJ's prospective spinning in Manhattan in the early 80's...at least for me I never heard of things like TKA, India....however I heard of Brenda, so make it what you wish.

Why can we all be friends..right?