I love Jocelyn's new album!

JeromeG1234

Reaction score
I just wanted to put that out there. Everyone seems to have something negative to say about it, but I think it's a fabulous album! "No Way No How" is amazing, and I really hope that it does well for her. It's true that there is no freestyle on the album, but so what? Just because you like freestyle doesn't mean that you can't listen to anything else, and it IS a dance album, after all. Besides, the "Jocelyn" album had only a few freestyle songs, and even "Do You Miss Me," which was her last freestyle single, is only marginally freestyle. Let her move on and try other things; she's just trying to stay current!

If you want another great album that DOES include some freestyle, check out Sharyn Maceren's album (which sounds a lot like the "Jocelyn" album from '97).

Reaction score
I picked up Jocelyn's new album while standing in line at Tower Records and I figure I never heard anything from her in awhile so why not check her out. When listening to the cd, it did surprise me that her album was mostly comprised of dance music and no freestyle but that showed me that Jocelyn has other talents as well besides freestyle. I also felt that Jocelyn is at a point in her life where dance/house music suits her/her interests more than freestyle. If you really think about it freestyle music doesn't get a lot of publicity at clubs (at least not in the bay area) while dance music and house does. I understand that freestyle fans will be disappointed from the change and they don't have to buy the album. I personally love freestyle and dance music and I really dig the songs on this album.