Ashley Here We Are

Ashley

Recording / Performing Artist
Reaction score
Hi ;

I would like to hear your thoughts on My lastest single Here We Are.

Your feedback would be appreciated.

Fanaticjoe

Reaction score
Ashley - “HERE WE ARE” (CD Single)
Rating: 9 out of 10

1. Here We Are (Radio Edit) 4:30
2. Extended Club Mix 5:25
3. Drum and Vox 4:13
4. Keys and Vox 4:30
5. Ashley-Pellas 3:33
6. Just Drumz 4:13
7. Drumz and Delay 4:13
8. Hybrid Drumz and Vox 4:28
9. Freestek Mix 4:40
10. When's It All Gonna End? (Bonus Track) 4:28

What can be said about “HERE WE ARE” that isn’t already said when you hear the song? This is one of what now seems to be rare occasions where a new Freestyle song can speak for itself.

Continuing where they left off with “WHEN’S IT ALL GONNA END”, Edwin Ramos, Jr. and Ashley continue to impress me. Ashley’s vocals are the best they have ever been and Edwin’s production is tight. The song is very reminiscent of Chris Barbosa’s early 1990’s style when he had produced George LaMond’s biggest Freestyle hits. This is really no surprise, since Chris is one of Edwin’s musical influences.

Edwin and Ashley function as a team and seem to bring out the best in each other. I was not a fan of Edwin’s earlier productions (ie Hot Productions) but with last year’s release of The Evolution Of Dance and now “HERE WE ARE” by Ashley, he has proven that he can deliver quality Freestyle music.

The single boast 10 tracks, including the bonus track, “WHEN’S IT ALL GONNA END” (from the afore mentioned Evolution Of Dance compilation). Most of the mixes are various combinations of Vocals, drums and keyboards with different effects applied. What I appreciate most about this single, is not only do you get a variety of different mixes to choose from, but the Radio version also begins differently than the Extended Club Mix which shows me that some thought was put into the various mixes, instead of just doing a quick edit job. While Old School Multi-Edits would have been nice (and truly complete the package), the truth is: “HERE WE ARE” is so strong by itself that even without multi-edits, the song is complete.

There is a remix of “HERE WE ARE” featured on the single called the “Freestek Mix”, which is quite interesting. It incorporates James Brown breakbeats and electro-synth sounds to create a more progressive-Freestyle sound (some might argue that this mix isn’t Freestyle, but I would say it is). I compare this mix to something that Nu-Image producer Pompeo Messano might do. As long as it sounds good, I’m happy.

The bottom line: “HERE WE ARE” is the best new Freestyle song I have heard in years. It proves that if you pour your heart and soul into the music, the Old School quality will shine through in the end. This is the direction that Freestyle needs to go if it wants to survive and thrive. “Planet Rock” loops and so-called progression have done nothing to revitalize our music. In this era of CrapStyle releases it’s reassuring to know that there are some people out there still recording the kind of Freestyle music that I want to hear.

Any real Freestyle fan will feel the need to have this single in his/her collection, you will not be disappointed. Don’t be cheap and download the song, spend the $5 and get the real pressed CD!

I would have rated this single a perfect “10”, but I figured if I did that perhaps Ashley & Edwin might see no reason to push themselves further on their next collaboration.

To order your copy of “HERE WE ARE”, please visit Ashley’s Official website at: http://www.Ashley1.com

Taken from NHB.com

Krystal

Reaction score
Ashley!!!!! Love the song but then you know that! ;) Specially love the Paradise edits! Weeeeeeeppppppppaaaaaa!

GMAN! She has a promo mp3 clip in the VIP section. ;)

RoGeReM

Reaction score
Ashley....I love the song and am glad you included "When's It All Gonna End". I have been playing it ever since I bought it. I actually made my own compilation with "Here we Are" of new dance music. I buy so much music I have to make my own comps. I hope we can expect a full-length release sometime soon.

forte

Junior Freestyler
Reaction score
RoGeReM said:
Ashley....I love the song and am glad you included "When's It All Gonna End". I have been playing it ever since I bought it. I actually made my own compilation with "Here we Are" of new dance music. I buy so much music I have to make my own comps. I hope we can expect a full-length release sometime soon.

Full length is slated for a mid summer release, and there are more planned releases of Ashley material within the year.

Ashley

Reaction score
canesfan3369 said:
Ashley this has a kick @ss sound! I want it! Where can I get it?

Canesfan;

Thankyou for the order Its been shipped . Enjoy

EL_BORICUA_72

Reaction score
Ashley sweety the song is the bomb you have Here We Are has been on the Latino Voice magazine in the top 10 for months and I remember correctly it's been #1 a few times

Franco Carlos

Reaction score
HI ASHELY I bought the cd single here we are. I love it... my favorite mix is drums and delay mix.....I love the beats it has those strong freestyle beats and i sing along thru out the song. But my all time favorite is still DON"T LET ME GO"... love ya ASH

your CANADIAN FREESTYLE SUPPORT
FRANCO CARLOS

Ashley

Reaction score
Thankyou everyone , I appreciate the support,

Some one@ this site is acting Inmature about a cd I shipped and they didnt recive so Im sure Ill be getting negative feedback shortly

I ve offered to resend it free of charge , but to no Avail.

OH well

forte

Junior Freestyler
Reaction score
http://www.mp3tunes.com/Ashley

Review Title -- Excellent Freestyle Dance Song

Reviewer: paulpark
Ashley's "Here We Are" is an excellent upbeat vocal dance song that fits the dance music genre known as Freestyle. The Freestyle music genre was very popular in the 80's and 90's (known as Latin Hip-Hop at the time)with dance music artists such as The Cover Girls, Safire, and Cynthia. What makes Ashley's song "Here We Are" so addicting is that she successfully manages to blend classic Freestyle music rhythms and beats with her extremely gifted vocal talents. Ashley's dreamy and soothing vocal work on "Here We Are" gives this Freestyle song a very modern 2005 feel and most important of all makes you wanna get up and dance! I recommend dance music fans download the Extended Club Mix version of "Here We Are" because it offers the best mix of Ashley's vocal talents and classic Freestyle dance beats. Extended Club Mix Track Time: 5:25

PURE TREND

Reaction score
great song

ashley's here we are is one of the best new school freesyle songs out! ashley's sounds great and edwin ramos did a great job on the production! it has a radio friendy beat and with touch of the old freestyle magic that made us all love this music! if u love freestyle u will love this song!