Babie & Keys

S.A.Y.

Reaction score
Where can I find "Secrets Of Love" by Babie & Keys?
Did they ever release it on any compilation?

Did they some other songs besides "Secrets Of Love" and "Playgirl"?

Thanx!

R

Rhoq

Unfortunately, I have never seen "SECRETS OF LOVE" on a commerical CD but Babie & Keyes' other songs were featured on THE BEST OF CRIMINAL RECORDS: THE FREESTYLE COLLECTION (1995 Criminal Records/Hot Productions)...I have always regarded this compilation as a must-have.

1. Baby Don't Go - FFWD
2. January, February - Tina B.
3. Playgirl - Babie & Keyes
4. Roses Are Red - Maribel
5. Let's Spend the Night Alone - Babie & Keyes
6. Honey to Bee - Tina B.
7. Love Is Blind - Rahsun
8. Taken - Darlene
9. Only One - Babie & Keyes
10. Miracles Explode - Tina B.
11. Shadows - Lisa Fisher
12. Sworn to Fun - Wally Jump Jr.

http://fye.com/catalog/musicProduct.jhtml?itemId=10197878

R

Rhoq

No Problem, S.A.Y. - if you are a fan of Old School Freestyle you will love this CD if you decide to order it.

:)

Ivan Diller

DMA Magazine - Writer
Reaction score
I have that CD and it's great! I still listen to it all the time. Good stuff.

R

Rhoq

"SECRETS OF LOVE" was remade by the group Mixed back in 1997. It was featured on their album, (titled: "MY HEART BEATS FOR 'YA") released on D'Lan Records/Hot Productions and it was also featured on Willie Valentin's AVP FREESTYLE, VOL. 4 (AVP Records/Hot Productions)...

R

Rhoq

AnthonyA1971 said:
Also, I'm I the only way who likes PLaygirl more than Secrets Of Love??!!

Yes, I think you are!!!

"ONLY ONE" is alright. If you like "PLAYGIRL" then you should like it...

To me, "SECRETS OF LOVE" was their best song...

:)

Alex

Reaction score
Stockholm, Sweden..Freestyle doesn't exist here
The Lisa Fischer song - Only Love Shadows featured on the Criminal CD is the bomb! You probably seen Beat Street, Only Love Shadows is the song that is playing when the crew enters the Roxys and later there's the battlescene between NYC Breakers and RSC.
One of the best freestylesongs produced by Arthur Baker.
Never released on 12inch though, I asked him when he visited Sweden a month ago. I also asked him about the Brenda K Starr - Vicious Beat, never released either. He said he had the masters at home, I said to him that he should release a 12" with the Brenda K Starr song on the A-side and The Rockers Revenge - Battle Cry (another great song that was never released on 12") or Lisa Fischer on the other side. He said he liked my idea and was thinking of it now that the movie Beat Street is re-released on VHS and DVD. You never know maybe he decides to release it...