Another New Music Clip From Nu Image

Tony G.

Reaction score
Here is yet another NEW clip from a track coming on the NEW Nu Image album.
The song is intitled "REALIZE" I feel cross over potential here.
We are still in the production phase but I just had to give you guys a snippet.
I was not planning to be in NJ till July but it looks as if I will be there this weekend to finish vocals on this NEW Nu Image track. I THINK VIC DID A GREAT JOB ON THIS VERSE.
Let us know what you think.
This tarck was produced by MATE and Vic aka VZ of Nu Image. The truth be i'm feeling it. log onto www.nuimageworld.com and go to the music button and click on "REALIZE" Thats right more "NEW" music from Nu Image.

RUMMY-G

Reaction score
I really don't like the drum roll in the beginning... it doesn't allow for a smooth transition into the actual beat and misleads the audience a bit. Jingles are nice to overlay with vocals in a Freestyle track, but too much of them cause redundancy. Lyrics get stronger towards the break (which arrived sooner than expected) than in the beginning. Work on strengthening the introduction. This should make for a nice addition to your album when it's done-

Krystal

Reaction score
Oh I dunno Rummy...I'm no expert but I like the drums in the beginning. :D

TONYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! I want my CD!!!!!!!! :lol :lol

You guys ROCK!!!!!!! :1luv

DJ Soul

Reaction score
I agree with Krys!!!!! Very nice so far! I know this second albumn is gonna be off the CHAIN!!!!

Tony G.

Reaction score
Thanks guys,

were just trying to keep you all in the loop on the making of this 2nd Nu Image album.
Thank you all for your feedback.
By no means do we plan to let you down.

Rhoq

Reaction score
Tony G. said:
To us it's a NEW track from Nu Image. I am sure there will be remixes.

Right, but it's still not Freestyle. Please don't take this the wrong way Tony - but I fail to see the reasoning behind advertising your non-Freestyle material here in the Freestyle section. Wouldn't this be best suited in "Everything Else / Shoutouts"? ;)

A post like this only creates false hope for people that actually care about hearing new Freestyle music. It might be new music to Nu Image, but it's not new Freestyle music, even to the most casual of Freestyle fans (which makes up the core membership of CF). I know most people are willing to accept just about anything shoved down thier throats now-a-days and since you guys were once considered to be a Freestyle group, people still have a habit of associating Nu Image with Freestyle music. In their eyes, I guys you just can't do any wrong.

I enjoyed Nu Image back when they were a group on Funkee Records. I don't like this new "Nu Image Flava", as you call it. Nu Image the Freestyle group is dead. It died with the release of your first album which tried way to hard to incorporate the commercial dance trends of today rather than "keep it real". It looks like that trend continues in 2005.

Tony - is Freestyle still in your heart or are you just so dead set on becoming a pop superstar that you forgot where Nu Image first earned it's true fan base?

Last edited:

melissa figueroa

Reaction score
Woah !!!!!Tony vic tyree,,,You guys can do what ever you want ..You have evolved reguardless what anyone says I mean of course not everyone is going to like your music and no one should get grief for that but theres a line ...I mean fine you dont like it ok!! like one of thier new songs says "MOVE ON" lol...Why do people try to knock a good thing...i am just speaking for myself and what I see....Yea you guys are known for your freestyle type sound but you guys perform for your fan base its not like you are to good for freestyle..Come on no disrespect to you rhoq because so far you been real cool with me I just dont understand sometimes on what is the big deal ..

Enigma

Reaction score
WOW TonyG what a beautiful song! I love it man! I can rock to this bro...you keep up the great work man you have my support thats for sure!

-antonio

Rhoq

Reaction score
melissa figueroa said:
no disrespect to you rhoq because so far you been real cool with me I just dont understand sometimes on what is the big deal ..

We are here for our love of FREESTYLE music. Yes, sometimes an artist needs to "grow" and experiment outside of Freestyle. But it's disheartening when so many Freestyle artists are jumping on the Pop/R&B/Reggaeton/Trance/Hip-Hop/(insert any other genre here) bandwagon. It's even more disturbing to see these artists use Freestyle specific forums to promote their new non-Freestyle projects. Like I said, there is "Everything Else / Shoutouts" for non-Freestyle related postings. If it's not Freestyle then it doesn't belong in the Freestyle section - though I'm sure a few replies from now some moron will proclaim this to be "the new Freestyle" like they always do.

Oh well - I will just keep any future comments to myself and let my money speak when the new Nu Image album comes out and I don't buy a copy. ;)

Reaction score
The pop/R&B is a very tough market to break into. Nu Image is known for freestyle but they also have their own unique sound/style. I don't think Nu Image is trying to crossover but more like creating a new style. We all have to face it, Freestyle is NOT coming back. It was an era like disco was in the 70's and people always stated that disco will never die. Disco never died, it just came back as house music. I feel that a new sound will replace "FREESTYLE". Freestyle will always be alive in our hearts but it's been 10 years since radio dropped it from rotation. Yes, there are still independant labels putting out freestyle and it's very underground now but the sales are not enough for radio. Without radio, nothing will work.. It's a shame that radio is the key now where back in the days DJ's played and created the buzz and then radio would jump on it. I feel that even if the track is not "Freestyle" a true producer will still make a "Freestyle Mix" just for the die hard freestyle fans. I'm sure Tony did not start this thread to dis freestyle. it's a very rough mix of a song that he would like his fans to listen and give their feedback. We are all family here so it really doesn't matter where the post is. He is not promoting something that is not freestyle as this track is in stage 1 demo. If it was the finish product and it's 100% crossover with no freestyle mix, then you have a valid point. it's a demo, let's not bash but support Nu Image. They have been around for a long time and are overdue and they are taking the risk of creating a new style. It could go either way like everything else in this business of music. my 2 cents

Enigma

Reaction score
I'm the type of fan that yes, I do love Freestyle, but I get a thrill hearing my well know freestyle artists sing on other types of genres. For example I love Johnny O and "take me through the night". That was pure Johnny O with a dance music touch. That song is phat.

I guess I am diverse, but not hardcore freestyle. Personally I love to hear orginality in sounds and thus...Nu Image is creating that from what I am hearing lately from them.

Im tired of music sounding the same...its time to make it spicy...make it funky...make the people dance and not weep.

To be honest I like to think Freestyle as Freestyle and nothing more. I understand that in this world things evolve...but I dont see how Freestyle can evolve into a different type of genre and continue calling it freestyle. Freestyle is a genre of its own at least in my opinion thats what I feel. The only thing in this world that evolve is humans. And thus Freestyle artists are evolving into other known genres of music. Thats what i like...but sure I don't mind a taste of the times you know. Shit I would love for TKA to come back and sing it freestyle hardcore only...but...its a chance you taking and from what I am hearing on the radio and on the streets lately...its all hip hop/trance/dance types of music..oh and regatteon too lol

Its not easy to break back in...you need support...you need love...you need teamwork...unification of artists working together with new ideas and plans to break the barrier. I don't see that.

Tony G.

Reaction score
Rhoq said:
Right, but it's still not Freestyle. Please don't take this the wrong way Tony - but I fail to see the reasoning behind advertising your non-Freestyle material here in the Freestyle section. Wouldn't this be best suited in "Everything Else / Shoutouts"? ;)

A post like this only creates false hope for people that actually care about hearing new Freestyle music. It might be new music to Nu Image, but it's not new Freestyle music, even to the most casual of Freestyle fans (which makes up the core membership of CF). I know most people are willing to accept just about anything shoved down thier throats now-a-days and since you guys were once considered to be a Freestyle group, people still have a habit of associating Nu Image with Freestyle music. In their eyes, I guys you just can't do any wrong.

I enjoyed Nu Image back when they were a group on Funkee Records. I don't like this new "Nu Image Flava", as you call it. Nu Image the Freestyle group is dead. It died with the release of your first album which tried way to hard to incorporate the commercial dance trends of today rather than "keep it real". It looks like that trend continues in 2005.

Tony - is Freestyle still in your heart or are you just so dead set on becoming a pop superstar that you forgot where Nu Image first earned it's true fan base?

Rhoq,

please understand something, I am not about abandon fans just because we have recorded new music that doesn't fit into the freestyle format. Will our album have freestyle music on it? I guess you will never know since you don't plan on buying the NEW NU IMAGE ALBUM.

I will continue to promote NU IMAGE MUSIC at whatever site will have us.
You know what I love of about the fans they have not abandon NU IMAGE and thats why we keep coming and coming consistent with new music and for our fans that want freestyle, after reading this post , I gave a call to the fellas and now your hit, cause we will record 1 hard classic hardcore freestyle track and it won't be for it to become a hit, thats for sure but it will be for the true hardcore fans. The truth is that really won't change the freestyle situation but if it will make even 1 fan happy it was worth it for us.

As you have been honest Rhoq so will I.
I hear some of the new so called freestyle that you so clearly love and don't take this the wrong way but "IT'S WACK" really really WACK.
You can sit there and tell yourself otherwise but the bottom line is that it's WACK! and deep in your heart I know you have to know this.

We are not perfect and have never called it quits, but we will do the music NU IMAGE wants to do, if we never did you would have never had a "TEARS IN MY EYES" or "SOUNDS OF LOVE" some people weren't feeling those 2 tracks when we first recorded them , but guess what others did like yourself, and now I guess your on the other side of the fence and thats cool, but don't criticize us for trying to move forward and trying to make something happen for ourselves.
We don't forget our roots but even roots grow and take a whole new shape.
So if listening to some cute little wack tracks make you happy, enjoy, but you aren't getting any of that wackness from Nu Image, sorry.

Don't you take it the wrong way, but don't you run a label and don't you have some really great new freestyle hits coming out or are you gonna give the freestyle fans false hope as you call it.
When you have some clips of your new freestyle put it up on CF and I will give my honest critic and I will be totaly honest and if it's hot I will tell you that to.

Freestyle will always be in my heart if I had it my way and the market was like it was in 1988 etc NU IMAGE would definately be crackin the airwaves , but it's not and times have changed and we have to struggle but we keep doing so because the MUSIC period is in our hearts.

For everyone being so supportive of all the music NU IMAGE records freestyle or otherwise thanks you because it's 4 U.