Catch Me I'm Falling

PartyUpGirlz

Reaction score
Would "CATCH ME I'M FALLING" by PRETTY POISON be considered freestyle?

FreestyleFanattic

Reaction score
PartyUpGirlz said:
Would "CATCH ME I'M FALLING" by PRETTY POISON be considered freestyle?
What's up PPL,
As always a good debate topic,
1987 Catch Me I'm Falling {Pretty Poison} I do belive that track to be Freestyle, that is how I have it listed, also that track is on the Thump Records Freestyle Explosion Comp Cd Vol 1... and prob others I'm sure !
Some would say it's more Electro / I remember Chillin to that song when it was released....
One track that always comes to mind is : {Paris By Air} Voices In Your Head allot of folks say Electro / Freestyle
What r your thoughts ?
FreestyleFanattic

Kenny Guido

Staff member
Reaction score
its sorta boarderline. i worked as part of prety poisons road managment team and they were thrown into the freestyle world but I just consider them "dance/pop" along with tiffay, taylor dayne and debbie gibson.

Kid Heartbreak

Reaction score
That is not freestyle. I hate it when peeps try saying it is. It's like they think that if you associate freestyle with pop enough times that people will view freestyle as pop music thus making it more marketable :rolleyes:, so lame.

RobfromCanada

Reaction score
remove the commercial success factor of such a track, and the fact that it was firstly an independent label club release, it IS freestyle. just like nightime, and my favourite when i look into your eyes.

el chido

Reaction score
Border Line I would say.......mainstream Hit back in the day,but I wouldn't consider It Classic Freestyle!

Kid Heartbreak

Reaction score
remove the commercial success factor of such a track, and the fact that it was firstly an independent label club release, it IS freestyle. just like nightime, and my favourite when i look into your eyes.

I see what you're saying, but not everything that was an independent label club release back in the 80s was necessarily a freestyle record. One must look at the drum sequencing & just that alone would eliminate it from being freestyle. Nevermind the vocal arrangement. There is a very distinct difference between 80s pop & freestyle music.

CEESIL

ClubFreestyle Power DJ
Reaction score
i always considered it freestyle with a pop feel, but def freestyle.

Dude111

Reaction score
Back in the 80s i didnt even know the term "FREESTYLE"

Ah man!!

Dude111

Reaction score
I guess if these guys here think its freestyle they should know Sal (They are into that format i guess more than we are)

I hope you arent mad at me or anything BTW,i have PMed you but you havent responded :(