"Bangin Beats" Volume 2 mixed DJ Steve Callo & DJ Paradise-release date/track listing

Nyasia

Reaction score
latin babe boi said:
I have to say that DJ Steve Callo and DJ Paradise have out done themselves with these mixes. Disc 1 brought back alot of great memories from the late 80's and eventough they are classic Mic Mac songs the mix was perfect, Disc 2 is a wonderful updated sound from the past, that will in time become the new classic's for this generation and the mix is flawless. My hats off to both of you DJ's. I can not take this CD out of the CD player. I love the song's from Ashley, Legit, Ayna, Stephano, Aby, Liscyn and of course Nyasia. Speaking of Nyasia, when is your album coming out, if "Love & Harmony" is any indication of things to come. I say come now. LOL All the best to all the artist. This Cd is off the HOOK, babi. Can you say EVOLUTION. I can not wait for part 3, assuming there will be a part 3.

Peace, Love & Harmony

thank you very much Latin babe boi! :) the album has been delayed due to some other ideas we are working on. ;)

Last edited:

D.J. Paradise

Reaction score
LatinBabeboi, what she said ;D

Sietz, email Mickey at micmac@nj.rr.com or mickey@micmacrecords.com and give him all the info...the confirmation numbers, etc...

Not making excuses, but Mickey has been traveling doing shows and working on all these other releases. It will get to ya brutha,lol....

Thanx for all who are supporting the cd...

RoGeReM

Reaction score
I wish this was a non-mixed compilation. What is up with all these mixed compilations these days!? I think most people would want the whole song not one that is mixed in and out. The sad thing is, all the new songs on the mix CD probably won't be available to purchase as a single. I know that once I hear something is mixed, I avoid buying it altogether.

D.J. Paradise

Reaction score
RoGeReM said:
I wish this was a non-mixed compilation. What is up with all these mixed compilations these days!? I think most people would want the whole song not one that is mixed in and out. The sad thing is, all the new songs on the mix CD probably won't be available to purchase as a single. I know that once I hear something is mixed, I avoid buying it altogether.
Hey Roger,
This is my opinion on your question...

There are artist still making Freestyle, but have no label to put it out on (with the exception of a few: NuImage, Ayne, Ashley), so they submit it to a mixed comp with hope that maybe, someone will like it enough to pick it up, to then be released. I think if it weren't for the mixed comps and some Internet Radio stations, New school wouldn't get heard at all. I believe James Anthony is now slipping in a New School song every week which is an great thing, but you are asking for a cd with all these new school songs? At this point, no label is going to do that. For now, fans have to settle for the mixed comps and forums like this one, to atleast, get a taste of what new school is out.
I mean, you never know what will come from the mixed comps.
Hey, it's a start right and this was in no way to try to change your mind on getting the Bangin Beats or any other mixed comp, but again, to try to answer your question.

Take vcare and have a great day...
DJ Paradise

Menage3

Reaction score
from me Ricky VAz:

I am happy to be apart of this mega mix comp, along with these fellow new skool artist that are trying their best to make this happen for all of us. mega mix or comp. as long ad u can hear it is good enough for me, everyone has done such a good job as far as there tracks go, myself included cause I know I did put alot of time on my track and working on new material everyday, PLease I ask u guyz not to get discouraged in purchasing this com or anything wiht freestyle cause all it does is show that we still have a great Market out there. TO PARADISE AND STEVE U GUYZ DID AN AWESOME JOB, AND FREESTYLE DO UR PART AND SHOW THE LOVE!!!

dj steve callo

Reaction score
Thanks Menage, I appreciate it. DJ Paradise, you and Menage are absolutely right. Without the mixed compilations, I can't just turn on my radio anymore to hear new freestyle.

And Roger, to answer your question in a different angle, I think you will find on my mix, I pretty much used the whole song, both verses, 2 or 3 choruses, and the breaks (some edited down) so there is still the feel and element of a full track.

Thanks,

DJ Steve Callo

Nyasia

Reaction score
and I beleive that Paradise did the same, most if not all the song is there to be heard :)

Hey ROG! :)

and I agree with both Callo and paradise, most of these songs can't be heard if not on comps..unfortunately...

D.J. Paradise

Reaction score
dj steve callo said:
Thanks Menage, I appreciate it. DJ Paradise, you and Menage are absolutely right. Without the mixed compilations, I can't just turn on my radio anymore to hear new freestyle.

And Roger, to answer your question in a different angle, I think you will find on my mix, I pretty much used the whole song, both verses, 2 or 3 choruses, and the breaks (some edited down) so there is still the feel and element of a full track.

Thanks,
DJ Steve Callo
Sup Steve...great point.
Was going to mention that on my first post...
I also used both verses, chorus and break before it was mixed into the next song. That is the majority of the song cause after the break, it usually goes back to the same chorus, so again, you are getting alot more than you think.

Again, it's better than nothing and should be thankful that there is an outlet to hear the New...Hopefully, it will re-open doors to gain interest once again..

Paradise

D.J. Paradise

Reaction score
Nyasia said:
and I beleive that Paradise did the same, most if not all the song is there to be heard :)

Hey ROG! :)

and I agree with both Callo and paradise, most of these songs can't be heard if not on comps..unfortunately...
Lmao, ok, I guess we were doing this post at the same time......
Thanx Baby ;)

Ashley

Recording / Performing Artist
Reaction score
Nya;

Thanks for the Plug LOL, Really though I enjoy freestyle and Muisic. Ive been laying low and hopefully be doing some appearances real soon.

Paradise Hi Sweetie, and hopefully Like you said James @ KTu will kepp Playing some more New School. Hopefully Here We are will get a few spins.

dj steve callo

Reaction score
Hey Paradise, after i read my post, it actually came out the wrong way, I meant to also add to your point that we didn't cut the songs short, but i jumped the gun too soon, and just commented about your good point about mixed comps. They are the only avenue that new school has traveled on, and if not for mixed comps we'd be going in the wrong direction.

Oh well, it's been a long day. :whistle

Krystal

Reaction score
Well I know after I heard all the songs on the 2nd cd I emailed Mickey to find out if these songs would be available on an unmixed cd. His answer to me was that he was "thinking" about it.

Not sure how to take that but the MIXED cd itself is SLAMMIN!!!!!! :dancingb

Menage3

Reaction score
NO problem Steve, as an artist on this megamix i have to represent of all of us!

RoGeReM

Reaction score
D.J. Paradise said:
Hey Roger,
This is my opinion on your question...

There are artist still making Freestyle, but have no label to put it out on (with the exception of a few: NuImage, Ayne, Ashley), so they submit it to a mixed comp with hope that maybe, someone will like it enough to pick it up, to then be released. I think if it weren't for the mixed comps and some Internet Radio stations, New school wouldn't get heard at all. I believe James Anthony is now slipping in a New School song every week which is an great thing, but you are asking for a cd with all these new school songs? At this point, no label is going to do that. For now, fans have to settle for the mixed comps and forums like this one, to atleast, get a taste of what new school is out.
I mean, you never know what will come from the mixed comps.
Hey, it's a start right and this was in no way to try to change your mind on getting the Bangin Beats or any other mixed comp, but again, to try to answer your question.

Take vcare and have a great day...
DJ Paradise
Thanks DJ Paradise for giving me some insight on what is going on these days.
Nowadays it seems that the music biz is all screwed up. I guess that explains the flood of mixed comps out there these days because good dance artists can't get a label it seems unless you are a rap/hip-hop. It is extremely rare these days to buy new freestyle comps and I really like the new music on this comp so I will be buying this one.

Does anyone know how long (average length) the tracks are on the comp?

I hope I didn't offend anyone out there. If I did, I apologize.