How do U deal with racsim?

Delisious

New member
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Messages
438
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
47
Location
Deer Park LI, BUT OOO I MISS BROOKLYN!
So my little girl Kiana age 6 1st grade comes home today after a week off from school doesnt even take off her school bag or jacket when she begins to tell me...

" Momma, I was on the play ground and 3 little girls told me that the playground was only for white girls and because I am not white I cant play with anyone."

She is so upset, I asked what did she say? she said she told the teacher but the girls said it wasnt true. I totally intend on questioning what happened, But still in all I am upset over it. You would think after everything with the world that as young as they are this wouldnt be happening.

I may not be "white" but I was born and raised here with a love for all ppl no matter thier race or background and I raise my kids to see pass color.
How do you explain to little ones that not everyone is the same when you try to raise them to know that we are "All" the same no matter where we come from?

I have 4 kids, 3 girls and 1 boy ages 15, 8,6 and 4. The oldest is my step daugther but love her like I had her myself. This is a first for me.
 

CoOl_AL_FrM_qNs

New member
Joined
May 13, 2003
Messages
2,151
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
52
Location
in paradise with my one and only dreamgirl
i think u definately need to investigate this and find out the truth cuz im sure ur little girl wouldnt lie to u and i know someone had to say something so i think, well i know u must be piss off cuz god only knows i would be if my little girl were to tell me that some little ignorant girl told her that she cant play in the playground bcuz she aint a certain color of skin fuk that shit!! :mad i aint going for that so sweety put a stop to this b4 it gets any worse
 

Edalgiere

New member
Joined
Mar 24, 2002
Messages
7,983
Reaction score
3
Points
0
Location
any place where love is
comes from stupidty people forget that we all came from else where to make a better life man has come a long way technology wise but nature of man has yet to evolve with it
 

Delisious

New member
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Messages
438
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
47
Location
Deer Park LI, BUT OOO I MISS BROOKLYN!
CoOl_AL_FrM_qNs said:
i think u definately need to investigate this and find out the truth cuz im sure ur little girl wouldnt lie to u and i know someone had to say something so i think, well i know u must be piss off cuz god only knows i would be if my little girl were to tell me that some little ignorant girl told her that she cant play in the playground bcuz she aint a certain color of skin fuk that shit!! :mad i aint going for that so sweety put a stop to this b4 it gets any worse

I know she isnt lieing Because that is something you learn and it wasnt learned here! I am going to the school tomorrow.
 

MARKLUVZCYNTHIA

New member
Joined
May 18, 2001
Messages
1,589
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
40
Location
DC
Definitely investigate and make sure the school knows that this happened and request to be posted on what actions were taken. It's been my experience that schools don't really pay as much attention to these types of thing unless you get up in their face.

To explain this type of thing to a kid is hard because they really can't understand it right off the top. To explain racism you gotta explain ignorance. Also let her know that they gotta problem and it ain't hers so don't sweat it. Just as long as she knows there's absolutely nothin wrong with her, because that's probably what she's thinking.
 

lilshygyrl

New member
Joined
Apr 6, 2002
Messages
1,603
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
40
Location
Chicago
i think its sad. where i live.alot of the black people dont seem to like any of us whites. my little sisters are called names and stuff at school because of it. their always yelling at us for something. it's like 'chill out!I dont have a probelm with you.' So I just mind my own business, and ignore it. I dont want a fight.Its like, 'why cant we just all get along??damn!'
 

Krystal

New member
Joined
Dec 29, 2001
Messages
24,850
Reaction score
5
Points
0
Age
50
Location
New Orleans, LA
Deliza! So sorry this happened to your lil one. You need to request a conference with the Principal of the school and the parents of the other children cuz obviously those lil witches learned that ish from somewhere. :mad
 

LaBettyBoop

New member
Joined
Oct 15, 2002
Messages
17,722
Reaction score
7
Points
0
Location
In NYC handling my biz!!!!
Delisious said:
So my little girl Kiana age 6 1st grade comes home today after a week off from school doesnt even take off her school bag or jacket when she begins to tell me...

" Momma, I was on the play ground and 3 little girls told me that the playground was only for white girls and because I am not white I cant play with anyone."

She is so upset, I asked what did she say? she said she told the teacher but the girls said it wasnt true. I totally intend on questioning what happened, But still in all I am upset over it. You would think after everything with the world that as young as they are this wouldnt be happening.

I may not be "white" but I was born and raised here with a love for all ppl no matter thier race or background and I raise my kids to see pass color.
How do you explain to little ones that not everyone is the same when you try to raise them to know that we are "All" the same no matter where we come from?

I have 4 kids, 3 girls and 1 boy ages 15, 8,6 and 4. The oldest is my step daugther but love her like I had her myself. This is a first for me.


Mama, I myself have 4 kids. 3 boys and 1 girl. And let me tell you that there's no right way to explain to them about racism and ignorance. You just be honest. They will understand more as they grow up. We teach our kids as best as we know how, but when they're in school, this is where they find out everything. About racism, sex, drugs, violence, etc. It's beyond our control and very much sad because those girls in the playground that told your daughter that remark must've heard it from their own homes. From their own parents. And that is how they learned to say racist remarks.

Remember you answer all of your daughters questions HONESTLY. You tell her some people don't like other people because of their skin color, or their accents, etc..............

Good luck mama.................And talk to her because she must be real hurt. Bendito. :(
 

aim4night

New member
Joined
Mar 16, 2001
Messages
6,453
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
50
Location
jersey
i'd be pissed. some whites r plain ignorant. i blame the parents. dont know how to live in yr. 2004.
 

aim4night

New member
Joined
Mar 16, 2001
Messages
6,453
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
50
Location
jersey
my parents raised me to have friends of all nationalities. i lived in a mixed town. i had alot of black friends. now i like spanish more then my own race.

i raise my son to like everyone.his step brother is cuban. he has spanish on his dad's side.

my sister raises her kids to be friends with everyone. we live in a multicultural country no longer is it acceptable or should it be tolerated to be racist.:mad
 

Nyasia

New member
Joined
Jan 2, 2001
Messages
18,742
Reaction score
4
Points
0
Dee, raise your daughter to be better than them skanks in training. Let them know that NOBODY, NOBODY hsoul dbe made to feel shame that way. ~ and then give me the address to thier home~..lol seriously though, let Kiana know she is just as good as everyone else.
 

Delisious

New member
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Messages
438
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
47
Location
Deer Park LI, BUT OOO I MISS BROOKLYN!
U all know I cant wait to get to her school tomorrow. Kiana is easy to talk to and says she understands. She seems happier than when she walked through the door. Unfortunately I am not. Thanks for the input on this everyone.

Naya...somehow I knew you would want thier address LMAO.
 

Delisious

New member
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Messages
438
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
47
Location
Deer Park LI, BUT OOO I MISS BROOKLYN!
U all know as an adult U automatically know how to deal with it. At 6 they are way to innocent to even understand why...But they still get hurt. I have been blessed with some great kids and I will not let ignorance ruin that for me.
 

lilshygyrl

New member
Joined
Apr 6, 2002
Messages
1,603
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
40
Location
Chicago
yep ingornace. you should see my mailbox its been knocked over, hit by cars, dented up from being hit by sticks. and its all done on purpose. and what do i ever do to anyone...? notta damn thing!im currently trying to move.so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ing ignorant!uggghhh
 

Delisious

New member
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Messages
438
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
47
Location
Deer Park LI, BUT OOO I MISS BROOKLYN!
lilshygyrl said:
yep ingornace. you should see my mailbox its been knocked over, hit by cars, dented up from being hit by sticks. and its all done on purpose. and what do i ever do to anyone...? notta damn thing!im currently trying to move.so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ing ignorant!uggghhh

Damn...I honestly have never had to deal with that. I have only heard and read about racism. This is all new to me.
 

Psycho

New member
Joined
May 1, 2002
Messages
3,073
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
43
Delisious said:
So my little girl Kiana age 6 1st grade comes home today after a week off from school doesnt even take off her school bag or jacket when she begins to tell me...

" Momma, I was on the play ground and 3 little girls told me that the playground was only for white girls and because I am not white I cant play with anyone."

She is so upset, I asked what did she say? she said she told the teacher but the girls said it wasnt true. I totally intend on questioning what happened, But still in all I am upset over it. You would think after everything with the world that as young as they are this wouldnt be happening.

I may not be "white" but I was born and raised here with a love for all ppl no matter thier race or background and I raise my kids to see pass color.
How do you explain to little ones that not everyone is the same when you try to raise them to know that we are "All" the same no matter where we come from?

I have 4 kids, 3 girls and 1 boy ages 15, 8,6 and 4. The oldest is my step daugther but love her like I had her myself. This is a first for me.

Explain to your daughter in simplist terms how what they said was wrong and that she shouldn't pay any mind to what the girls said. After all they're kids and are gulable, they really don't know what they're saying or the extent to what they're saying. Most likely it's that they're repeating something they've heard.
 

Delisious

New member
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Messages
438
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
47
Location
Deer Park LI, BUT OOO I MISS BROOKLYN!
Psycho said:
Explain to your daughter in simplist terms how what they said was wrong and that she shouldn't pay any mind to what the girls said. After all they're kids and are gulable, they really don't know what they're saying or the extent to what they're saying. Most likely it's that they're repeating something they've heard.

I thinks those girls knew enough about what they were saying to let my daughter stay alone in the Playground. They have heard it yeah...The sad part is that they have heard it so much that they are acting out on it.
 
Top