Id Like For People To Share Some Memories About Their Experiences @ La Mirage

Reaction score
THE BRONX... YOU CAN SAY WE WERE THE HOME OF FREES
i WANTED TO START THIS TOPIC ABOUT A PLACE CALLED "LA MIRAGE " UP IN THE BRONX THAT WAS ONE OF THE HOTTEST SPOT TO CHECK OUT FREESTYLE PERFORMANCES. LA MIRAGE ON FORDHAM ROAD IN THE BRONX WAS THE FIRST NIGHTCLUB I HAD BEEN TO. TKA WAS THE FIRST PERFORMANCE I EVER SAW THERE. THEY WERE OFF THE HOOK... BUT LETS SEE HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE MEMORIES OF THAT PLACE TOO.

clubfossil

Reaction score
r u kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)LA MIRAGE WAS MY SECOND HOME WHEN I WASNT PLAYING AT CLUBS WITH MY BROTHA RAUL..DJ AL PIZZARO WOULD HAVE US DANCING TILL 5 OR 6AM SOME NITES...THE FIRST ACTS I SAW THERE WERE "JUDY TORRES""TKA"-"CHEREE""THE COVER GIRLS" AND "NAYOBE" AND...WOW WHAT A GREAT CLUB IT WAS...DEFINITELY MISS IT...:djFREDDIE ;) ;)

Last edited:

Willie Valentin

Reaction score
La mirage was the club that gave me my first break. It was the first show i ever had when i was in a group called all-in. I remember it well because at this show i met soon to be freestyle legend CORO who's debut show was the following week from mine. He was telling me how nervous he was. From that day i used to be there every weekend hanging out and dancing. DJ's John Gungie Rivera rocking the turntable along side magic mike. Those were the days. Saw Loose touch, coro, tony moran, judy torres, cynthia, exo and many new comers to the scene because Dennis the owner was a great guy that gave alot of us newbies a break at his club. And when I became willie valentin i performed there as well. La Mirage was the bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

clubfossil

Reaction score
WOW!

DAYUM I REMEMBER WHEN "GUNGIE"USED TO KICK A$$ ON THE TURNTABLES.WOW I ALSO SAW THE GROUP-TRILOGY-AND-C-BANK-AND SAFIRE-LEATHER AND LACE-LATIN RASCALS. IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY.LOL OR WAS I DRUNK TO MY A$$.THOSE WERE DEFINITELY GREAT CLUB MEMORIES:hpoundLA MIRAGE :hpound

clubfossil

Reaction score
HE HEHEHE

WOW THE $5 OR $10 DOOR FEE USED TO GET US AT LEAST THREE BIG ACTS A NITE,NOW THAT'S THE PRICE OF A BEER AT AN OK CLUB..LOL...FREDDIE :eek: :eek:

Ivan Diller

DMA Magazine - Writer
Reaction score
I never actually made it to La Mirage or the Devil's Nest even though they were both close to where I live. I think at that time I was either going to horrible clubs in New Rochelle, NY or to NYC to 1018. Never made it to Heartthrob either. I was stuck on 1018 and went there every week religiously until moving on to the Tunnel.

clubfossil

Reaction score
HEY

"THE FEVER" WAS DEFINITELY ONE OF THE BEST CLUBS SAL B OWNED...SAL B AND "THE FEVER"WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR PIONEERING THE HIP HOP SOUND AND THE FREESTYLE SOUNDS AND ACTS...WOW SAL B STARTED THE CAREERS OF MANY ARTISTS AND DJ'S..(ON JEROME AVE) AND LA MIRAGE WAS ON FORDHAM ROAD...FURHTER UP TOWN...TO SEPARATE GREAT CLUBS....FREDDIE;)

Maribell

Reaction score
La Mirage.....those were the days!!!! I have so many good memories; besides Al Pizarro, Cool Mike Ski and Gungie, let's not forget Miguel Melendez, Owen Soba and Baby Hec, who also kicked butt on those turntables many times. Dennis and Nick had the best club back in those daysl good music, great drinks, nice atmosphere, the best shows and very close to home. Perhaps a "La Mirage Reunion" should be planned. Victor Vargas and I had a conversation regarding that topic some time ago. We both agreed that such an event will definitely have a grand turn-out, since no one will ever forget that place...and even I wish I could go back for at least just one more night.

aclove

Reaction score
REMEMBER DANCING FOR CORINA
"OUT OF CONTROL" AND THIS GUY JUST
KEPT TAUNTING ME WITH THE WHOLE \"PATO"
THING SO I SPEARED A POSTER RIGHT AT HIS FACE
BOY AFTER THAT WE THOUGHT MORE SERIOUSLY
ABOUT SECURITY.AND WE DID WE HIRES WEEBS
FRANC REYES BIIGGG BROTHER AND SURE ENOUGH
THE SHHH CEASED.LOVED THAT PLACE!!!
LIKE PARTYING IN MY CLOSET.YES MARI GOOD
AKNOWLEDGMENT OF MIGUEL,HEC AND OWEN.
WHAT UP BOYS???MIGUEL,HOWS JANET JACKSON??
YOUR BOY FLIP ALWAYS ASKS ABOUT YOU.
QUEENSBRIDGE REPRESENTATIVE!!SAW DORIS ALSO
NO A CAMBIADO NADA

Nyasia

Reaction score
DAmn I remember have Anxiety everytime I did La Mirage!..LOLOL there was always a fight going on there, as well as Emerald City. But your right Maribell and Owen, those were the days!:D

myonlysweetie

Reaction score
cArLiToS WaY said:
Emerald City I remember from the early 90's.

Me and my girls, used to live in that place! Dayum....its been a long time since anyone mentioned Emerald City!! :D

In Queens, back in the dayz we used to hang out at Paled's {{on Queens Boulevard}}...we were all underage, but managed to get into to see SaFire, TKA, Coro, Suave, Cynthia, Judy Torres!! :blah

mzlizz521

Reaction score
How I remember those days, I was like 15 going to La Mirage seeing all these performers for a real cheap price..plus I never got ID and now I get ID all the time. That is true THOSE WERE THE TIMES!!!

barbie3399

Reaction score
i WANTED TO START THIS TOPIC ABOUT A PLACE CALLED "LA MIRAGE " UP IN THE BRONX THAT WAS ONE OF THE HOTTEST SPOT TO CHECK OUT FREESTYLE PERFORMANCES. LA MIRAGE ON FORDHAM ROAD IN THE BRONX WAS THE FIRST NIGHTCLUB I HAD BEEN TO. TKA WAS THE FIRST PERFORMANCE I EVER SAW THERE. THEY WERE OFF THE HOOK... BUT LETS SEE HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE MEMORIES OF THAT PLACE TOO.
Omg the best memories were made their omg Cynthia Judy