A night at Mirror Image Recordings

Crystal2001

Reaction score
Last night, which was December 15, 2001, was a night I will NEVER forget. I was invited to the studio, to be a part of Nelson"FFWD"Cruz's fundraising due to the tragedy we all have been through not too long ago. I was honored to be a part of it all, to have experienced everything that was going on. Things I have never experienced in my life, when it came to the thing I love most, which is singing and doing something for others. I personally have never been in a studio booth before, and when I did, I was amazed of all the things I saw. So many buttons! And I have also met so many great people! I may not remember everyones name, because I know there was a lot of people in the studio and in the video, but every single one of them had a great talent. They sang from the heart, even when they didnt even have to sing in front of everyone. That is something that I admired the most. Two ladies from London (Nelson, was it london?)..lol..Well, I know it was from somewhere there. Well anyways, I was with those two ladies that night, and believe me, they are great people! I was even honored to explain to them what Freestyle was, because they had no idea. They seemed so interested in everything, that I just wouldnt shut up.

Kenny, Diane and son was there. Dont worry Diane, I remember your sons name..(Davian)..I love that damn name..LOL..Anthony AKA freestyle lover came, DJ Jiggly, Noel stopped by, Rockel showed up, and even the families that had lost a loved one during the horrible tragedy. Many other people showed up to pay there respects and be a part of it all. Thank you Nelson for inviting me to this, I appreciate it... God Bless you ALL...

NELSONFFWDCRUZ

Recording / Performing Artist & Producer
Reaction score
THANX FOR SHOWING UP!!!

THANX FOR COMING DOWN AND FORMING:

"ARTISTS AGAINST TERRORISM"

THANX FOR ALL OF THE KIND, WARM, CARING AND SUPPORTIVE WORDS.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SURVIVORS, FAMILIES OF THE LOST OR MISSING VICTIMS OF THE SEPTEMBER 11TH TERRORISIT ATTACK ON AMERICA.

IT WAS TOTALLY OFF THE HOOK, HANGERS AND CLOTHES LINES HAVING YOU THERE.

GOD BLESS US ALL!!!

:)

Crystal2001

Reaction score
Awww, Nelson, I hope you will be doing something like that again..You really are the best!

Crystal2001

Reaction score
Yes Mike..Everything that Nelson has done for me..Will always be remembered..He has taken me to the studio..To KTU to see TKA..He has gotten me into the club once..He is absolutly the bomb..LOL

FreestyleMom

Reaction score
Thanks for inviting me Nelson! Sorry I was MIA!!

:( Well, due to fam/personal probs I was invited, but unable to attend. That is unless I wanted to travel to NY by myself.

Thanks again Nelson for the invite, I consider you a TRUE FRIEND, and I support all the wonderful, unselfish things that you do for people. I wish that everyone in the world was like you, then maybe there'd be PEACE.

I can't wait to see the video!! Where is there a link to the pics, and did anyone write a more indepth story about the 2 days (was there more?) of taping??

And, Crystal, did you say BUTTONS?? I went out and bought a mailing envelope full of different types of buttons and pins for Nelson & the artists, even some cool rhinestone ones for the female artists. For what seemed like FOREVER they were LOST IN THE MAIL during the anthrax scare, and then Nelson informed me that they had arrived!! If they were worn by any of the artists, or Nelson then I am beyond THRILLED!!

I was truly with everyone there in spirit, even if I couldn't get there physically. I appreciate ALL the artists that turned out, and Nelson, you know YOU'RE THE MAN!! I hope to hang out again with you soon, you're a real sweetheart, AND alot of fun!!

This was a rough time for me too, my hubby works for the Postal Service, my cousin is a flight attendant who was in the air Sept. 11th, my other cousin's building was afew doors down from the WTC, and he had to run for his life (his buiding was destroyed), and I was a teachers aide for my children's fave elementary teacher and she lost her son in the collapse of the Towers, he worked for Espeed, and he was on one of the top floors. He has yet to be recovered last I heard. So, this benefit meant alot to me.

Thanks again to ALL who contributed, Nelson, the artists, anyone that worked on this behind the scenes, and even to those of you that came out to watch and show your support. Sorry again that I missed seeing you all!!

Love & Peace in The New Year!!
FreestyleMom:)

Crystal2001

Reaction score
LOL FreestyleMom..I mean Buttons..The buttons in the studio..The one that controls the sound and everything..LOL...I should have rephrased myself..Sorry sweety..I wish you would have come...Nelson is the MAN!!!

FreestyleMom

Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying that lol!

I guess my package didn't arrive in time then, that's dissapointing, but I'll get over it!