Important reminder about White

mzcrazybtch

Reaction score
ewww....I've seen those too. Yet I heard you're supposed to wear black underwear under white when it comes to pants (but not spandex)

rbonuc29

Reaction score
hudson county new jersey union city. odessy high s
why is it that

in nyc theres an abosulte obession with dark colors. black brown red. and it ends there.

if you go to miami. everything is bright shiney sunny colors. white nice royal blues. white pants with light blue button down. or yeah a nice bright yellow shirt. or even soft yellow

or soft white pants. everything down there is bright bright colors. but up here.

everything is darkness. dark pants dark shirt. dark dark dark. i was about to wear one of my white pants the other day i bought down there 4 yrs ago when i lived there. but i got scared llloll. cuase everybody would look. abosulte obession with darknes here.

SpeedTribe

Reaction score
SONYA said:
I only wear white ankle socks with my kicks and that's it...yeah white socks with dark pants huge no no...I was at a funeral a few weeks ago and I couldnt believe how many men were wearing white socks with their black suits wtf :confused
blame Michael Jackson and the early 80s for that influence..

Brklyn345

Reaction score
rbonuc29 said:
why is it that

in nyc theres an abosulte obession with dark colors. black brown red. and it ends there.

if you go to miami. everything is bright shiney sunny colors. white nice royal blues. white pants with light blue button down. or yeah a nice bright yellow shirt. or even soft yellow

or soft white pants. everything down there is bright bright colors. but up here.

everything is darkness. dark pants dark shirt. dark dark dark. i was about to wear one of my white pants the other day i bought down there 4 yrs ago when i lived there. but i got scared llloll. cuase everybody would look. abosulte obession with darknes here.

Maybe if nyc had year round nice weather..i usually break out the dark clothes too....supposedly dark colors make you warmer for the cold weather.

ChuckD

The Gay Lord of Freestyle
Reaction score
rbonuc29 said:
why is it that

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!

That reminds me of a line from a sitcom a few years ago.

*woman*...."your suit, it's beige. You're wearing beige."

*man* "So?"

*woman* "This is NYC.....we all wear black. And that's only until we find a darker color.*

rbonuc29

Reaction score
hudson county new jersey union city. odessy high s
Miami/South Beach is where fashion's at.

you never said it better.

i had to learn how to dress down there in a hurry. i never dressed well at all when i lived up here. but when i moved down there. 1/4 of my salary had to go to buying new clothing weekly. even going to pump gas you had to dress well. that place is a no stop run way. modeling show.

i really learned how to dress down there in a hurry. thats why im glad i live in nyc. here i can dress like a pig most of the time and fit right in lloll.

people dress impecably down there lloll.

ChuckD

The Gay Lord of Freestyle
Reaction score
Ok, so why is there a woman in the office today who is wearing a black and white skirt suit, and she has a black skirt, white hose, black shoes?

Everytime she walks by my desk, I think of this thread, and start laughing. :lol

SONYA

Reaction score
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO I would too...maybe you should email her the contents of this thread :) you know a helpful reminder

italo512

Reaction score
every now and then though i like to get michael jacksonfied....in my own house!!!!! when i run out and get the paper in the morn,i may have the white socks,and the closest pair of shoes to me are black....i gotta do it fast,so no one sees me!!!
ChuckD said:
That goes for guys too.

Don't wear white athletic socks with dress pants or khakis!

White socks only with blue jeans and sneakers.

lil_reeses

Reaction score
I luv colors...including dark ones! Sometimes it does get annoying living here with the feeling like you have to be dressed well all the time. Mind you, i go with my boyfriend at night to do errands for my mom and im not the one getting off the car and i STILL have to get dressed like im going out, if i dont, it just doesnt feel right. I soOoO want to move to NY.