Bootlegged Kings & Queens Of Freestyle Dvd

Lisa Santana

Reaction score
OMG!!! I was at the market on 125th St in Harlem and found copies of The Kings and Queens of Freestyle DVD and VHS on bootleg. I couldn't believe it. last week someone offered me a copy and today I found it on the street. I was tempted to buy it to see what kind of quality it was in. It was selling for $8.00 I told the guy that what he was doing was wrong, his only reply was "I don't make them". They had all the latest movies too, I'm talking about movies that are out right now. Incase anyone wants to confront them it is on 125th St and Malcolm X. The guy is always out there, you can't miss it. I feel we should all meet out there and confront these crooked vendors. I feel the release of that DVD was a great thing and a major step for Freestyle and I am willing to do whatever I can to help. I hope the person who made the DVD sees this, does anyone know who it is?

CEESIL

ClubFreestyle Power DJ
Reaction score
IT'S BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS, IT SEEMS TO BE NO STOPPING TO THIS,,

Krystal

Reaction score
*shakin head* Some people! LMAO!

Best thing for us to do is to get the dvd from a legitimate source. I dunno that confronting the vendor will do any good.

SiameseSher

Reaction score
Here(below) is the place where they mastered the dvd.
http://www.tfkmedia.com/kq.html

At Amazon, the price is about 13bucks. =)

When you see this stuff, it is a duty to report it. Bootlegging cheats people who worked hard on their material, and gets no credit nor monies. Give these people as much info as possible. This stuff can be dealt with the Fed govt since it is copyright infringement.

Enigma

Reaction score
It's illegal to do that. But...being it's done so much...they get away with it. :crap

-ant

P.S: The quality must be horrifying...on Video CD not on DVD! A DVD blank disc costs more than $15 bucks.

Kenny Guido

Staff member
Reaction score
not for nothing, BOOTLEGGING has been around for DECADES!!

& whats funny, the vendor on the streets of NY really cant get into trouble UNLESS he has more than $2000 worth of bootlegs! isnt that a shame?

I witnessed bootleggers being simply "shooed" away by NYPD on one of NYC busiest streets only to come back minutes later!

face it, like many of the online song swapping sites, boots are here to stay!

Kenny Guido

Staff member
Reaction score
Enigma said:
It's illegal to do that. But...being it's done so much...they get away with it. :crap

-ant

P.S: The quality must be horrifying...on Video CD not on DVD! A DVD blank disc costs more than $15 bucks.

I have seen them and let me tell you, you CANNOT tell the difference between the original and a fake! (unless you are looking at the covers, where they are slightly "offset" with printing)

They are "DIGITALLY" copied.

Lisa Santana

Reaction score
Does anyone know how artist get paid (if they do)from the sale of DVD like the The Kings and Queens?

Enigma

Reaction score
KENNY GUIDO said:
They are "DIGITALLY" copied.

Not the majority of the times...the majority they use regular CD. And since DVD plays video cd...well

:)

-ant

Lisa Santana

Reaction score
Hey Enigma, what are you talking about? I asked "How do artist get paid from the sale of DVDs?"

Nyasia

Reaction score
Lisa, that is all stated in thier contracts.

All sales of music , tpes, cds, dvd's commercials..and so on is all in thier contracts. every artist has different stipulations...so it depends on the label contract that they sign.

SiameseSher

Reaction score
Lisa Santana said:
Does anyone know how artist get paid (if they do)from the sale of DVD like the The Kings and Queens?

It can be very confusing, it can be as complicated as sports atheletes contracts with many stipulations or can be easy as a flat fee, or even free for services. Each agreement can be varied. =) Unless they publicly discuss the matter of the business deal will remain unknown.

NYASIA, I will slip you a 20 under the table, cause I basically repeated what you said ;)

:wave

Kenny Guido

Staff member
Reaction score
Enigma said:
Not the majority of the times...the majority they use regular CD. And since DVD plays video cd...well

:)

-ant

so, you can copy a movie from a cd player now? your losin me!!

ive seen the set ups they use now. its very, very expensive.

SiameseSher

Reaction score
cd's can play 2 forms of media one is audio the other is called, vcd.(video compact disc)
Bootleggers instead of getting a blank dvd which is about 10-20 bucks
they can get a CD-R which is about 50 cents to a buck and copy the movie to their. The length for vcd is about 72 minutes but you might see a multi volume bootleg if you know what I mean.

Most dvd players can play cds and vcds.

Enigma

Reaction score
By the way...it's possible to copy an entire DVD movie on a regular cd believe it or not. As I recalled the guy who invented it...who was 15 was arrested...and a company hired him to be a future employee :p

-ant

ekin got rice

Reaction score
KENNY GUIDO said:
Is there a difference in the quality in a CDR vs VCD?

vcd are burn onto a CDR which then can be played in most DVD Players. Quality is definitely not as good as a regular DVD. Theres also a newer format called SVCD (Super VCD) which has very very good quality but will usually be on 2-3 CDR which is still cheaper than a blank DVD-R