Classic Freestyle Album review....Lisa Lisa

ChuckD

The Gay Lord of Freestyle
Reaction score
Review of Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam with Full Force album.

Reviewed by Ron Wynn for AMG.

Lisa Velez's last name was forgotten after the single "I Wonder If I Take You Home" elevated Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam into the national spotlight. Her voice had the perfect mix of uncertainty, irony and edge, while Full Force's production was state-of-the-art for the time. There was also a fine ballad on the album, "All Cried Out," presenting Lisa Lisa's vulnerable side, and is arguably still her finest performance. Lisa Lisa and company eventually earned a platinum album and were on their way. - Ron Wynn

Review of the Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam album Spanish Fly

Reviewed by Ron Wynn for AMG

Full Force was still hot as they produced a second consecutive platinum LP for Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam. This time, the group scored two number one pop hits with "Head To Toe" and "Lost In Emotion," and even "Someone To Love Me For Me" had its moments. Lisa Lisa was an ingenue one moment and a tough, hardened survivor the next. The album peaked at number seven on the pop charts, but was also the apex of their union. Lisa Lisa was already beginning to show signs of strain, and the bottom would fall out on the next release. - Ron Wynn

GMONEY

Reaction score
WE ALL STILL JAM TO LISA LISA'S MUSIC AND I PERSONALLY CANT WAIT TO SEE HER LIVE.I REMEMBER SEEING HER IN 1985 AT THE PROVIDENCE CIVIC CENTER OPENING UP FOR NEW EDITION. SHE WAS GREAT THEN AND LIKE A FINE WINE I'M SURE SHE ONLY GETS BETTER WITH TIME. HOPEFULLY SHE'LL BE COMING TO MASSACHUSETTS SOON TO PERFORM LIVE.CANT WAIT TO SEE HER.

DiviniteeD

Reaction score
Not a whole lot now in Chicago. But bumpin back in
I was walking to class yesterday and passed a car parked listening to a Cam'ron song. The hook was Lisa Lisa's "I Wonder If I Take You Home" but they changed a few of the words. I got mad thinking they attached her song to a hip hop song, especially a Cam'ron joint. Does this tick off anyone else? I'll find the song to get the title.