Genius- Stop The Pain

Orgntr1

Reaction score
Paterson, NJ A reject city with good New York su
Has anyone heard this song? This song comes from Romania and sounds very much like freestyle. I'd say in my opinion that it is. Genius is a romanian group and in this particular number they sing and rap in it. Very rare and hard to find. I found it very impressive. Very original. I liked it alot.

sugi

Reaction score
ROMANIA...I THINK THE FORMER EASTERN BLOCK COUNTRIES...HAS A LOT OF TALENT...THAT WILL SHOW UP IN THE YEARS TO COME....
RAP,DANCE(ALSO FREESTYLE ALIKE...HOUSE...ETC.)
...I KNOW FOR SURE THAT RUSSIA IS NOT BEHIND!!!...I HAVE TAPES WITH RUSSIAN RADIO....GOOD FUNKY STUFF + ONE SLAMMIN VOCALDEEPHOUSETRACK...
ON ONE OF THESE TAPES I RECORDED...IT SOUNDS LIKE N.Y. DEEPHOUSE...
BUT WITH RUSSIAN(MALE)VOCAL OVER IT...!!!
...IN THE DANCECLUBS IN MOSCOW & SAINT PETERSBURG...90% OF THE MUSIC THE DJ's IS PLAING...IS RUSSIAN EURODANCE...I HAVEN'T HEARD A TRACK THAT SOUNDED LIKE FREESTYLE....I LAST VISITED RUSSIA IN 2000...
...BUT THEY PLAY LATIN,SOUL,JAZZ,FUNK,REGGAE(POP) & RAP...ON THE RADIO...NOT ONLY U.S. ARTISTS...ALSO RUSSIAN ARTISTS!!!...

SUGI WUGI...:)

Orgntr1

Reaction score
Paterson, NJ A reject city with good New York su
Everyone. I will have the video for Genius "stop the pain" to be broadcasted on my website over thanksgiving break. I will let you guys know when its ready on this thread. So check back. I will also have a rare freestyle download available as well (not from europe).

bassbump

Reaction score
Poland's Dance band UNITED has an amazing freestyle track titled "United is back" on tehir album u.n.i.t.e.d. from 2001 on Tic Tac Records/Sony Music; check it out!

bassbump

Reaction score
The site for tic tac records is down. I could email the tracks on mp3 format if someone can post it on their site. any help? Francis., maybe we can arwange something on the french site?

Last edited:

bassbump

Reaction score
> United's album also has eurodance and vocal trance cuts.

> Polish-Canadian "Captain GQ" also had a freestyle and eurodance hit with his cover of Stevie B's "Spring Love". The polish cd pressing might still be available at www.europemusic.com and I will post a sample of the track. The eurodance mix were also licensed to Odeon Records back in 1999 or so.

> There are three other electro dance groups in Poland "twisted feet" "xtraz"and "Camey", clones to freestyle project, Flying Steps, music instructor and Boomfunk MC's.

> Their videos feature them breakdancing on that famous electro and planet rock beat also used by United's "united is back". I will post a sample of their singles "twisted feet-future dance" and "xztraz - electro feet (bad robotic english accent)and "camey-breakin" as i get the chance to post it on a web site link shortly.

Last edited:

bassbump

Reaction score
To Peter and Francis

I emailed you a link where to download the polish freestyle singles from United - United is back - along with xtraz and twisted feet.
If you know of a site that is prepared to house those tracks for sampling, please let me know but I can't post the mp3 link on here cause my friend has very limited bandwith.

For Captain GQ, they are all over kazaa

Enjoy United - UNited is back and let me know if you know of anyone that can house the track for sampling purposes.

POST YOUR COMMENTS BACK HERE after listening to United and Twisted Feet. International, broadcast quality polish freestyle, clones of Germany's Freestyle Project, Flying Steps and Music Instructor.

cheers,

gb

Last edited:

Peter

Reaction score
Germany.....where the Freestyle Scene is real quie
@ Bassbump,

i just listened to the song.......it´s good, but if they add more lyrics to the song it sounds better......
Personally i think, that the Freestyle Project and Music Instructor stuff is way better......

On the link you gace me, the 3 song on the site sound better for me than the United song......Just my Opinion.

But when they overwork the song i am sure it sounds really good then....