Eyra Gail - the album

S.A.Y.

Reaction score
Have a look at this line up of people behind the project (producers, writers, mixers):
Adam Marano, Charlie Baby Rosario, Dee Robert and Peter Monk of Paradigm, Lewis Martinee, Victor Franco...

What do you expect? Maybe the freestyle album of the year?!
Sorry, no... Believe it or not, there is NO freestyle track on the album.
I got the cd yesterday and I really enjoy some the dance tracks on there (especially "River Of Tears") but just one or two freestyle songs would have made this an outstanding cd.
But don´t get me wrong: If you like good dance music - get it!

:)

FreestyleTruth

Reaction score
I think the DJ Sammy vocals are 100% better on 'Heaven"

But Eyra Gail has a freestyle version of "Heaven" which is why i like Eyra Gail's version better ! :)

djrobg

Reaction score
the dj sammy vocals on heavan are a little computerized... eyra gail was on ktu and sang "heavan" acapella live and it sounded great.... i like her so much better. her album is alright, nothing spectacular, but its enjoyable.

SONYA

Reaction score
Is it or will it be out in Canada ne time soon?

R

Rhoq

Looks like this album has turned into yet another HUGE disappointment.

S.A.Y. - thanks for the heads up. I was actually looking forward to the album until you posted this thread!

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuckD

The Gay Lord of Freestyle
Reaction score
I remember the "excitment" when Erya Gail's "Heaven" hit on ktu, but the only time the station played the freestyle mix was when Johnny Budz played it.

If I remember right, someone from Eyra's "camp" came on talking about her upcoming album, and I asked if the freestyle version would be what was on the album, or the more "techno" sounding version. I never got an answer.

Someone else also asked if there was going to be freestyle on her album, and they never got an answer.

Unless I hear other hits from the album on the radio, I probably won't be buying it.

Last edited:

S.A.Y.

Reaction score
Just one or two pure freestyle tracks... Are we really asking to much???
This would have made the album interesting for different audiences and they could have sold more units.
Is this so hard to understand? Especially for so called marketing experts...?

There is also a version of La Rissa´s great song "Someone To Love Me" on the album. But believe me... It´s not a good one... And it´s also not freestyle.
This album could have been so much more...

Rhoq, I knew that a lot of freestyle fans were looking forward to it. This is why I posted...

djrobg

Reaction score
Hey... as long as Eyra is doing what she loves, we shouldn't crticize her.... sure i would love 2 hear freestyle on the album, but if thats not the vibe she was getting or what she was feeling for this album, then so be it.

Jason@atomic

Reaction score
I can't make Heads or Tails of the situation!

Adam Marano, Charlie Baby Rosario, Dee Robert and Peter Monk of Paradigm, Lewis Martinee, Victor Franco...

All those guys have musically paid their dues, and I'm sure want to jump to the next level. Maybe they feel they can't do it by producing/submitting a Freestyle track, on Eyra Gail' so-called "high profile" full length album.

2 sides of the coin:

Tails: (The Ass End?)
Lil' Louis and Jellybean never came back to their original fans and gave us new Freestyle music.

Heads: (The Smart End?)
No matter what direction Adam Marano takes with his music, he always comes back to Freestyle. Tony Moran after producing/remixing some of the biggest house hits ever, has produced some great new Freestyle for Rockell.

dathunder

Reaction score
I was wondering if Eyra was actually the Larissa that did Someone to Love Me. They sound alike. Does anyone know this? I plan on buying the album because I love all of those producers. Even if it's not freestyle I'm sure I'll enjoy the production.

S.A.Y.

Reaction score
dathunder... I was wondering about the same. When you look at the covers of the "Heaven" and "Someone To Love Me" singles, you must admit that they also look alike!

jparker

Reaction score
DJ Sammy's album, "Heaven" is out on August 6th but I haven't mentioned it here because there isn't any freestyle tracks on it.

jp

R

Rhoq

I had a chance to check-out Eyra Gail's album today while I was Tower Records. They had it at a listening station. 2 of the tracks on the album sounded ot me like they could pass as Progressive Freestyle.

The rest of the album was euro/trance/house and pop/R&B

CookieChris527

Reaction score
Eyra Gail

For those of you who were asking about Eyra being LaRissa, that's true, but she didn't do "Jay and Jane". I guess the record label didn't feel that the real LaRissa was "marketable" so when "jay and jane" did well on the radio, they got some girl from NY to do the performances (Kenji is her name) She of course was lip-syncing. Then, for some reason, they didn't want Kenji to record the rest of the LaRissa Album, so they found Eyra and asked her to record the rest of the album. That's when they released the single "someone to love me". THEN... the label ONCE AGAIN changed their mind and decided they wanted the Album under Eyra's real name (It's actually Eyra Gayol..but they used a stage name).

By the way, I was the one from Eyra's "camp" who wrote about Eyra's album release, but I'm only a friend of hers so I didn't really know what mixes were going on the album...Sorry!

P.S. Anyone going to beatstock can see her there.
Ciao! Christina (Chris)