Chicago's Energy 92.5/7 was sold. Sunday, January 5 last day of station.

RoGeReM

Reaction score
For all of you in Chicago, Energy 92.7/5 has been sold and will not continue the dance format further. This is sad news once again for the Chicago and Midwest area! I thought I would pass this along.
THIS IS NOT A RUMOR!!!!! Listen and call in if you like if you don't believe me. I am pi$$ed off right now!!!!!! Dance music will once again not be heard on the airwaves:-(

Roger

heidee14

Reaction score
WOW...THAT MESSED UP! THEY REALLY HAD SOMETHING
GOING.. I GUESS THEY GAVE IT THEIR BEST SHOT?
DEFINATELY GOTTA KEEP INSTILLING DANCE MUSIC ON
B96 & KISS FM!!! WE'VE GOTTEN PASSED THE DOOR
WITH IT LATELY..SO NOW THAT WE'RE IN, WE GOTTA MAKE
SURE WE DON'T GET OUT!........

& FOR YOUR FYI......
KISS FM/103.5..JUST STARTED A NEW SHOW CALLED
"CLUB KISS" WITH LEGENDARY DJ (EX B96-DJ)
~JULIAN "JUMPIN" PEREZ~..HE IS NEW ON AIR DJ, ON THE
WEEKENDS WITH THIS NEW SHOW PLAYING THE HIP HOP MIXES,
ETC, THEY HAVE A WHOLE NEW LINEUP OF DJ'S INCLUDING ONE
OF MY OLD FRIENDS, ~CHICAGO'S VERY OWN, DJ "NONSTOP"~
(FORMERLY ONE OF THE ~SWING KIDS~ OF K7)
WHO KNOWS, THEY MAY THROW IN SOME FREESTYLE!
HOPE YA CHECK THEM OUT! FRI/SAT/SUN-9PM.

RoGeReM

Reaction score
It is sad that all that really is left is B96 and KISS 103.5. They play too much hip-hop. Even though Energy didn't play alot of new Freestyle, they did play some, whereas B96 plays the old stuff. I heard someone saying that something like 93.3 in Chicago was playing some dance. I also heard a friend saying that Bobby D will be returning to B96 and some others. I also heard it is the 'New B96'. I don't know if anyone has any info about this. I would like to hear about it. If only B96 would go back to what they were playing from '90 - '96, then things would be better.

Pattyg81

Reaction score
OMG!Can't believe about ENERGY!!OH NO! I have been listening to ENERGY today and I have not heard anything on radio...I like ENERGY espicially because they play Freestyle Dance Music..I listen to Energy every day @ work, way home etc..I really don't like listening to B96 they like to play the same song over and over and over and it's all pop and hip, hop it's cool I don't mind listening that BUT OVER EVERY HOUR ON THE HOUR! auuuuh!! this is sad news on ENERGY..
They are playing "RAQUEL" on Energy right now..when is this going to take affect??

heidee14

Reaction score
ROG..THE PHRASING "THE NEW KILLER BEE" ON B96,
IS REFERRING TO THE "FLASHBACKS"(Freestyle)!
THE HAVE DECIDED TO INCLUDE FREESTYLE IN
THEIR REGULAR PROGRAMMING, THEREFORE THE'RE
CALLING IT THAT! ;)

heidee14

Reaction score
PATTY .. YEAH...TRILOGY, LOVE ME FOREVER
GEORGE, WITHOUT YOU,SWEET SENSATION, SINCERELY YOURS
JAYA, IF YOU LEAVE ME NOW ETC.
MORE I CAN'T REMEMBER RIGHT NOW!

Ph@tbreakz

Reaction score
Thats too bad about Energy 92 but if truth be told they played to much down tempo house and boring dreamy house like Telepop'
s Breathe.They shoud've played more Trance like songs like Something by Lasgo or Perpetuous's dreamer sound of goodbye.if they would have diversify on their dance sound maybe they would have not be sold.Nevertheless,they will be miss and it sux that we have one less real dance station to listen to.

RoGeReM

Reaction score
I agree about some of the disco house that they played on Energy Ph@tbreaks but they did play quite a bit of Trance. Sure there were times they flooded the station with more disco house than Trance but then more trance music would be added. Unfortunately most Freestyle and Breakbeat versions of songs were ignored.

As for the new killer Bee, why not add new Freestyle. I can listen to my old Freestyle anytime I want. I am not saying there is anything wrong with playing it but why can't they support the new music. I looked at their playlist yesterday and made the decision that I will definitely not be listening to them. I hate hip-hop and rap and have no desire to listen to that garbage. Energy was all dance and we were so lucky to have a station that played nothing but dance. I will have to probably listen to WKTU online or some other dance station but unfortunately they play hip-hop too. Why is that considered dance music nowdays. It is too slow to dance to. So many people support it that most stations feel the need to force that garbage down our throats. I hate to complain but it sucks that Energy let us down and sold the station which will probably lean towards a hip-hop market!

Ph@tbreakz

Reaction score
RoGeReM said:
I agree about some of the disco house that they played on Energy Ph@tbreaks but they did play quite a bit of Trance. Sure there were times they flooded the station with more disco house than Trance but then more trance music would be added. Unfortunately most Freestyle and Breakbeat versions of songs were ignored.

Your right Roger.The last couple of months they did play more Trance songs but it was too lil too late.I also find it strange that a dance station in Chicago didn't play any Chicago House music :confused

My friend just gave me a 2 record vinylcall best of house music vol 2: gotta have house.It has classic house stuff on there like Royal House "can you party" (caan u feeeel it) Kraze "the party"(ya want this party started right) Black Riot "A day in the life" LNR "work it to the bone" (come one lets work it to the bone..lets work) and even a house remix of Baby dont go by FFWD.

RoGeReM

Reaction score
I think that they felt, like Freestyle, that it just wasn't the hot genre of dance music at the time like Trance and Disco House. I am surprised that they didn't play more Breakbeat when the station came out in 2001 considering Breakbeat was actually a popular style of dance music at the time. Actually when the station first started Trance music was played quite a bit....maybe it was considered more Euro-pop...I don't know.

clubfossil

Reaction score
HEY!

HEY GUYS SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE STATION BEING SOLD, I'M FROM NEW YORK AND I UNDERSTAND WHAT IT IS TO LOOSE A GOOD STATION BUT I SAW SOMEONE POST THAT BOBBY D MAY BE PLAYING IN CHICAGO..LUCKY..I RECENTLY HEARD HIM PLAY ON KTU OUR DANCE STATION AND HE ROCKED THE HOUSE...IT'S A DAMN SHAME THE HOME PLACE WHERE HOUSE MUSIC BEGAN CAN'T EVEN GET A STATION TO PLAY ENUF FREESTYLE...THIS SAME THING IS HAPPENING IN FLORIDA A COUPLE STATIONS I LISTEN TO WHEN I'M OUT THERE,R NOW ONLY PLAYING HIP-HOP,R&B AND SOME CLASSIC HOUSE MUSIC AND NO FREESTYLE, THAT'S WHY I BRING MY FREESTYLE CD'S ALONG... PS SOME OF THAT JAZZY-PIANO MELLOW HOUSE ALSO DRIVES ME UP THE WALL...FREDDIE BRONX...:dj

heidee14

Reaction score
FOSSIL, YEAH, I THINK BOBBY DEE IS ONE OF THE DJ'S
IN THE MIXING LINEUP ALONG WITH JULIAN "JUMPIN" PEREZ,
MARIO "DJ NONSTOP" NIEVES
(SWING KIDS/K7),
AND MANY OTHERS, ON 103.5/KISS FM/CHICAGO!

clubfossil

Reaction score
HEY!

thanx heidee keep me informed maybe I can hear the station on my real one player..hum.....freddie..PS JULIAN AND NONSTOP ARE AWESOME TO...:thanks:dj

heidee14

Reaction score
JULIAN & NONSTOP KNOW THEIR STUFF
SO YA CHECK EM OUT! :listen
JULIAN JUST DID THIS MIX CD,
GL GAVE ME, IT'S PRETTY KOOL!;)

Ph@tbreakz

Reaction score
FOSSIL, YEAH, I THINK BOBBY DEE IS ONE OF THE DJ'S
IN THE MIXING LINEUP ALONG WITH JULIAN "JUMPIN" PEREZ,
MARIO "DJ NONSTOP" NIEVES (SWING KIDS/K7),
AND MANY OTHERS, ON 103.5/KISS FM/CHICAGO!

I'm going to have to tune in tonight.I saw DJ non stop with K7 before and he can definitely throw down.