How is Angelina's album?

JeromeG1234

Reaction score
What does everyone think about Angelina's "Love Ain't Here Anymore" album? I listened to a few of the samples on Upstairs Records' website, and none of them sounded like freestyle. However, the freestyle column in DMA mentions this album so I assume that it must have at least a few tracks...anyway, opinions?

Vega

Reaction score
the album shows a complete different side of Angelina...she does have some freestyle tracks- that have some pop-r&b feel too it...the cd grows on you...

cafreestyler

Reaction score
the album is definitely different from the first two. if you are looking for the freestyle on her first two albums, well you won't find it here. there isn't really anything for the freestyle fan on this album. maybe 2 songs are sort of freestyle. nowhere as good as her first two albums. its really more of a house/pop/r&b album.

RoGeReM

Reaction score
thanks for the info guys! Another one to scratch from my list to buy.

kwabena danso

Reaction score
Angelina

I always buy every Angelina album. This one is quite different from her last one, but her last one was also quite different from the first. There is one song on her new album that's considered true freestyle (it has an old school flavor to it), but the album is mostly house, latin house, and R&B. There are two other tracks that could be on a new freestyle compilation, but it sounds more like what a booty bass remix of a R&B song would be. One is half R&B (slow tempo) and rhythm & bass (up tempo)- examples of tempo would be the songs "I like it" by Sammie and even more "don't think I'm not" by Khandi. She just seems to be changing with the times while still managing to always have at least 5 breakbeat-like songs on each album. There is also one other song that starts off with a house beat and switches into freestyle like the popular freestyle artists used to do back in the day like "a little bit of ecstacy", and "set you free" but it's more like a new school break beat when it switches over, and you will not here "that sound" that you hear in "set-u-free" and "A little bit of ecstacy" or "it feels so good". Support this album - it diserves to be played on the radio, and just because she's known for her dance/freestyle genre of music, that doesn't mean that the R&B songs shouldn't be played! - Same with Stevie B. albums 2001 and 1999.
Sharyn Maceren is one of the best new freestyle artists to support. Order her album now! It mixes the new style with the classic style of freestyle making it perfect freestyle music for today. Also check freestyle heaven vol.4 (by TONY MONACO) A GREAT COMPILATION OF NEW FREESTYLE ARTISTS including the new stevie b. (must get box set, volumes 1 - 4, to get freestyle heaven 4) order now at towerrecords.com - all 4 c.d.'s for less than $23.00 (including tax!)

Last edited: