Hello! I am the new owner of ClubFreeStyle

bkleinhe

Reaction score
Happy Holidays to all ClubFreestyle.com members and visitors! I recently acquired ClubFreestyle.com and ClubFreestyle.net from Jack. I own hundreds of sites, but my focus right now is on music and entertainment.

In the coming weeks I will be rolling out a new design for CF as well as upgrading the forums, etc. I haven't met all (or any) of the moderators at this point. but I have no plans on making any changes.

I apologize to those of you who had sites on ClubFreestyle.net. The company (Community Architect) that hosted those sites was pretty much defunct. After repeated attempts to contact them via phone and email, I decided to just switch the DNS and start fresh. Your sites are still there, and I will gladly set up subdomains on clubfreestyle.net for those of you who want to continue with your sites. Or I'll give you a free account on the server with a completely new domain...from what I could tell there weren't that many accounts..I couldn't even get the company to give me a listing of how many accounts there were. Sorry about that.

The new ClubFreestyle.net is a social networking site. For now, it's very similar to myspace in terms of look and feel. In the future, my developers will develop more hybrid functionality and hopefully it will grow into a very cool place where we can all gather in addition to ClubFreestyle.com. The more people I can get to start adding profiles and testing the site, the better ability I have to get in and fix all the errors and roll up my sleeves to make it a pretty kick ass place to meet and share information (in addition to CF.com).

I am open to any and all suggestions. I have a team of developers and pretty much all suggestions will be considered.

I don't know a lot about Freestyle music. So I look forward to learning as much as I can and helping promote the cause whenever and however I can. Some of my other music sites get over 100,000 unique visitors per day...they can be a powerful platform for introducing new songs and new artists as well as kicking off new styles of music.

I type fast and don't proofread all that often, so please excuse my spelling...if there isn't a spell checker on here yet...there should be!

Thanks for your patience and I look forward to learning more about Freestyle music and meeting more of the members of this board.

I am travelling a lot in the next 6 weeks, so you won't hear much from me. But I will be checking this thread (or perhaps creating a new one) where everybody can throw in their two cents about what they would like to see happen with the site.

Thanks for your time and Happy Holidays!

Brent

ChuckD

The Gay Lord of Freestyle
Reaction score
Hello Brent!

Nice to meet you! Hope to get to know you better in the near future.

I am one of the members who had a site on the old network. I am unable to access it now, but if you assure me it's still there, I believe you. Anything you can do to get it back up and running would be great! I'm not very computer savvy, so any help will be appreicated.

As for suggestions here, one subject that needs to be worked on is the chatroom. Many users here find it annoying. They get dropped, the web cam spaces don't work, and the room "remembers" names, so if someone gets booted, and they resign it, they either show in the room twice, or have to enter in with a new name.

Also, when the bans were lifted with JackG's departure, member Kenny Guido began to post again. However, he now says that he can't post here. He can read the site, but can't participate. Is there something you can do to rectify this?

Talk to you soon.

ChuckD.

k7ktu

Reaction score
hi sheriff
i'm just one of the elder town people round these parts.
i'd like to welcome ya to our little humble shot'em up .
our last sheriff was a nice guy .
hope your as nice as he was ....[walking away as i chew on a straw]

RemixUS

Reaction score
so you are telling me someone who knows nothing about freestyle is the owner and person who is going to run this site......

well then, not sure how much longer i will be around

bkleinhe

Reaction score
That's too bad, because I'm a quick study and if there's one thing I learned so far in life, the head guy doesn't need to be an expert, but the people he / she surrounds himself with do...that's what I am relying on the good people of this board, the moderators, etc.. will keep it going during the time while we I am learning more about the movement....

RemixUS said:
so you are telling me someone who knows nothing about freestyle is the owner and person who is going to run this site......

well then, not sure how much longer i will be around

Enigma

Reaction score
There is a first for everything in life.

Welcome to Clubfreestyle Brent! :cheers

Brent it's cool to hear about the new changes that will take in affect. It's time for a change here. I feel the need for a new improved and happier atmosphere. Hopefully when you come back and are more active you and us moderators can sit back and discuss a few subjects to make Clubfreestyle a more diverse and fun place to be in.

Enjoy your traveling and happy Holidays!

:dpeace

Dianita

Reaction score
Hi Brent! Welcome to CF. I wish you lots of luck with our site. Hopefully as you get better acquainted with freestyle, may you grow to love it as much as we do. As you spent more time here, you'll notice we're all like one big family. And like any family, there are rough moments here and there, and theirs even the occasional nutcase that we might wanna disown, but for the most part, the way we all support each other is one of the things that make it so great here. The level of trust here is just amazing. There are very few sites that I would feel comfortable posting pics of my child, while I have no problem sharing pictures or news here. I am eager to see improvements you may have planned, and once again welcome and good luck.:)

Freestylepete

Reaction score
Welcome aboard brent How to speak with you in the near future about an idea or two.

Harv Roman

Radio Personality : WCEV 1450 AM Chicago
Reaction score
Welcome from the Windy City...

Brent;

You're about to find out that this community/movement is like no other that you may have experienced. We invite to to experience the music, meet the artists and get to know as many of us as you can...whether or not you have a background in Freestyle and it's past and/or present, we have to appreciate that you and the renewed Clubfreestyle will play a vital role in it's future.

Thanks for investing in this site and it's many members. If you hadn't decided to pursue this opportunity...well, I just shudder when I think about sites such as latinfreestyle.com who have gone on to internet heaven...

Harv Roman

bkleinhe

Reaction score
Thanks for the support! Nothing would be better than to come visit with some of you and to attend some events and see what it's all about! My wife and I were just married in October...and we do quite a bit of travelling...is NYC pretty much where it all happens? We live in North Carolina...building out a small vineyard and winery...but we get up to NYC quite a bit...we both moved to NC from downtown Minneapolis...little too cold in Minnesoooota.

Brent

demore

Reaction score
HELLO BRENT AND WELCOME. I hate to sound like a wet blanket but let me break it down to you in a way im sure no one has yet. You said you don't know much about freestyle and thats ok because there are many peeps here who pretend to know about freestyle but in reality don't know shit. There are also many peeps here who are constantly putting down FS music but who claim to love it. Also the mods here are like the web police and if you are not in the click and say something that might stir up a good conversation they either close the thread or ban your ass. Then there are some who use their "power" to close your thread only after they say what they have to say. Not everyone is currupt. There are some truely good people who will be real no matter who likes it but for the most part this has not always been an open forum where one can express their views without pissing off the powers that be. I am hoping you bring some changes to this site so that people who want to express their opinions are not treated like they committed a crime and we are able to learn from one another instead of putting each other down. Freestyle lovers are very passionate about their music and this should be a place where we can all grow and discover new reasons why we love the music. Good luck with the site.

RemixUS

Reaction score
brent

how did you aquire the site?
will this site generate profit for you?
is that the motivation since you do not know about freestyle music

ChuckD

The Gay Lord of Freestyle
Reaction score
demore said:
Also the mods here are like the web police and if you are not in the click and say something that might stir up a good conversation they either close the thread or ban your ass. Then there are some who use their "power" to close your thread only after they say what they have to say. Not everyone is currupt. There are some truely good people who will be real no matter who likes it but for the most part this has not always been an open forum where one can express their views without pissing off the powers that be. I am hoping you bring some changes to this site so that people who want to express their opinions are not treated like they committed a crime and we are able to learn from one another instead of putting each other down.

It's the job of the mods to be on the watch for rude behavior, and do our best to contain it.

This has been explained to you, a few times. Say what you want to say without being rude about it.

Don't like it, then don't come back. It's that simple.

And by the way, it's "clique", not "click".

Latin Nation

Recording / Performing Artist
Reaction score
Welcome Brent, Lets keep it positive peeps and welcome him. Lets not start on the wrong foot. Let's give the man a chance to prosper and learn from us. New Year is coming so let's break it for 2006! K nice to see you posting again bro.

yahaira

Recording / Performing Artist
Reaction score
Dianita said:
. As you spent more time here, you'll notice we're all like one big family. And like any family, there are rough moments here and there, and theirs even the occasional nutcase that we might wanna disown, but for the most part, the way we all support each other is one of the things that make it so great here. The level of trust here is just amazing. :)

Hello Brent and Welcome to the C.F Family,

Im one of the old members I ve been around almost since the begining of C.F i have seen many changes and met many good people, like Dianita said C.F is like a family there is DRAMA once in a while but then again what family doesn't have Drama right :) anyway if you don't know anything about freestyle just listen to some tracks you will find it so addicting you may even fall in love with the music like we all did....Welcome to CF

Krystal

Reaction score
ChuckD said:
It's the job of the mods to be on the watch for rude behavior, and do our best to contain it.

This has been explained to you, a few times. Say what you want to say without being rude about it.

:director PREACH mah brotha!!!!!!!! :lol

Welcome to our cyberland playground Brent! You'll meet many people here...some good and some bad. Like Dianita said...there's always that one that you want to banish from the family! LMAOOOOO

Hope you enjoy it here and learn to love the music that brings us all together here! :)

Dave G>

Reaction score
Welcome Brent! I'm sure you'll learn alot about Freestyle and have a blast in the process.

demore

Reaction score
ChuckD said:

you should know "clique" because you are one of the ring leaders... here are some more words you should know " corrupt', "rude", "unfair"... shall I go on?
and by the way im just telling the man what to expect and that the pretty picture that some of you may paint has some cracks. when jackG left he said don't be afraid to speak your mind so im taking his advice.