Expose's Greatest Hits

mike4949

Reaction score
This is going to be a two sided thing. Expose's first two albums were mostly Freestyle. mainly their 1985,86,87 album: Exposre. But the last few albums after those were mostly up beat dance, ballards and light rock like songs made for WPLJ type listeners.

If you are an Expose fan you would like this collection of great songs. If you just like freestyle, this would not be the collection for you. Their music after 1990 was mainly ballards.

Since i'm an Expose fan, the album was worth the 12 bucks. If I was a freestyle fan, I would just go into the budget CD section and pick up Exposre.

Company B

Reaction score
Im a huge Expose' fan, & accuainted with members Gioia & original member Sandee'.
Their "Greatest Hits" album I thought waz pretty fair, considering that it did have all their "hits" plus some new songs, & some House/Club mixes of da classics.

I also got "Expose's Greatest Dance Mixes" that came out this year. I only got it cuz it had the original 1984-85 long version of "Point Of No Return" when they were called X-POSED, the long original version of "Exposed To Love", the 12" of "Let Me Be The One", & the "Mega-Mix".

I luv da "Mega-Mix"!
I had most of this stuff on vinyl & cassette, but not on CD. I coulda easily burned it from Vinyl, ....but im picky & like the original stuff with it's packaging. This collection coulda been better though.
They used the cover pic from the "Tell Me Why" single, - (Grrrr!). >: (

Again, it is a good CD if u are a fan of Expose', & rare 12-inch versions.
But the 12" versions do deliver da oldskool Freestyle, with extra beats & edits that are not heard on the "short" versions we always hear on the albums & compilations.

All in all, ...not a bad CD to have.

mike4949

Reaction score
Great review!! One thing to know is; many freestyle legends of the mid, late 80's who have Greastest hits CD's like Expose, Stevie B, Lisa Lisa and Safire?, is not all going to be freestyle. In the 90's, they had to jump ship to other genres had to do it to keep their recording contracts.

RoGeReM

Reaction score
I was disappointed by this CD in that the extended Freestyle version of Come go with me was missing and was replaced with that boring House Mix from their greatest hits CD.

Where was the extended version of "Point of no return" featuring Jeanette, Gioia and Ann? They always seem to have the original version on CD but not this one and I feel this is the better version. Another downfall, the Atomic (house) mix of "What you don't know" and the housey version of "Tell me why". What were they thinking when they threw this together?! The highlights of the CD are the extended mixes of "Let me be the one" and "Seasons Change", "Exposed to love" as well as the Megamix which was on the flip side of the Season's Change 12" single. Other than that, if you already own the CD of What you don't know you will already have the extended version of "When I looked at him".
I love Expose but they tried to make this CD into making people think they were more house music than Freestyle. Missing from this package is the extended Freestyle remix of "Stop, Listen, Look and Think". I give this maybe 3* out of 10.