~ Chupacabra Found In Texas ~

tanktruck

Reaction score
San Antonio *~*~The COVER GIRLS are Evelyn,
Chupacabra? DNA Testing Underway
LAST UPDATE: 8/9/2004 1:34:54 AM
Posted By: Dale Blasingame

It's a story that's attracted worldwide attention. A strange animal was shot dead on a south Texas farm and no one can seem to identify it. It's prompted some to wonder if it's the famed chupacabra.

That mystery animal has most everyone asking "what is it?" But we may soon have an answer. A rancher in Elmendorf shot the hairless animal after it killed more than thirty of his chickens. He then buried it on his property. Saturday, an organization that specializes in identifying strange animals dug up the remains. Rancher Devin Macanally hopes that animal's bones will now tell the tale.

"I thought by burying it in solid sand that it would last longer," said Macanally. "But it didn't."

Biologists dug up the animal's remains for DNA testing, a process that could take up to six weeks.

"They just dug as far as they needed to get the bone samples," said Macanally. "They wanted an ear, but they realized they couldn't get one."

Some believe this mystery mammal could be the chupacabra, the blood sucking animal of popular Mexican folklore. Macanally says whether it is, he just hopes he gets to name it and that it will stop eating his chickens. He plans to take the rest of the remains to the zoo in hopes they can identify it. Other labs across the country and the world have been contacting him trying to find out what this really is.

sietzsounds

Reaction score
tanktruck said:
It sure does! Just means I need to move over there around your neck of the woods and take my little pets!:nahnah
yeah come to boring crappin' island & liven things up... :sbounce

tanktruck

Reaction score
cArLiToS WaY said:
LOL...dude.....that photo looks like a baby/newborn goat. That's the only picture they could come up with!? :)

Is this the same Chupacabra that was spotted in the rainforest of El Yunque....and in my aunts backyard in Salinas? :yoplease
I don't know what kind of baby goats you have but that is not a baby goat. I'm telling you and there is a video as well to it let me find the link and post it.

tanktruck

Reaction score
S.A. Zoo Weighs-In on Chupacabra Debate
LAST UPDATE: 8/11/2004 9:51:09 PM
Posted By: CyberBob
Watch this story...

Is it a Chupacabra or not? WOAI.com is getting answers about a bizarre animal shot in Elmendorf.

Bones from a mystery animal shot by an Elmendorf rancher have been taken to an expert from the San Antonio Zoo. But can he tell what it is?

John Gramieri, the Mammal Curator at the San Antonio Zoo, doesn't think it's the Chupacabra. It's definitely unique, but he thinks it's a mix between a dog and a coyote.

Devin MacAnally shot the Elmendorph Beast after it ate dozens of his chickens. The animal has a blue-grey coloring, is almost hairless, has a short mane and large fangs.

“It's clearly a member of the dog family, a family candidate,” explains Gramieri.

Gramieri says he can't tell what type of canine, but that it could be mixed with coyote that has very weird teeth.

“For whatever reason, this animal had a very poor fusion in the front here, so it allowed that lower jaw to spread in a way that is not normal for any mammal, actually,” Gramieri told WOAI.

But what about the creature's color? A blue-grey hairless coat that's unlike any dog or coyote?

“It apparently had some very bad skin ailment,” said Gramieri. “And that skin ailment made it go bald except for the top of its body.”

So there’s no Chubacabra endorsements from the San Antonio Zoo, but MacAnally continues to believe it's something extra special. He knows its one man's opinion versus his, so he'll wait for the DNA results due back in the next few weeks to find out exactly what it is.

“I want this one to be a new species - or at least something that somebody has never seen in a cross between two different ones,” MacAnally said with a smile.

MacAnally says in the past few weeks he's gotten calls from other people claiming to have seen similar creatures around their properties. That's possible, according to the Gramieri. Gramieri believes that there are more out there.

LaBettyBoop

Reaction score
tanktruck said:
Chupacabra? DNA Testing Underway
LAST UPDATE: 8/9/2004 1:34:54 AM
Posted By: Dale Blasingame
http://cctvimedia.clearchannel.com/woai/chupacabra.jpg

It's a story that's attracted worldwide attention. A strange animal was shot dead on a south Texas farm and no one can seem to identify it. It's prompted some to wonder if it's the famed chupacabra.

That mystery animal has most everyone asking "what is it?" But we may soon have an answer. A rancher in Elmendorf shot the hairless animal after it killed more than thirty of his chickens. He then buried it on his property. Saturday, an organization that specializes in identifying strange animals dug up the remains. Rancher Devin Macanally hopes that animal's bones will now tell the tale.

"I thought by burying it in solid sand that it would last longer," said Macanally. "But it didn't."

Biologists dug up the animal's remains for DNA testing, a process that could take up to six weeks.

"They just dug as far as they needed to get the bone samples," said Macanally. "They wanted an ear, but they realized they couldn't get one."

Some believe this mystery mammal could be the chupacabra, the blood sucking animal of popular Mexican folklore. Macanally says whether it is, he just hopes he gets to name it and that it will stop eating his chickens. He plans to take the rest of the remains to the zoo in hopes they can identify it. Other labs across the country and the world have been contacting him trying to find out what this really is.

Again??? :rolleyes I was so tired of hearing about this chupacabra when it started and now you're bringing it back Tank! :mad Cono meng! No more.