Another So. Fl Concert

C

clubgirl

Lisa Lisa will be in concert at aqua lounge in boca Raton Fl.

Aqua Lounge is located between palmetto park rd and Glades on powerline Rd..

How many members are planning on going I know Im gonna be there lets get a huge group going..

Ayza

mike4949

Reaction score
Ayza

Thanks. I was listening to the Freestyle freefor all sunday. Judy said she lives in Florida. I know she's sometimes on Tiana on Teen Nick.

Mike:D

MikeDelgado

Reaction score
As I've been told....

Here's a rundown on the Broward Freestyle scene, as I've been told:

B-Love (Brian Love) once owned Club Boca (now known as Radius). I was there for the legenday Stevie B concert back in May of '98 (i believe). B-Love would often arrange concerts every Friday following the Power broadcast from the Club. Club Boca was eventually shut down because of narcotics. Some time later, B-Love opened up "EEEEEEEMMMMMMMEEERRALLLLDDDD CITYYYYYY" (HE WAS THE ONE WHO RECORDED THE EMERALD'S SPOTS ON POWER). He continued with Freestyle Fridays and booked artists every weekend. I would drive up there every Friday. Among those booked were LISA, LISA, George Lamond, Judy T, Noel, Will To Power, Stevie B, and, yes, Johnny O's legendary "Lock the Bible Show"...his first concert since he began his multi-year sabbatical. This show was hosted by none other than Jammin Johnny!!! Emerald was shutdown & B-Love was charged with selling alcohol to minors, for which he served time. And now he has opened AQUA Lounge. B-Love is a strong supporter of freestyle. His resident DJs are Shalomar & O.D. Blaze. I expect Brian to revive the music in Broward. I'm sure you heard his voice on the air during the spots.

Anyway, this is just a bit of history as I was told by another local freestyle writer. I must admit, I miss Emerald & Club Boca very much. I had such wonderful times there, despite the 45 minute drive.

ALL THE BEST,

Kenny Guido

Staff member
Reaction score
I wondered where she lived, too. I know she films the tv show on nickelodeon, and those studios are in florida. someone find out!! also tell her CLUB FREESTYLE says "HI"!. Last i spoke to her, she had told me she doesnt go on the computer much and didnt know freestyle blew up again!

C

clubgirl

cool

Mike -- very well history lesson ... and very acurate from what I recall to ... aqua lounge is suppose to be great!!!!

Kenny -- I will be there you know with me in the house I alwasy get the scoop. I am hoping to be able to interview her it would make a great piece :) And as far as her knowing about the website the only thing i dont to is take my laptop to show everyone and walk them through the website LOL But it should be a great show....

Ayza

Heavenly

Reaction score
When is this concert?? I don't think I would be going, but would be nice to know when so IF I want to go!

C

clubgirl

Heavenly

HEY GIRL!!!!!

The concert is this coming friday Jan 18th down here in boca raton...

I hope you can make it..

Send me a PM to let me know how things been

Ayza

brianmei

Reaction score
I saw Lisa Lisa at Great America in the San Jose, CA area several months ago, and she put on a great show. There were 7,000 people at this concert!

C

clubgirl

Hey ER

yea i am hoping to be getting ready for NYC to but i havent seen lisa lisa yet and im looking foward to it :) Ill see u in NYC ER

Ayza

freestylevet

Reaction score
ANOTHER NY'RS RESOLUTION OUT THE DOOR!!

OH WELL, I GUESS ANOTHER NEW YEARS RESOLUTION I AM BREAKING...THAT 2 OUT OF 4...SHIT...WHAT ELSE CAN I BREAK?

BUT I HAVENT SEEN LISA LISA EVER IN CONCERT AND I DO LIKE HER SONGS VERY MUCH SO I'M GOING TOO:p