How many you guys remember the song w/ Marc Anthony I just want you by my side

budman

Reaction score
Boston, MA freestyle used to be big in this club c
I dont think its the actual title of the song, but Todd Terry produced and it was on Freeze records, the flip side of Elan Where is your hat, anyways this song bring chills down my spine whenever I used to play it....Marc Anthony voice excels to the point where he feels it coming from the heart,,,,,and then it would kick to a freestyle /housey beat and the familiar Mexican guitar,,,,,and then again he would come in sing his lungs out....God...that songs is the bomb...I still play this song at parties,,,,,people go nuts over it.....by the way what is the real titel of the song.....

Orgntr1

Reaction score
Paterson, NJ A reject city with good New York su
What I would like to know is about that really extremely rare song I downloaded on napster at one point called "im tired". This song also has that guitar in the end. Could it be the same one? The chorus goes....."im tired of trying. you know ive been smiling, but inside im dying......I cant stay, no way." I'm thinking this was a demo song recorded around the recording sessions of his "i need to know" album but was never released. It sounds so much like I need to know yet, it's alot slower but it's an awesome track. To tell you guys the truth, I think I like this song better than all of his songs in his self titled cd. I'd like to know though, where this song came from. Is there indeed, an album for it. Is it part of a compilation of some sort? Im thinking its a demo but I could be wrong.

SantanaTwins

Recording / Performing Artist
Reaction score
about the lyrics

I have a friend who use to work with Marc before he blew up. One day while I was at his studio he let me hear a song he and marc were working on. The song was nothing finished. They were just throwing around ideas. At some point during the recording, Marc got into a groove with a phrase that was in his head" I just want you by my side, you just want me to break down and cry". They didn't do anything with the song,just something that they thought they might oneday come back too. Well it just so happens that some time later Todd calls marc into the studio to work on a song which he needed vocals for. And presto, a song is born. it's funny how things happen.:)

Latin Nation

Reaction score
tHE SONG IS PHAT

tHAT SONG IS OFF THE HOOK, BUT IF YOU HAVE "wHEN THE NIGHT IS OVER" OF mARC AND lITTLE lOUIE vEGA THE SONG tIME HAS THE SAME LYRICS, BUT DIFFERENT PUT. iS JUST THAT HE CUT IT....lISTEN TO IT AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT i MEAN. :D :eek:

Latin Nation

Reaction score
Hell Yeah

He looks funny as all hell on the cover. Is the only song that is so hard to find, also the only song that has his full name on it "Marc Anthony Muniz" ...that is a treasure....Trying to find it....:eek: :rolleyes:

Elear

Reaction score
I Do Ivan....And If U Find That Record? Or Find Anyone With It? They Or U Are 1 Lucky Motha Fu**a's...
Another Thing About Marc....In A Way I Wish He Still Reprezented Freestyle But In More Ways Im Glad He's Doing The Salsa And Ballad Music Instead Of Freestyle.

You Guys That Know Marc For Awhile,Or Enough Know That He wasn't Respected As An Artist.
And Alot Were Envious And Pissed At The Fact Cuz My Man Could Smoke A Whole Pack Of Cigaretts One After The Other And Go In The Booth And Record A Song In 10 Minutes With No Problems ;)

Ivan Diller

DMA Magazine - Writer
Reaction score
I have "Rebel" on 12" vinyl... Honestly it's the only song I knew by him before "Ride on the Rhythm." A friend of mine from college used to date him when they were teenagers. Small world.

TINO

Reaction score
I HAVE REBEL IT'S AWESOME. ALSO ABOUT THE SONG I'M TIRED. WHEN I BOUGHT MARC ANTHONY'S ENGLISH CD, I BOUGHT IT AT WAL-MART AND ON IT IT SAID WAL-MART EXCLUSIVE WITH 2 BONUS TRACKS. ONE IS I'M TIRED AND THE OTHER IS A BEAUTIFUL BALLAD CALLED I WILL FIND YOU. YOU ALL NEED TO CHECK ON THEM SONGS THEY'RE AWESOME.