DVD Packaging

frankie

Reaction score
Dont you think that the Dvd packaging looks old or is tired??I remember I used to want smaller packaging-like the jewl cases cd's are packed in.I hate wanting to buy a film and it's in that WB type paper packaging and when you pile your cd's the paper gets squeshed?Like many of you I have tons cd's that I never want to get rid of, but their packaging takes up so much space, they definitly need smaller packaging and be put in some jewl case-so you wont ruin the cover of the Dvd.I give it within a few years the packagings are gonna have to change. :wave

Enigma

Reaction score
frankie

What you are referring too from warner its called "snappers" and that is slowly changing as you can see warner and new line cinema are slowing embracing the amaray case. If you shop around you will see that old titles are in amaray now aka Austin Powers, Blade I, etc.

Putana

Reaction score
Currently makin' noize in Tampa Bay, Florida. Born
I'm just wondering what the devil happend to the INSERTS that used to be inside the DVD cases. It used to have chapter stops, sometimes tid bits about the movie & whatnot. Now U buy a DVD and its JUST the DVD! (Unless its a suped up special edition or something).

Enigma

Reaction score
Putana

I hate those inserts inside the cases lol I mean the dvd disc has it already on the screen. The more paper the more garbage.

Putana

Reaction score
Currently makin' noize in Tampa Bay, Florida. Born
Enigma said:
Putana

I hate those inserts inside the cases lol I mean the dvd disc has it already on the screen. The more paper the more garbage.

Ya think? Believe it or not, I know the DVD has their own chapter menu, but every now and then if I wanna show of a scene or something, I'd refer to the insert...now I gotta hit the damn MENU button, go to CHAPTER SELECTIONS, then scroll through the chapters (some of them are broken down to like 50 chapters, which can be a pain).

If I had the list I can just type in the chapter #.

Maybe my plight is petty, but I think the studios just got CHEAP!

Enigma

Reaction score
Putana said:
Maybe my plight is petty, but I think the studios just got CHEAP!

That is true ;)

Maybe for HD-DVD/Blu-Ray things will change?

frankie

Reaction score
yeah, I miss the dvd inserts also.Yesyerday, I was organizing my DvD collection and the amray cases take up to much space, they need a smaller special jewl case design.I have tons of WB films and that snapper thing sucks,I'm so glad there getting rid of it.I like the fact that music artists are also putting their music videos/concerts in smaller jewl cases.It fits perfectly with my cd collection.It does make sense to put them in cd jewl cases, after all it is music and it's easier to seperate my music Dvd with my regular films.

Enigma

Reaction score
frankie amen! I do wish they would have done better with jewel cases and not plastic cases. I am tired of them and they do take up space. When dvd movies started to first come out a few studios I think Universal, came out with jewel cases but then abandoned it. The idea of a well secured dvd in a jewel case...and a nice small booklet as the cover...is pretty awesome. Dayum how come some of these stuidos dont freakin think. :rolleyes

-ant

frankie

Reaction score
Enigma said:
frankie amen! I do wish they would have done better with jewel cases and not plastic cases. I am tired of them and they do take up space. When dvd movies started to first come out a few studios I think Universal, came out with jewel cases but then abandoned it. The idea of a well secured dvd in a jewel case...and a nice small booklet as the cover...is pretty awesome. Dayum how come some of these stuidos dont freakin think. :rolleyes

-ant
I think the studios are being cheap or they just dont want to confuse the consumer with a dvd or cd.They probably gonna have to change the design, I like the dual cd cases that JLO's cd is in, that's nice & different-they should do that with all music cd's and than put films in jewl cases.I have a feeling it will change in a few years, when consumers ask for a change.It's strange but the amray cases already look old-like laser disc's, I think a change is coming soon.