Eyra Gail - "Biography"

R

Rhoq

The following is copied and pasted directly from the 24/7 Records/Artemis Records website... http://www.24SevenRecords.com

The bio is nice and her upcoming album looks promising. She has an impressive line-up of producers: Lewis A. Martinee, Adam Marano, Charlie "Babie" Rosario and others...

----------

EYRA GAIL BIOGRAPHY
“For a long time I thought I was cursed” she explains about the beginning of her life as a musician. Born and raised in Miami, Florida, Eyra Gail has always found herself drawn to music. As early as age three, she began her musical endeavors with her attempt at the violin, which subsequently turned into a four-year attempt at the piano, and an eight-month attempt at guitar with various other instruments woven throughout. “Every instrument I wanted to learn ended with me moving on to another, if it wasn't that my teacher got pregnant, it was that they became the captain of a cruise ship, funny but true, something always happened”, but that was until she found her outlet through singing.

Regardless of which instrument Eyra was attempting to tackle at the time, she always found herself performing on stage. As a child, she participated in various dance recitals, performing jazz, tap and ballet, but it wasn't until the 6th grade that she had her first solo singing performance. “I remember the anxiety of waiting for my cue, the feeling in my stomach like I was about to explode and the adrenaline rush that came with the applause. After that I was hooked!”

Eyra’s love and passion of stage began. She soon found herself performing in various musicals in middle school and high school, doing recitals and talent shows just for fun, or so she thought. “ I never thought that music would become my career”…After graduating with a 4.5 GPA from a magnet program at her high school, Eyra began to pursue her career choices. “The thought of being an entertainer never crossed my mind…until now.” Going to school, but still performing on the side, she was suddenly presented with an opportunity she couldn't turn down.

“My best friend told me a production company was looking for a singer and I auditioned never thinking twice about where that audition would take me. All of a sudden I found myself twenty years old, signing paperwork and flying off to record an album with no experience under my belt and no formal vocal training”.

Eyra worked with various songwriters and producers to put together a compilation of upbeat dance and pop songs with a touch of her own Miami Latin flavor. “The songs on the album are ones I think everyone can relate to in some way or another” she exclaimed. “I think that it is important when it comes to music as a genre for it to be a reflection of anyone’s personal experience, something that people can relate to. I was fortunate enough to work with a wonderful team of people and to have the love and support of my family and friends.”

Eyra's first single “Heaven” is a 2002 dance/pop version of the Bryan Adams smash of 1990. Produced by Adam Morano, this track will not only enjoy success at the clubs it is destined to be all over CHR Radio. Released in January on 24/7/Artemis Records, there is a tremendous interest from every major territory for this track. It could be the first hit for this talented young artist.

The self-titled album "Eyra Gail" will be released early spring 2002 and it contains tracks produced by Lewis Martinee, creator and producer of "Expose", The Berman Brothers, "Amber" and "The Real McCoy", Adam Morano,"Rockell", "Collage", "Lil Suzy", and "The Wise Guy Orchestra", Manny Mohr and Charlie Rosario from Chicago formerly known as "Twenty Fingers" and Robert and Monk, "Paradigm" and "Caprice" and "Fruit De La Passion".

Now with a few months passed and a completed album, Eyra Gail looks forward to the adventures that lie ahead. "So far, everything I never expected would happen has, so let's see where the tide takes me."

RUMMY-G

Reaction score
Eyra's first single “Heaven” is a 2002 dance/pop version of the Bryan Adams smash of 1990. Produced by Adam Morano, this track will not only enjoy success at the clubs it is destined to be all over CHR Radio
-----------

Uggghhhhhh

RUMMY-G

Reaction score
I haven't tuned into 102 in YEARS, my radio is usually tuned into 96.5 these days.

JOEDOCPA

Reaction score
i have not lisn to 102 in a while but i was bored on friday so i put it on and they played it and old school stuff from diamond girl just like the wind etc i was shocked.