How many dance Dj's are on this site.

ted

Reaction score
New York born, Sunset Park, now living in PA and b
Lately, I have been wondering how many real DANCE Dj's are on this site.
I'm a member of Dj forums but they are are mainly Hip Hop DJ'S, with a only few Trance/Techno/progressivehouse. So tell your story Are you a Vinyl dj, CDj, or a PC dj. How did you start? who was your insperation. What genre do you enjoy mixing most and least?.

ilyas

Reaction score
I'm a DJ.

Hip-hop is dance music too.

I spin House(real house, not the progressive soul-less crap that people call house nowadays), Freestyle, Electro, Hip-Hop, R&B, Reggae. In no particular order of preference.

I also produce my own material, original as well as remixes.

I'm guessing there a lot more REAL DJs here, who didn't respond because they got better things to do than try to validate themselves as DJs to you, and carry on in a pointless Hip-Hop vs. Progressive/Trance debate which you seem to be instigating.

ted

Reaction score
ilyas said:
I'm a DJ.

Hip-hop is dance music too.

I spin House(real house, not the progressive soul-less crap that people call house nowadays), Freestyle, Electro, Hip-Hop, R&B, Reggae. In no particular order of preference.

I also produce my own material, original as well as remixes.

I'm guessing there a lot more REAL DJs here, who didn't respond because they got better things to do than try to validate themselves as DJs to you, and carry on in a pointless Hip-Hop vs. Progressive/Trance debate which you seem to be instigating.

ROFLMAOO!!!

Where is all the hostility coming from.

1st. This thread had nothing to do with Hip - Hop vs Anything.
2nd. I never asked anyone to validate themslelves as a Dj, just thought it would be cool to see who likes to spin different genres of music and how they started.
3rd. Rather then turn this into another bullshit thread about HE SAID/SHE SAID OR HE THINKS /SHE THINKS.. Thanks for your reply.

sietzsounds

Reaction score
I am but I havent spun a real party in a few years.... i play mostly old school on vinyl.... some hip hop but mostly dance.... :)

bullboykennels

Reaction score
I spin CD's really no long have any vinly's love the digital CD turntable's,.. Mostly spin Freestyle-Club,. Salsa/Merengue,. & Reggaeton,.. but like i said mostly Freestyle cause I just can't get enough of it.

ted

Reaction score
bullboykennels said:
I spin CD's really no long have any vinly's love the digital CD turntable's,.. Mostly spin Freestyle-Club,. Salsa/Merengue,. & Reggaeton,.. but like i said mostly Freestyle cause I just can't get enough of it.

I understand spining cd's.. years ago I sold all my vinyl when I gave it all up.
So now that I started again I decided to mix cd's cause the cost of going out and buying all that vinyl again, was killing me. I'lL mix Freestyle(my 1st choice) house, and tribal. (really good house and tribal is hard to find on cd though).

Keep spinnin!!

bullboykennels

Reaction score
yeah true somethings are just to hard to find on cd. but you can always digitize your vinlys i'm sure you do. i've done it for some of mines that i had while back.

FreestyleZFinest

Reaction score
I'M FROM THE PLACE WHERE FREESTYLE GREW IT'S FIRST
I Spin, But Don't Consider Myself A Dj Because I Don't Do Parties. I Spin Mainly Freestyle For The Love. I Did A Block Party A Few Yrs Ago With "friends" And It Was Off The Hook. I Even Performed For The Neighbors And All The Other Blocks That Were There That Night.
As For How I Started...my Cuz Had Turntables And Like 10 Freestyle Records About 10yrss Ago. When I Saw Them I Went Nuts Touching. Lol...with His Guidance I Have Become The Blender I Am Today. Lol...

Thnx For The Spot

P.s- Ted Spins Tight Himself

This Is GoodBye

Reaction score
im strictly mixing up on the comp i have never spun....i prefer it all on the comp to be alot easier ;)...im strictly just dance music :)

up2late

Reaction score
Im a vinyl kinda guy.

Been spinning for about 14 years mobile, radio etc..

Mix-Master

Reaction score
rep

i saved money for one year abd bought a pair of technics sl1200 when i was 14
at the age of 15 i was playing for 4 hours daily on air in a radio the station
i learned mixing on freestyle i used to play 90's eurodance like la bouche , Ice Mc , 2 brothers on the 4th floor etc.... i also played raggae and fast pop rock like kenny loggins - Danger zone .......
i have more than 15 mixed cd but illegal of course they are recorded live sessons from my air play at the radio st.
now i'm into music producing more than mixing but i still mix and i use pioneer CDJ-1000mk2 and i also mix on computer
i consider myself an EVERYTHING DJ i mix everything and i'm involved in all audio stuff and (thank god) i have a very wide experience everything involving audio mixing , producing , mastering , recording , software etccc....................

Knightfell

Reaction score
<-- Retired DJ
I started in highschool working for a DJ company (you know the wedding/teen dance type) Got to the point if I had to play the chicken Dance or the Hokey Pokey once more I was going to go Postal. By the time I was 18 I was DJ'ing at the premiere clubs in New Orleans and the surrounding metro area. DJ'ing was a tool for me to learn various genres to aid me as a composer. I look back on those days with fond memories and no regrets.
Never got the chance to spin cd's so I have no opinion. those players were just coming in as I was going out. But I would think that it would never compare to the feel of vinyl under your fingers.

BronxFreeStyle

Reaction score
I started mixing back in the mid 80's. I started out with a couple of cheap turntables, then moved VERY quickly to the wheels of steel "mk1200". Back then, I paid $700.00 for a pair. Hah, try to buy one for less than $500.00 now. Anyways, I did mostly Freestyle, but I also did House, Dance, and Club. I worked both parties, house parties and clubs. Never had radio air play but did have my name on commercials for the night clubs that I was spinning for. Nowadays, I mainly retired from that scene. I have a family and a career to keep me occuppied. I do however, find the time every now and then to spin my vinyls....hmmmm......still love that basement smell. Recently, I started my own internet radio station to play my music. And soon, I'll be going live mixing it up on the wheels of steel. I think I still have the stuff to teach the new DJ's out there a thing a two about mixing and not this back to back mixing (slapping, is what I call it). Currently, on the internet, I put up some of my old mixes that I found on some old cassettes. I thought it would be nice for some of my old school boys to listen to and go back in time. (you know what I'm talking about, clubs like Mirage, Heartthrob, and from the south, backstreets, club tropics, heartbreakers, and respectables, just to name a few). Check out my internet radio air play schedule. Like I mentioned, I'll also will be going live soon with new and upcoming mixes of Freestyle, house, dance, and club hits. :dj