Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Forums > American Freestyle Dance Music Discussion

Notices

American Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Forum for discussions regarding Freestyle dance music made in America

Freestyle Forum: Adam Marano

Old 11-05-2001, 11:40 AM
CF Freestyler

bassy
[email protected]
I wonder how many people think they are all different artists?

Old 11-05-2001, 03:13 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Location: Paterson, NJ A reject city with good New York supported music!!
Orgntr1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok keh, no offense to Adam but im starting to think that he has a multiple personality disorder. lol.

Bassbump, he does make good music. I'm not complaining. So many people trash just cuz his stuff's too "commercial" and different. Just like p diddy. I wish people can stop hating on other people. They need to start listening from their hearts. He's a valuable player in the freestyle world and the fact that he's kept it real till this day should make you guys think.
Old 04-11-2002, 01:35 PM
CF Member

Primax
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Sammarco
How come nobody ever gives Rob Federici any credit for the TPE/Viper/Rockell material? If Rob were not involved these songs may have sounded very different.
ROB FEDERICI rocks! This dude is freestyle! Go PolyGon Go PolyGon!
Old 04-11-2002, 01:45 PM
CF Freestyler

bassy
leave it to u to get this thread back up here LOL!

Federici produced before Viper/TPE/Rockell didn't he?

I saw a picture of him once with R. Rosati. He's a very good looking man too I will add aside from his producing credentials. Wonder if he got better with age?
Old 04-11-2002, 02:07 PM
CF Member

ViperRecords
can we mention
remember
adam has recorded hot 100 singles with 4 different engineers
at four different studios
on 9 different labels
airplay and hits in 1991
airplay and hits in 2001
make that 2002 with eyra gail's "heaven" massive airplay/billboard charting single
and yes.......were proud to say ROB FEDERICI is still a vital part of the team

AND ADAM'S BEST FRIEND FOR 10 YEARS

THE TEAM

Tom Ackley
Vice-President a/r
Viper Music Network LLC
Old 04-11-2002, 02:17 PM
CF Freestyler

bassy
Tom thank for that information but I've read it before. Perhaps you know the answer to my question? Was Federici producing before Viper/TPE/Rockell and is he still just as good looking? Either or both answers - suit yourself. But if you don't know about the latter question, maybe you could ask LOL. He was fine.
Old 04-11-2002, 02:32 PM
CF Member

ViperRecords
bassy

in 1990 adam brings a group "dtu" into the polygon
shortly after that, adam brings in "denine"
and things go from there
the polygon was in operation prior to that, but really begins to take off after Adam starts making hits there as Rob would tell you himself
Adam owns several studios and uses numerous engineers but as we've said before Rob has been an integral part of the team.

all the recent hits were engineered by......uh.......let me think....
me (lol) "Mambo Italiano","Can u show me", and of course "heaven"
hey i should get a raise.....!

perhaps rob can tell you himself........write me at [email protected] and i'll get you his e-maill addy

Tom

ps to correct your statement, Adam produces everything he does. On occasion there will be a co-producer but it's rare.
we (engineers) technically mix the project (with adam lurking over our soldiers)
Old 04-11-2002, 03:16 PM

Nyasia is on a distinguished road
as a fellow artist I think Adam is a terific person as a player in the industry he is smart as hell.
Old 04-11-2002, 03:23 PM
Honorary CF Member

JOEDOCPA is on a distinguished road
i thnk Adam is cool he did a good thing for philly freestyle i wish he can do it again and wake people up in philly to real music not the same top 40 all the time
Old 04-11-2002, 03:35 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

toni is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah joe maybe he can remake always on time by jlo
Old 04-11-2002, 03:39 PM
Honorary CF Member

maybe it would be cool to see him remake a top 40 hit so people go out and get it and then hit them with the freestyle and then we can say welcome back freestyle not that it went anywhere in my heart i love it and wii keep getting freestyle as long as i live .
Old 04-11-2002, 03:41 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

toni is an unknown quantity at this point
LMAO!!!!
Old 04-11-2002, 03:45 PM
Honorary CF Member

same think with the backstreest boys and nstink if they did a freestyle song the people that lisn to them now would stop because they dont know freestyle i just hope they dont do freestyle or its the end of the world
Old 04-11-2002, 03:50 PM
Honorary CF Member

mike4949 is on a distinguished road
Hey Guys, Adam get lots of props from me. He and the rest of Viper and Metropolitan records is why Freestyle is still around today. I know his music some say might not be true freestyle, but, sometimes you have to take those risks if you want to move ground. Look at hip hop 8 years ago when RUN DMC teamed with Areosmith to re rap Walk This Way. Many hip hop heads though it was ab bad idea, but 8 years later; the reason why (ugly ass) JaRule can talk about living large is because of the risk taking by RUN DMC to make hip hop one of the best selling styles of music around. So more people like Adam needs to take more risk into moving positive ground.
Old 04-11-2002, 05:48 PM
Recording / Performing Artist

Ashley is an unknown quantity at this point
The man got mad Talent and the Smarts to go with It. Got nothing but Love for him.

:hearton

Ashley

http://www.ashleyonline.moonfruit.com

Whens it all Gonna End ? You said that you Loved me you need me, but I Know thats not true.
Old 04-11-2002, 06:34 PM

Rolando
Adam is 'DA MAN!!!!

It would break my heart to think/know that he didn't care or have any real love for Freestyle, but whether that were true or not…he'd still be my Favorite Artist. I mean, just look at my email address at the bottom ([email protected]). I guess I should go 'head and say that one of my Dreams is to be apart of Viper Records someday. It wouldn't hurt me if some of you think or call me a "SuckUp", I know what I'm saying and if all is well & meant to be, than may it happen someday.

" Rolando "

Last edited by Rolando; 04-12-2002 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-12-2002, 12:17 PM
CF Member

Jason@atomic
Philly Freestyle

Yes Rob Federici has been producing Freestyle for a number of years.

According to Rob, the first Freestyle song produced at the Polygon studio was Ton` de Jon.

Ton` de Jon was made up of brothers Anthony and Jon Costa.
They recorded "2 Of A Kind" on 12" for Superb Records.

When Adam recorded "Then Came You" as T.P.E (The Philadelphia Experiment) the song featured Adam singing lead vocals, Denine singing the song's hook, Joe from Marre` with ad-libs, Colorblind sining the rap in the break and a sample of "2 Of A Kind", . Sort of an all-star Philly Freestyle group for the time.

For those of you who don't know that is Rob Federici's sexy voice on the intro of T.P.E's song "Forever And A Day"
Quote:
"We can't be together - At least not now... blah, blah, blah... I'll be loving you forever and a day"
Rob Federici actually was in a Rock band a'la the Hooters named SFT. If you notice on one of the Boca Freetyle compilations you will see a Freestyle song ("Hurt So Bad") sung by Rob himself under the same name.

And if I'm not mistaken Viper's Tom Ackley also has a song on a Boca compilation (Tommy Bravo?)

And when it comes to Adam, which should be Mr. Marano to all of us; love him or hate him, you should respect him for his continuing to give us Freestlye music.

The history of Freestyle music would be written a lot differently with out Marano, especially if he did not produce Viper Freestyle Parade Volume 1, containing the singles "I'll Be Loving You" by Collage, and "I Remember" by Denine.

Yes there were others who were on a paralell course and were also getting ready to produce thier own compilations at the same time. (Philly's other favorite Feetyle label Tazmania debuted roughly about the same time.)

But it was Marano's penned and produced "I'll Be Loving You" which broke into the Top 40 when radio, could gave two $h!t$ about playing a dance or Freestyle song.

And Adam has proven that he can produce music in other genres. So we should be glad that he still wants to produce Freestyle.

There are two types of people in the music business... Those who are in it for the money... and those who lie and say they aren't!

Yes, people do it it for their love of music but people have to eat!

Quote:
"It's called show business... not show friends" Wesley Snipes - New Jack City
Is Adam in it for the money? If he was in music just for the money, I can tell you Adam is definitley shrewd enough, and smart enough to move on. But he wants to make Freestyle music still.

To Adam, Rob, Tom, and to all the writers, producers, engineers, artists, promoters, record labels, DJs, radio stations and fans who continue to support Freestyle: Thank You!

Last edited by [email protected]; 04-13-2002 at 01:13 AM.
Old 04-12-2002, 12:41 PM
CF Freestyler

phillybronx
Well Said!!!!!!
:yeey
:wave
"Treat Me Right..!" :lilsuzy
Old 04-12-2002, 12:48 PM

Rolando
DAMN, How I LOVE Freestyle!